Cover Girl Classic Color 'Soft Mink'

4.2

Talc, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 Lake, Ultramarines, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Tin Oxide

on 4/17/2010 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this blush almost everyday, and I have been as long as I can remember! It's great by itself or w/ bronzer. It definitely has shimmer, but I like that b/c I find matte blushes and bronzers to be too chalky looking. The brush it comes with sucks, I used to use it when I was younger and didn't know better haha. But with a decent blush brush it applies beautifully. It looks awesome whether I'm super pale or fake tan, so I guess I'd recommend it to everyone!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been hearing good things about this blush and although, I tend to stick with pink blushes, I decided to give this peachy blush a go. For starters, the packaging & brush are crappy but inside lies a high quality product. The color is a peachy bronze with a bit of shimmer. Some may find the shimmer a bit much but I actually like it as it gives off healthy glow. Very pigmented and long lasting. It has a scent that reminds me of Nozema but nothing bothersome.

on 3/7/2010 10:49:00 PM

I just tried it the first time yesterday and immediately felt in love with this. It looks so nature and last until the end of the day, I do not have to reapply and still look good.

on 2/24/2010 4:20:00 PM

This blush is good for a daytime look if you apply lightly. it does contain glitter/shimmer and you only need a little bit, it goes a long way and you don't have to reapply it. Nice staying power. I just wish it didn't have to much shimmer in it. Otherwise, great color for a good price. I had this sitting under my makeup for a year and i didnt even know i had it! So, great discovery and im really liking it. I basically use this and another blush my Jane Cosmetics for my everyday class look. Very cute and glowly.

on 2/22/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow... I decided to purchase this product after reading these reviews and coming across a girl on Youtube talking about it. This blush is right up my alley and I can't even believe I just now started using it. I look at is as "graduating" in my realm of Covergirl taste lol. I'm a huge Covergirl fan... but over the years I've discovered other products from other lines and have abandoned my CG blushers... back in the day I used to always use a certain blush from their "cheekers" collection. I never even thought about trying out their Classic Color line, but I'm glad I found this one. It's got a more sophosticated packaging and the color is soo gorgeous. It's a beautiful peachy rose color with the softest amount of shimmer to it. I just adore it. I have been wearing it almost every day. It lasts for about 8 hrs too. It's a great find.

Edit: I really did not want to have to stop using but it was breaking me out. So sad. I loved the color. If they ever reformulated I would try it. I'm sensitive to Cover Girl products because they put Noxema in them.

on 12/8/2009 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product. It give me the most perfect , healthy looking glow to my face.

on 11/16/2009 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a nice soft neutral color. It's glowy and forgiving colorwise, but is shimmery so if you have rough area or wrinkles be aware to avoid toomuch on those areas. It's cheap enough that I keep spares around.

"HG STATUS"
I just realized that I have been wearing this blush everyday for over a year now, and I'm normally the girl who has a new 'best-ever' product about every other week.
I'm also the girl that most 'neutral' and 'natural' pinks and peaches look anything but on my skin. So I tried out roses and plums, reasoning that since the 'any girl, every girl' colors didn't work for me, the sideline colors might. Nope. Too garish, too warm, too cool, too wrong in some way, even with my light handed technique.
Circumstance had me reaching for Soft Mink in a Walgreens one day(I needed to apply a face quickly, and all of my makeup was at home). It was cheap, the color was light and very soft looking and, to be honest, this was Walgreens. If I didn't like the blush, I could return it. I applied in my Honda Accord dressing room and my mouth fell open.
Soft Mink is, in my opinion at least, a slightly cool rose color with slighty warm tones. There is shimmer, because no Cover Girl product would be complete without it. Shimmer and I are long time foes, but this is not overwhelming if you apply it delicately. And please do so.
I pick up a bit of color, dab softly, give it a smooth swirl, and that's it. My cheeks look flushed, not blushed.
If you're finding that most of the neutrals and naturals aren't for you, you might want to give this one a shot.

on 10/27/2009 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful neutral color. Tones down any redness in my pale skin. Shimmery, but not too much. Would be easy to apply too much color, so use less than you think you need. My HG blush.

on 10/10/2009 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Not wild about this blush. The payoff was lousy and it's really, really shiny. Might be ok for a teenager, they seem to be able to get away with shiny colors but not for my 47 year old skin. Would not repurchase.