Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this at a CVS for 75% off (total was $2.15) so I was very excited to try this after all the wonderful positive reviews! The first time I tried it, it was AMAZING! I applied it over my NYX beauty balm and it set well. I really loved the way my skin looked so smooth and almost perfect! The powder is so fine so it applies well and it actually filled some big pores that I have so that's a huge plus! The smell doesn't bother me like other reviews I've seen. It generally disappears after 15 seconds or so. Sadly, after a few uses my face reacted horribly and developed cystic acne. I was in denial because I was in love with this powder! Turns out it actually was the talc in powder :-( even after my harsh skin reaction I applied the powder one last time and it blurred my acne and my face looked magnificent lol but I had to discontinue using it. I'm sad! It's not the products fault, I just have ultra sensitive acne prone skin and talc is like skin suicide for me :-( this is a great product it's just not for my skin unfortunately so ill had it off to my sister who was blessed with good skin. I like this powder ALOT it just affects me negatively.

on 1/29/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

tis powder is really good. after I wear foundation or concealer I use it to set the look. It is the last step and works for me. You should try it.

on 1/29/2014 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This can get pretty expensive if you're not in the US, I live in the UK and get it from Fishpond with free shipping so it is a similar price to many drugstore powders here - but with TONS more product, so I don't mind that too much! This is my HG face powder, I love the smell, the way the finely milled powder blends seamlessly on my face, I will continue to buy this for as long as possible!

on 1/27/2014 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Im on the fence with this product. After searching high and low, i found it at only ONE Walmart store in Orlando. Pain! It cost $5.47. Weird price. First off, since everyone's complaining about the "old lady smell"... ummm no such thing. It has a beautiful fragrance which i think would be lovely in all the face powders on the market. The fragrance goes away about 3 seconds after you put it on the face. So i really don't see what the big hoopla is with people complaining about the smell. Anway, the powder doesn't add any color and it's very very fine. I have worn it over liquid foundation only so far. If you're not careful, you definitely CAN overapply. It makes the face smooth looking although i still have to blot a few times during the day because it does not keep the shine away. It does seem to be more creamy than absorbent so 1 lippie off for that. At the end of the day, you DO feel it on your face so one more lippie off for that. Overall, this powder is just ok... nothing special. And you do get a lot of product. The container is plastic and the sifter is just fine... dispenses just the right amount with a few taps on the back of it. I'm going to try it over just moisturizer (bare face no foundation) and see how it behaves. Will update

on 1/21/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To start I got this product in translucent, also I got it based on the fact that Tati on YouTube recommended it, as well as the fact that it was 75 percent off at cvs making the price unbelievable. And I LOVE it. Theres so much product and it sets my makeup beautifully. I bought two because the price was so great and im really glad that I did. The smell is a bit outdated in the fact that it smells like my grandmother, but honestly for me theres nothing wrong that. I stayed matte and flawless for hours. I wish I could bathe in this stuff I love it so much. I just threw away the powder puff that came with it, and the packaging is alittle messy but I can live with it. I hope yall can go out and get it while its still on sale at cvs!

on 1/5/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Loved everything about this powder... Except it broke me out really bad. Only reason I wouldn't repurchase though! My skin looked awesome after using this to set my foundation and it kept my oily skin matte--a miracle! Sadly, I retuned it since it didn't work for me. If you aren't acne-prone, though, I would highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A true classic that really works and is a great value too. This smooths your pores out to perfection and keeps skin matte. Makeup stays on longer. Smells lovely, a nostalgic smell for me. Many in my family wore this for years. A product that's been around this long can't be wrong. You can also use it to refill compacts, by pressing it into the tray mixed with alcohol. Less messy for travel and touch ups.

on 12/30/2013 6:32:00 AM

This powder leaves a lovely matte finish on the skin without looking too cakey, great for all over the face and for setting undereye concealer. The scent can be a bit off putting, the rose scent is pretty strong however it wears off within 2 minutes of wearing it. The packaging is bulky and not travel friendly and can get messy if you're not careful. Over the sifter sticker, poke through only a couple of the sifter holes, this will reduce flow of the product through the holes and reduces any messiness. This powder is fairly priced at $2.99-$3.99 depending on where purchased. Definitely worth a try for the price.

on 12/27/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this when I saw them on sale at CVS for $1.29. I remember this stuff when my Nana used it all the time. The smell is nostalgic, but I know a lot of people don't like it. It is a great setting powder and so cheap. The container is HUGE. This sets my foundation so well with no cakey look. The smell everyone complains about doesn't bother me and it does go away pretty fast. It smells like an older rose perfume from the 40's.

There are a few colors and I picked up the two that were left, Rosey Beige and Light. They both have no color really, but blend with the skin and look flawless.

on 12/27/2013 10:23:00 AM

I bought this powder because I was in need of a translucent powder as I had lost my regular. I had heard about this and decided to give it a try. I bought the lightest translucent and even with my pretty light skin tone you have to go easy on this or you will look pasty. The texture and the coverage is wonderful but the SMELL is aweful. I admit I have allergies but this has a lot of fragrence to it and if I'm having a bad allergy day I cannot use it.

The packaging also is tricky you have to be careful opening it or it will go in all directions. I ended up using an old antique powder dish and I also have a traveling powder brush that I also filled. It works great for that. But like what I've said about some of Wet and Wilds packaging your paying such a great price for a great product and the company has to cut costs somewhere and packaging is it.

Overall yep I will use this going forward and will look for one of the toned powders. It won't always be my go to but if I need a matte finish or a quick shine fix I'll use it.