Rimmel Moisture Renew - Vintage Pink

4.3

Active: Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (7.5%), ethylhexyl salicylate (2%)

on 9/25/2011 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had seen a few rave reviews on YT about this lipstick so I was curious. I picked mine up at WalMart and didn't actually use it right away. When I did (several days later), I was a little put off by what seemed to be an intense hue that was more purple than pink. Nonetheless I wore it to work that day, and as the day went on, I noticed that my lips were feeling very moisturized and that the lipstick wears down to a more muted pinkish lavender color. I really like what it becomes as you wear it, although right away? Eh. But I just blot it on a tissue and it's great. I'd definitely repurchase when I run out. For maximum hydration, I wear my Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey lip balm underneath it. This also helps mute the color.

on 9/20/2011 3:33:00 PM

My fave !!!! Totally HG until the next one! Refreshing & moisturing this instantly brightens up the face & looks beautiful especially on fair-medium skin tones . add kohl to the eyes & a little peachy-pinky blush & voilą! Natural beauty! Highly recommended if you're looking for a natural looking lipcolour with pink tones but not grayish nude, price is a bit high but you get a beautiful colour that lasts for months on daily application , this lippie has pushed all my others out of my essentials makeup case!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love rimmel's moisture renew line. They're always smooth and moisturizing. I've never had problems with these lipsticks drying out my lips. This color comes out to a cool toned pink/purple on my lips. Love wearing this when I'm wearing a simple neutral eye. Def will repurchase :)

on 8/1/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Moisture renew is a better formula (it's more comfortable) then the lasting finish formula by Rimmel which is on the dry side. I do enjoy the feel of this lipstick and find it's moisturizes my dry lips nicely. I'm confused of the color name. I wouldn't call this "vintage pink" it's more of a cool toned bright mauve. I look best with cool toned lip colors so this color is absoutely fabulous on me. I would most likely repurchase this lipstick.

on 7/29/2011 5:02:00 PM

A good quality lipstick, but as noted by other reviewers, it's more of a purplish hue than the name implies. I find that it looks a bit much for day use unless I blot it, since it's very pigmented.

on 7/10/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I wanted to love this as when i swatched it on at the store, it looked great! But the purple/pink shade on my lips doesn't really work (my lips are naturally quite pink and i have a yellow based skin tone). Theres nothing wrong with the formulation (though i prefer the lasting finish range by Rimmel better) but i don't love the colour. The only way i wear this is when combining it with another lipstick colour (Clinique's 'Extreme Pink').

on 6/19/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have repurchased this lipstick a few times now as I just love it. Its a lovely purply pinky colour and I love how it just makes my lips look. Its very moisturing and you dont need much. Also it doesnt bleed at all. Its a lovely colour, my fave day to day lipstick. I have many lipsticks, and always try new ones, but find myself reaching for this all the time

on 6/14/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have a dark skin and this colour didn't work on my skin tone. The colour on my lips looked garish although the swatch on my hand at the store looked good! I wear this over Rimmel's Brazilian lipstick to reduce the garishness and to get a pinkish mauve colour - problem solved! This lippie is extremely moisturising and I don't care about the packaging given how inexpensive this is!

on 6/2/2011 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This is a nice go-to neutral shade. It is moisturizing. You really don't need much and it doesn't bleed. I like this with a dramatic eye and just a bit of this on the lips. Perfect.

on 5/16/2011 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

One of my HG lipsticks! So far everyone I have tried this on looks good in it! The color is pretty unique in my opinion. It's like a medium pink with a berry undertone and in some light it almost looks like there's some purple. It's super moisturizing and pretty long lasting. It lasts me about 4-5 hours before I have to touch it up just a bit which is pretty great considering it's not a matte formula. The packaging is also really cute, and you can't beat the price. This is can work on many different skintones. Recommend :)

Popular Lipsticks