MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 3/12/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not a fan of this, I find it very drying for my 43 year old under eyes, even after putting a lot of moisturising product on, also got matched in the wrong shade, it inhances my dark under eyes after 5 mins, I've tried to work with it in different ways as I don't want it to go to waste as the price ain't cheap!! It is long wearing though, I got nw25 and its a lot darker than the studio finish concealor in the same shade

on 3/10/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great, high coverage, very liquid-y concealer. Creases slightly. For the price, you get a lot of product. My only complaint is the packaging is horrible! It is nearly impossible to get this concealer out of the pump without making a mess. The little pump gets clogged and then you have no control over how much product come out and it is always wasting product.

on 3/9/2015 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this concealer , it's one of the only concealers that doesn't crease under my eyes and that is light , but yet stays on ALL day .

I wasn't really open to getting this concealer at first because I was in love with my " Mac studio finish concealer " and I had a steady face routine , that I was use to doing and didn't wanna change . ( I still love my " Mac studio finish concealer " because it's super natural looking and is great for the summer because of it's High SPF ... BUT I get more creases with it . And I have to use a really good primer if I don't want no creases , which is money consuming because I go out or do something every day whether it's to class , work or just chilling with some friends . ) I officially decided to try the " Mac Prolong wear Concealer " because of it's big rave and also everybody kept saying it's like a high end version to the " La Pro girl concealer " which I'm a BIG FAN of! So I tried it , & set it with my Ben nye banana powder and loved it! I got no creases after a 7 hour wear . I even slept one time with it on and it still looked good when I woke up , I don't get as oily as I use to get either ( but the Ben nye banana powder also helps with that since it's a oil consuming powder . )

The Pros about this product is that ...

it's liquidly but sets matte WITHOUT looking matte .

Stays on all day.

It comes with a pump .

You don't need to touch up.

If worn without a primer it's still long lasting .

Great for highlighting .

No flashback when taking pictures .

Perfect concealer for a night out or a long day .

Easy blending .

Light on the face & doesn't feel heavy .

The Cons about this product is ...

It sets really fast , I recommend doing sections at a time or fast blending .

The pump isn't really controllable you either get too much or not enough .

No SPF .

It's harder to wash off the face then normal concealers/Foundations because it locks on the skin .

You have to moisturize your face real good before using this product if you are dry skin . ( I'm oily combination and when I use this I don't get oily so I assume it would be a little drying for dry skin types after awhile . )

Extra .
I'm kind of a Mac girl so I do use their foundation and concealers My highlighting shades are NC30 and my foundation shade is NC40-NC35 . I would also like to point out that The " Mac ProLong Wear concealers " in the NC Section aren't as yellow as Mac's other Concealer/Foundation in the NC Section, it's a little more between neutral and yellow . And the shades attend to be a little lighter .
My favourite way of blending this concealer out is with a Beauty blender or a Typical painter style foundation brush .

Rate .
This product is around $22 . It's def worth the money IF they make the pump more adjustable because I end up wasting some concealer or end up not getting enough and then I try doing a extra HALF pump and get too much . Overall it's a great concealer . I give it 4.5/5 for the product it's self and a 3/5 for the container/pump . And ofcourse I would repurchase this product! :)

on 3/9/2015 11:25:00 AM

Moisturizes my dry skin, coverage is good, very pleased with it!

I reallllyyyy like this product ! It has nice coverage and highlights under the eye really well! And lasts all day. The only thing I don't like is its kind of like a sticky texture (but I guess that is what makes it last a long time LOL )? and the pump disperses way too much product! I only need very little concealer cause with this product seriously a little bit goes a LONG way ! and its impossible to get only a little bit out. Really the only bad thing I have to say about the product! I will be repurchasing.. and will try and find a solution to the problem.. Have a great day ladies ! hope this is able to help someone!

on 3/2/2015 5:00:00 PM

The coverage on this is great, and the color is spot on for me, but it's so bad for my dry skin. My face is normal/dry, but no matter how much i exfoliate or moisturize anywhere I put this concealer turns dry and patchy within a couple hours and looks like a mess. On top of that, since a little goes such a long way with this product, the pump definitely needs to be redesigned. It's so hard to control and I almost always end up with way more than I need. I've heard of people using two pumps of this concealer for the whole face as a full coverage foundation (which I would never do, but not that much concealer should be dispersed in two pumps). At $20 a bottle for a product that's probably spent more time getting the excess wiped off the back of my hand than applied to my face, I could definitely live without this.

on 3/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Coverage: FABTASTIC

Likes: coverage, colour match (I use a golden shade under my eyes and I look so awake!!)

Dislikes: cause raging acne!!! I now can only use this under my eyes. No good for spots except in emergencies!! Also the pump gives a lot of product! Didn't last more than a couple months and I didn't really use much.

Do not use to cover spots on a daily basis.

on 2/28/2015 9:54:00 AM

Overall I can say that it is a good concealer that provides good coverage and is easily spreadable. However, the pump is really annoying, as a lot of the liquid comes out every time you use it, although little is needed. As I probably bought the lightest shade (NW15), I don't really use this concealer to cover imperfections but rather as a highlighter under my eyes.

on 2/27/2015 9:22:00 PM

I really like this concealer, however I don't like the price. I live in New Zealand and have to pay nearly $50. I have acne prone skin, and this breaks me out if used anywhere other than my undereye area. You'll be sure to get a perfect colour match, this blends out well and doesn't crease. Provides really good coverage :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Way too much comes out and it dries out my under eye like crazy. I've tried EVERY possible way of using it too make it look more natural and moisturized but it just doesn't work for me. I could find something better for a quarter of the price at the drugstore

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue