Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

4.3

on 11/6/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

great pigmentation, nice lasting power (darker shades leave a gorgeous stain!) however I hate the formula! As has already been mentioned the packaging sucks, I hate how the bullets dont go down all the way but my biggest gripe is that these lipsticks are wayy too thick and even when I've applied lip balm beforehand I feel like they drag across my lips and feel heavy on my lips afterwards.

I purchased 4 shades (bare it all, sugar plum fairy, cherry bomb, cherry picking). Cherry bomb looks ok as a stain but looks WAY too gothic on me when worn full on, again I like sugar plum fairy as a stain but when worn full on it looks a bit flat on me. I like the other two shades however I'll likely look for a dupe in another brand instead of repurchasing.

on 11/6/2014 1:47:00 PM

I love the bare it all lipstick. The color is great and is actually a nude that works with my pale skin. It's moisturizing, too.

on 11/2/2014 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am an Asian with NC 37-42 skin on MAC SFF with pigmented and two toned lips, my upper lip is darker than the lower one. I live in Indonesia, bought these lipstick online for Rp 58.000 each (about US $5). I own 5 colors;
- Bare it All: a perfect nude lipstick for me since it's nude enough but doesn't wash me out.
- Think Pink: a pale pink lipstick for me. For someone with similar skin color, you need to be careful wearing this alone. On me, it looks really stand out (maybe because of my big lips), neon-y but pale at the same time if that makes sense. I usually use my Vaseline petroleum jelly before I put my lipstick on, but not for this one and Pinkerbell cause it makes it patchy and uneven. Just ugly. Luckily it doesn't make my lips dry.
- Pinkerbell: a perfect pink lipstick. But not for people who don't like getting attention.
- Don't Blink Pink: a perfect babrie pink lipstick. The color and the texture is perfect for and to me.
- Cherry Bomb: a dark burgundy lipstick. I just LOVE this color. I feel daring and bold but beautiful at the same time whenever I put this on. Just LOVE it. I think this color will work for every skin tone. The texture is also perfect for and to me. I usually wear this alone or mix it with Bare it All and it will give me a mauve-y MLBB color (I put 2-3 layers of Bare It All on both lips then put 1 thin layer of Cherry Bomb on one of my lips then smack them on).

I WILL repurchase and buy more colors of this lipstick.

Update
12/11/2014
I just got new shades;
Stoplight Red: Very creamy, bright red lipstick with blue tone. People say it's a dupe for Ruby Woo, but I'd say this is a little more pink, Ruby Woo is a little more neutral, at least on my skin. And this one is a little lighter than Ruby Woo. I think I'm still gonna buy Ruby Woo (bought this hoping to be the real dupe of Ruby Woo).

Carrot Gold: I LOVE this color. Looks really good. True orange color. I don't like most orange lipstick cause they're too dark for my liking, but this one is the true orange.

on 10/20/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I loooove these lipsticks. I was always a fan of DS lippies. I see no real need to go buy a higher end lipstick unless the color is absolutely unique and beautiful and I must have it.

But for some reason I avoided these. Until one day I bought it on a whim and suggestion of a friend. I went back and bought them all. I have every color. And there are soooooooo many Mac dupes! And the best is they're matte. I hate glossy lipsticks, I like to add gloss from time to time, but I prefer matte.

They can be very drying. So what I do is exfoliate my lips with sugar and coconut oil, prior to makeup application. And then I put lip balm and start my face. Following these steps is sooooo necessary, otherwise your lips will look crusty.

There's a reason why this has sooo many great reviews. Colors are absolutely gorgeous and pigmented! I can't believe I've been missing out for so long. Run out and buy this!

on 10/16/2014 9:38:00 AM

I have 12 of these. TWELVE. I kind of went a little crazy during a Rite Aid BOGO...

They are (in no particular order, though I will star my absolute favorites):

Urban Night
Bordeaux Boulevard **
Ravin Raisin
Sugar Plum Fairy **
Bare It All

Only one of these is an all-out dud for me, and that's Mocha-licious, and that's just because the color doesn't work with my complexion. I have found that the darker and brighter shades are of slightly better quality: i.e. they don't have the patchiness the lighter/nud-er ones can have. The 3 I have from the limited edition fall collection are ALSO of a slightly better quality, as they seem to have a different formulation (these are: Sweet Cream, Urban Night, and Bordeaux Boulevard -- my absolute FAVE, you need that one!! They also come in the matte black tube), so I recommend picking those up while they're still available.

Other than that, I don't have any real comments on the actual colors since you'll have to decide what you like and works for you. I'm really impressed with the risks WnW took with some of these shades. They really took current trends into consideration and formulated a line with interesting colors at an insanely great price. Do I think the Mega Last lipsticks are of the highest quality? No. They can be uncomfortable to wear, are drying, and like I said - some individual shades aren't as great as the others. BUT. They're definitely on par with a lot of pricier drugstore products. I will wear these all, and have been having a blast collecting them without breaking the bank. You can get a bunch and probably find at least one you can't live without!

(Seriously. I have twelve of them...)

on 10/16/2014 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

In looooove with these lipsticks! My absolute faves are Wine Room and Bare it All :].
Stoplight Red is a perfect red - makes your teeth appear whiter!
They're extremely affordable. The packaging is the only con I can think of for these honestly.
The pigmentation of these lipsticks are exactly how they are in the sticker colors.
I must say that the colors can be hard to find, but I found many colors at my local Walgreens.

Tip: I recommend (as others have previously said) to dab on the lipstick if you don't want its true color.
It's under 2 bucks, try it!

on 10/15/2014 7:59:00 PM

I absolutely love these lippies! I bought them for .69 cents (on sale of course) at Walgreens but I believe they are normally 1.50-1.99. Either way, very affordable! The ONLY problem I have with them is they can be drying...after a few hours ;) not bad. I do exfoliate and moisturize my lips before applying to try and avoid drying as long as possible. It does come off on drinks or food very easily but most of it will stay on your lips. Throughout my 9 hour work day I will reapply at least once, maybe twice. Still, I love! My favorite is Mauve outta here. Very beautiful and pigmented color. They are all nicely pigmented and absolutely beautiful, true to color.

on 10/10/2014 4:39:00 PM

EASY TRICK TO KEEP LID ON ---> Love the lipstick and hate the container? Simply put a layer of scotch tape around the inside of the lid. Align the tape so it doesn't have to fold over the edge of the tube. Your Mega Last will stay closed like a dream!

This lipstick is A-MAZING!!! I have been obsessing over finding the perfect everyday "nude" lip color but everything was always too pale, too brown or too pink. Or if I found a shade I liked the product itself was terrible...too sticky, too drying or just gone after 5 minutes. Seriously... I have tried probably hundreds of lip products. And then I found Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipsticks!!! Of course the one I'm most excited about is "bare it all" because it is the PERFECT nude lipstick but I also bought several others and I love them all!!! They are amazingly pigmented and last hours without making lips feel too dry. And they're $1.99!!! Seriously... Don't bother with any other lipstick. This is officially the best!

Popular Lipsticks