Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 11/26/2013 9:54:00 PM

This concealer compact comes in two colors, so that you can customize the best shade for you. I accidentally purchased a shade lighter than needed, but I'm able to mix the colors with a little of my foundation and the color is perfect. This stuff will cover anything! It's very thick and creamy and does not seem to aggravate my acne or cause any others. It is best applied with a concealer brush.

on 11/20/2013 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This has a chalky less creamy texture but don't let that fool you it will seriously cover and it doesn't budge after you put it on. Does need to be set under the eyes. The SC-3 has a lovely yellow undertone!

on 10/28/2013 11:11:00 PM

This is my second buy. I had quite bad under-eye dark circles and had used numerous big brands which ended up caking or not lasting till end of the day but LM suits me so well. Really love it's texture. Light and yet good coverage especially you top up with their loose powder. It's perfecto! Why I said is good coverage because my eyes had a tendency to be quite watery at times and the concealer works well even it tears. It does not immediately wear off easily.

What I dislike is the packaging. The cover of the LM where the mirror is, both the little plastic hinges breaks away. So now I'm facing some problem how to put it back together.

Other than packaging all goes well.

on 10/14/2013 9:57:00 PM

Already on my second one . Doesn't break me up, doesn't wash off. It's wonderful:))

on 9/26/2013 2:47:00 PM

I am very on the fence about this product: there are definitely strong and weak points about it, which is why I only gave it three lippies. I bought this due to Lisa Eldridge mentioning it as one of her favorites.

PROS:
*does a fairly decent job at concealing the more faded acne scars you may have, as it's pretty pigmented
*the compact lasts literally forever...I hit pan on both sides more than 3 months ago and I haven't run out yet. So it's nice to get a lot of product for the price
*generally sticks around all day, as long as you wear a primer underneath (again, I'm not the best judge of this as my skin is quite oily)

CONS:
*I absolutely LOATHE double sided, mix-your-own color compacts. I understand that it's more customizable, but I hate taking the extra step.
*I bought this thinking that the "peachier" side could be used as a replacement for my trusty Bobbi Brown corrector. It can't. The formula does not play well under the eyes.
*you need to use the right brush with this to make it work - fingers, which I generally like to use for foundation/concealers do not work well with this product.

I probably wouldn't repurchase this due to the fact that I feel so "blah" about it. In my opinion, it's not something that's so special that I can't live without it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When I bought this, I liked the idea that I could use the compact year-round and adjust the shade by mixing the dark and light concealers to get a perfect match for my summer and winter skin tones. This is still a good idea in theory (hence the reason I gave this product two lippies instead of one) but I absolutely loathe the formulation. Regardless of whether I apply it with my fingers, with a concealer brush (including the LM concealer brush), or with a sponge, it somehow manages to slide right off whatever I am actually trying to conceal, whether it's a zit or a dark spot, but still cake up in the areas surrounding the blemish. I'm left with the original blemish still showing, plus a buildup of dry, flaky concealer in the vicinity of the blemish, which of course makes everything look 10 times worse. It's extremely dry and difficult to work with when applied directly out of the compact. I tried warming it up on the side of my hand before applying, thinking this would make it glide on more easily, but this method just causes the warmed-up concealer to slide off the blemish even faster. I like LM's tinted moisturizer and love some of her cream eyeshadows, but this mess of a concealer was a let-down.

on 8/14/2013 4:41:00 PM

This really camouflages everything! You need to really mix it with a brush to make this work. If I had nt gotten instructions from the sales assistant I would never have gotten it. I mix it with the tinted moisturiser for areas around my eyes. It really is the best concealer I have ever used. And BELIEVE ME, I have tried a lot.

on 8/8/2013 4:48:00 AM

Provides good coverage for acne and blemishes but a little too dry will need to mix a little of cream concealer to achieve a smoother look.

on 8/6/2013 1:11:00 PM

I use the SC-3 and I really like the colors. I can hit my undereye area and blemishes with the same compact, so it's a spacesaver in my bag. However, I'm not a fan of how dry it is. I think it emphasizes my lines. As much as I like the color, I need something creamier. I'll use it up, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 7/1/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is okay for me, at best. I like that it's dry-ish instead of creamy because it's easier for me to apply one layer and get the coverage I need, but it doesn't last long on my oily face. I gave it only one lippie for packaging because I hate LM's packaging because I can't what's in a compact without opening it. I have a pressed powder and the concealer and both compacts are identical. I have to look at the label on the back or open a compact to tell what's what. It would be nice to have a clear lid or top to be able to see the product. Also, if you stand the product upright and the button for opening the compact is on the bottom, the product opens slightly and you don't know it.