Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 7/11/2014 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Mmm this perfume is so lovely. I first experienced CM when I was about 10, and my mum took me to London for holidays. We stayed at mums friends house, and she wore CM. There was a bottle of it perched up on her white bookcase. She smelled amazing every time she walked past. I decided to revisit CM 6 years later, and oh my. It's still amazingly beautiful. I didn't have a lot of money, so I went ahead and bought the 50mL of the EDT. It smelled lovely, but a lot lighter than the EDP. The staying power wasn't very good though, and I was very upset, as it cost me $130AUD. I got a sample of the EDP, and I prefer that over the EDT. I am planning on buying 100mL of the EDP tomorrow. It costs $234AUD but it's totally worth it! On my skin, CM slowly turns into a buttery, sophisticated masterpiece, and it lasts forever. This perfume will forever be a favourite of mine <3

I don't want to like this. I identify with Bois des Iles (though I don't own a full bottle) and for many years I wore no.19. Im earthy. Im rock n' roll. I'm a feminist. I teach yoga. My favourite sounds are Coltrane and Thelonious. I'm well educated. But this! This is sweet, and fruity, and all the twenty-somethings love it and it has that pouty princess Keira as its face and she is so not me and it may as well be more popular than no.5. I am NOT the catchment for this cash cow. But I went and bought it because I couldn't not. And I wore it- in EDP- and it seemed so gorgeous and lasted well on me with my only misgiving (apart from the many touted above) being that there was this moment when I put it on of fake nails on a shiny pink toffee blackboard that led me to believe it was in fact all those things I didn't want to be associated with. And so I sold it on eBay, to raise some new-season-frock-funds you see. But then when it sold, I realised that I had to use said funds to buy the bloody thing again because I missed it so!
I didn't re-buy the EDP, I bought the pure parfum. Just a tiny bottle so I could dab it on and maybe salvage some of my dignity while I head off down the street smelling like everybody else. This way I get all the benefit of this lovely stinky babe who is now a good friend of mine, but I don't subject everyone else to her as you would have noticed there are many who think she's a bit too flash. I have noticed that the parfum is, in the splash bottle, beautifully soft and even in the spray tester of the same concentration it lacks the fake fingernail assault and instead shoots me straight through to what coco mademoiselle really is- and now is where I lose the capacity to be articulate- yummy girl-woman wafty goodness.
Love the stuff and I will probably buy a bigger size when I run out, which I'm pretty sure to do soon.
(And Im still gonna get me some Bois des Iles pure parfum if I'm ever in Paris)

on 7/4/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My favorite perfume i got it as a gift. It smells really nice. I always get compliments when i wear it.love it!!!!

One of my favourites!!

Chance Eu Tendre is my top chanel fav, this is close in 2nd. Can be kind of overly mature and musky at times, but if used lightly it's great and long lasting. Reminds of a tulip garden mixed with musky, rosey, spivey notes.

on 5/29/2014 12:51:00 AM

Honestly I never make reviews about products.. I had seen such amazing reviews for this perfume and being so stupid I just took their word for it and order this online. One of the stupidest things I've ever done. I understand we all have different taste in smells but to me this smells like an older lady. My sister told me I smelled like a grandma........lol I'm now using the flowerbomb that one is so sweet and girly. Way better than this

on 5/28/2014 10:39:00 PM

I knew this was a favourite on MUA so when I saw the tester bottle at the beauty boutique at Shoppers I just spritzed some of the EDT on my wrist and went about my shopping, and driving to different stores, running errands. I kept thinking, what is that god awful dryer sheet, bathroom deodorant, old fart smell invading my nostrils everywhere I go? I felt lightheaded and nauseated. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was coming from me! From my wrist. With Chanel Mademoiselle on it. And nothing else. I'm sure for the right chemistry it would be amazing. But I'm about to get sick. I'm going to wash it off right now but decided to swing by MUA on my way to the bathroom. I'm no hater but this is the worst scent I've ever had on in my life.
UPDATE: I've washed my entire arms 4 times with different soaps, and it's still there as strong as ever - it keeps wafting into my nose and ruining my mood and making me sick. In sheer desperation I even tried soaking my arm in mouthwash! Then I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol - that seemed to make it worse. Whaa?? I can't get my favourite scents to last more than 30 minutes on me, and this one is clinging like a cheap dress! I now TOTALLY understand what people who have sensitivities to scents feel like - make it stop!!

on 5/22/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

luv it

on 5/11/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find it very strong on everybody but on some people it is just intoxicating. A masterpiece if it suits your skin.

Absolutely love it, always have in my closet

Popular Fragrances