Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 11/6/2014 5:28:00 PM

I've been running down the list of expensive foundations because drug store brands never match my pale skin, and I had been using Revlon ColorStay for a few years by adding a little white to it, but recently it hadn't been lasting more than a few hours on my skin. On top of being pale, I also have oily skin - yay me. So I always look for long wear foundations, I had bought Estee Lauder and Bobbie Brown before this one and didn't care for either. So decided to try the Lancôme next, and OMG. I'm in love. It's not a perfect match, I still have to add a little white to it, but the texture is so amazing and it looks so great on my skin, I'm willing to deal!! Some long wear foundations tends to have a texture like paint, but this stuff is really blendable and covers great while not feeling cakey and heavy. Love it!

on 11/3/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I just bought this product yesterday and so far I'm really enjoying it. I used it for a full day for the first time today and it held really nicely. It kept my skin from looking shiny from about 7am to 4pm and it covered pretty well. Medium coverage. Nice product! Defiaantly my new HG

on 10/30/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Color: 460 Suede (W)

I purchased this after reading many good reviews on it. Its a medium coverage creamy foundation. The color perfectly matches with my yellow undertones. I know the colors doesn't work for everyone. What I like about this is the packaging. It comes in a glass cuboid shaped bottle with a pump that extracts the correct amount of foundation without pumping out too much at once. Since you don't need to open the container to use it, air and bacteria will stay out. .

This foundation was great in the summer and early fall but now the weather is getting colder and I will need to find something that's a fuller coverage and more moisturizing. Other than that, this foundation is great for the spring and summer.

on 10/28/2014 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is beautiful on the skin, dosen't get oily or greasy or rub off and has a great matte finish. But I wouldn't say it builds up to full coverage. There is definitely a build able coverage to a medium but that's it. For me personally I would have to go with something with more coverage but for mild acne this could work!

on 10/28/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Lancome describes this as full coverage and velvety matte finish. It seemed ideal for my skin type which is oily to combination, some texture problems and hyperpigmentation.

It was medium coverage with a satin matte finish on me. I suppose coverage is relative to what you need covered, but I couldn't help being disappointed.

Despite Lancomes attempts to be inclusive by offering so many shades, I found that in terms of undertone, they're very cool and neutral for my warm yellow needs. I went grey if I didn't use a powder to warm my skin back up. Spending this much on foundation, you want it to be able to stand alone.

After trying to make it work for 2 weeks, I returned it.

on 10/28/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I love the texture of this foundation and the finish that gives on my skin. This is the sole reason that I purchased this foundation. Unfortunately, the colour selection with any cosmetic company is quite limited for those in the mid to darker tones. I chose the 410 Bisque W (closest to my skin) as the next shade available to me (460) was too dark. I am able to adjust the colour of the foundation using my Face Atelier 0+, but this is far too much work for me in the morning. I do not have oily skin, however I do like a matte finish. In order not to look dry while using this foundation, I apply the MAC prep and prime primer with the gold tint and the Make Up Forever HD Elixir. My skin stays moist while maintaining that matte finish. If you do not use a hydrating primer (if you have normal to dry skin), you will find this foundation too matte. As a reference, I currently use MUFE Mat Velvet, MUFE HD, Face Atelier 08 and MAC Matchmaster in 5.0. I love foundations, so I like to have multiple ones on hand :)
I will not repurchase this foundation due to the lack of colour selection for mid range skin tones on the warmer side of the spectrum.

on 10/27/2014 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I did not like it at all. I have oily skin and it appears my face looks more oilier with this foundation. I prefer Revlon and estee lauder.

on 10/24/2014 10:44:00 AM

I got a sample of this and I have it on, first I didn't realize how matte it is. Which is okay sord of because I get super oily. I have my make up on from 6am til about 5pm and I don't touch it up. This is my first long wear foundation. I did use the primer the sales associate told me to use but I noticed this foundation gives me dry patches. It also gives me a white cast when using a flash on my camera. I probably won't be purchasing a full size of this, and I am still on the hunt for that everyday foundation :-( super sad wanted to love this!

on 10/9/2014 6:00:00 PM

This stuff is simply marvellous! I have combination, somewhat acne prone skin that loves to oxidize everything on my face. The coverage on this is wonderful, doesn't break up on my skin nor does it oxidize and it just makes my skin look so smooth! It also holds up excellent on my oily areas which is rare. I also really do like their extensive color selection, especially for the darker skinned ladies!

on 10/2/2014 2:15:00 PM

I may be reviewing a little too soon...I have had this product for less than a week. I was looking for a non-comedogenic product I could use. I went to Sephora and they did a skin ID on me and brought over 4 products that matched my skin tone and were non-comedogenic. I liked the way it made my pores and skin look burred and hid them. I did notice that it didn't give me the coverage I wanted over my healing pimples. I get hyperpigmentation and it wasn't covering well, but I kind of left it alone because I thought it was medium coverage and also because it was one of the worst breakouts I have had so I brushed it off. The consultant at Sephora finished me off with a contour powder and my color blush I have from there. After I did everything on my own the next few days I was kind of bummed out. My face color matched, but my face looked flat and ashy colored, like a weird grey hue, not obvious, but this foundation didn't quite make my skin look radiant. I used to wear a natural/dewy finish and I was willing to try all kinds of products. I normally do like matte products as well, but this made me look flat- I don't know how else to explain it. I thought I was crazy about the ashy tone but after reading other reviews they have said the same. Sigh. I think I will need to continue my hunt. Its a shame because I was wearing a $6 Maybelline Clean foundation but the color wasn't just right and it didn't come in my shade so I needed to give it up. Bummer. I would say that this rating is a 3 overall. The price is high but not bad. I am bummed it says full coverage, because it doesn't seem that to me. Again, I could see my red marks and needed to conceal. The packaging was nice and I love the pump. You can press a little or a lot and get just the right amount. This is a dry foundation so I haven't had any oil issues. It is hard to take off, and I think it has staying power. It DOES transfer...it got on my white work shirt when it rubbed my neck. I wouldn't say it provides hydration by any means, but didn't exactly dry me out. HTH!

Video Reviews & Tutorials