Eucerin Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

4.4

Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

on 4/2/2011 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to intense moisturizer. Great for winter chapped hands. I even use it on my chapped lips before bed.

I use it most often to treat scabs from healing blemishes. Just a little dab heals scabby peeling spots almost instantly with no irritation.

This is a little heavy to use as a moisturizer on my oily, blemish-prone face, but I use it often when I'm windburned or sunburned to soothe and reduce peeling.

I work in healthcare and often recommend this for my patient's healing (but not open and bleeding) scabs & scars. I find that it helps heal the scabs properly - moisturizes them so they stay in place until the fresh skin underneath can heal - rather than allowing the scabs to dry up and fall off, which leaves raw fragile skin underneath.
I also recommend that it be used on fairly fresh post-surgical scars to massage and mobilize them, which helps them heal flat, more flexible, and become more aligned with the normal surrounding skin. In my experience, Eucerin cream heals so much better than anything else I've tried.

on 3/3/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is a decent moisturizing cream, but it is WAY too thick and sticky, it's like applying paste. You have to work to rub it in. I much prefer Aquaphor.

on 2/10/2011 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG. I have extremely dry, sensitive, reactive skin and this is the only moisturizer I can use without redness or irritation. As others have noted, it is very thick, which takes some getting used to. I've been using it for years; I used to be a competitive swimmer, any of you who swim know what chlorine does to your skin. I put it on at night after washing my face and by the morning its sunk in and my face actually feels comforted, even more than with Clinique redness solutions or Avene products... (and trust me, I've been searching for the perfect skincare routine for years.) Hope this helps!

on 2/7/2011 9:31:00 AM

I've bought this over and over. I have several jars around the house year around. I put this on everyday. It's a lot of work, hard to spread! I hate having to put it on everyday, HATE it, but it WORKS! After a shower each morning I slather it all over and rub and rub. The whole day I have baby soft skin and it feels like it did when I was twenty again. I use it on my lips, on my hands several times a day, even around my eyes lightly, nothing compares. I get compliments EVERYtime someone touches my hands, arms, face or legs. I have seen friends take their socks off and dry flaky skin just flies! I have seen women wear sandals at work with thick calloused feet and white from being dry. I tell them about this product. My feet are as soft and pretty as my hands. It's a wonder product that works perfectly if your dedicated and can stand the monotonous routine each morning of spreading this stuff!

on 2/1/2011 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It is a very good moisturizer, but its very, very greasy. I would not buy it again beacuse of that.

on 1/30/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This lotion is very very very thick. It is so hard to rub into your skin but otherwise this cream is very moisturizing. It is so good for your skin especially if you always have dry skin. Although sometime I feel its a pain to use it does wonders. Would definitely buy this again.

Warning: This is very, very, very thick. It's hard to get on. It does moisturize well once on, but I feel like it's just as good as my Olay body lotion, which is much easier to apply. On the bright side, it doesn't have a smell really, so it's good for people who are sensitive to scents. But my Olay Advanced Healing Lotion doesn't either. xP

EDIT: I tried again and decided it moisturizes much better than my Olay, it really seal in the moisture, but it's still too hard to put on. I might do it like once a week.

on 12/23/2010 7:04:00 PM

whaat the helllll. after diligently reading reviews about a safe facial cream, i went for this. safe? probably. efficient? no.
i feel like im trying to put tar onto my face. this is seriously a solid. i dont think its good to be rough with your skin, especially on your face.
pros:
probably moisturizes well
leaves somewhat of a glow on my face (but my face is really dry)
cons:
impossible to rub on without hurting urself
i got some huge zits and pimples because of this. not surprising as i dont see how my skin is breathing at all after putting this on.

fail. i guess ill use it for my body...?? but even then i prefer a lotion that glides on, not something i have to force on.

EDIT: returned this @ target.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just wanted to write and say how much we love the moisturizing cream. It's the only lotion i use on myself because it moisturizes and it doesn't cause me to break out in a rash. Just wanted to say I love it! Thanks!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this!?! This is a family HG product. My mother has severely dry, eczema prone skin, this works beautifully for her. I have normal skin that is slightly dry in the winter and prone to dry patches here and there during the rest of the season. My skin can also clog or break out if I use the wrong product. I have slightly sensitive skin. This works amazingly for the both of us, it's great. When I epilate my skin I use this afterwords because I feel it minimizes irritation. It isn't expensive and a tub lasts a year or so in our household. I don't see any fragrance in the ingredients list, it's very suitable for sensitive skin.

This is what the product claims:
For very dry skin
Suitable for eczema
Creates a seal that protects skin impaired by atopic dermatits, diabetes and psoriasis
Can be used on children
Enhances the absorption of topical medications

Ingredients: Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone