The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 9/3/2011 11:36:00 AM

LOVEEEE! This is the best lightweight conditioner! When I say lightweight, don't mistake me for saying that its not moisturizing. When I rinse of the Banana shampoo also from the Body Shop, my hair is quite tangled. You might think you need a lot of the conditioner to get all the tangles out but if you give it some time and patience to massage this all over your hair and leave it in for a minute or two, when you rinse it off it makes your hair so soft! Another thing I love about this conditioner is the fact that I can actually apply this all over my hair, without limiting it to the ends of my hair. In other words, this doesn't weigh my hair down a slight bit! After I use this along with the pairing shampoo, my hair feels clean, fluffy, and it looks so shiny:) Will definitely repurchase over and over again!

on 7/29/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I really loved the smell of this conditioner, which is why I bought it. It makes my hair pretty soft and shiny, but it doesn't untangle it like other conditioners. It also doesn't exactly leave a layer around my hair, like conditioners that I have previously used. This probably has to do with the fact that it doesn't have any silicones in it, and I really prefer silicones in my conditioners that leave a layer and prevent split ends/or make it seem as if I don't have split ends. This is why I won't be repurchasing.

If you are looking for a silicone-free conditioner with a great smell, that leaves your hair light and soft, this is for you. If you are looking to prevent split ends (like me), you might need to look further.

I used to use this when it first came out in the 80's. There are not many true banana-scented products on the market and this has always been the exception. It works well as a conditioner and leaves my hair feeling and looking soft and shiney but most of all smelling delicious. The fragrance does last for a little while too. I like the shampoo aswell and I'm glad they brought these two products back. These and the Ice Blue Shampoo.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was looking for a silicone-free conditioner because i recently started co- washing... This is a fine product, not the best I have tried (still looking for that!) but decent enough to buy again. Like most body shop products, it smells amazing. Straight from the bottle and when you first put it on your hair smells of bananas, but when you rinse it there is a WONDERFUL banana-vanilla smell lingering on your hair all day (at least if you have dry hair like me!).

on 5/18/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Banana-rama! I love this fruity conditioner, with banana puree as a second additional in ingredients list. It's so banana, more yellow than the shampoo, looks so natural and smells perfect!

The effect itself feels ordinary, that's why I give 4 stars. I don't usually use conditioner, I give it a try with Banana Conditioner, and my hair feels soft and supple. But not really upgrading something about my hair.

I love the packaging since it's 100% post-consumer recycled plastic! Love TBS!

on 5/16/2011 1:56:00 AM

Sadly, this conditioner has let me down. It smells beautiful (like fresh, ripe bananas) but it does nothing for me or my hair. It does not detangle, or moisturize my hair - if anything, I feel that I have more tangles than ever and that my hair feels quite straw-like after use. The top of my back is also breaking out, which seems to be strongly correlated to when I started using this shampoo/conditioner duo...I'm wondering if this is these products are to blame? I wish it would have worked for me, but no dice. I won't be repurchasing it.

on 5/13/2011 2:37:00 PM

I really like this conditioner. It keeps my color treated, fine hair that is slightly dry at the ends in great shape. I also love the scent. Back in the day, women used fresh bananas to condition their hair. It's still a tried and true recipe. I love that this conditioner washes out fully, never leaving any dulling residue. I also love that the fragrance lasts. It's not so much the banana scent that lingers as it is a fresh fruity note. It's not overpowering, in other words. I use this as my stand by condish and I really love the price. I bought 3 bottles for $10. You can't beat that!! However, the packaging could be improved upon. It's difficult to squeeze because the plastic bottle is not flexible. In my shower right now is a half full bottle with a big dent in it. That being said, the packaging problem isn't a concern, just a bit inconvenient. I love what's inside too much to stop using it. It's really conditioning and sold at a more than fair price.

on 8/7/2010 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meh. I bought it because it was there. It doesn't untangle my hair that well, it smells nice at the beginning...kind of a weird texture though, with that and the smell I felt i was actually spreading bananas on my hair. Just a regular conditioner, any magic.

on 7/2/2010 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Generic conditioner with a great banana fragrance and that's about it. It does nothing for my hair. My hair does not feel conditioned. Ive been using this only after swimming at the gym to use it up. Will not repurchase.

on 6/22/2010 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know if I'm "using it wrong" or something! - but I HATE this conditioner! I've stopped using conditioner for a month now and my hair looks better than it did with conditioner, (weird?), but I decided to just try this out (with the shampoo) to see if my hair would be shinier and softer - wrong - opposite result, my hair was frizzy, flyaways eeeeverywhere, very dry (blame the shampoo, too), it just didn't work for me. The consistancy of this was runny and watery, it felt as though it slipped off my hair, but I'm not too picky about that. The smell, yuck, but I'm not picky about smells, I just want the product to work, screw the smell. I don't know what to do with it now... (my hair texture is normal by the way)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products