The Body Shop Body Butter Shea

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

on 3/25/2013 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have re-purchased this product several times. It is my favorite body butter. It makes my skin smooth and supple. The scent is soft and doesn't clash with my perfume (Chanel Coco and Chanel Allure Sensuelle), it actually compliments it. I purchase a few of these online when they have a sale, either in the regular sized tub or the jumbo tub (depending on sale prices). This butter is thick, not heavy, but thick. It is great for fall/winter, and I love to use it before bed. The only other butter I use is The Body Shop Satsuma, which smells like oranges, and I use this when it is really hot/humid as it has a lighter texture (or in the morning for a quick pick-me-up).
Also, I have sensitive skin, and this butter has not caused irritation or body break-outs.

on 3/25/2013 1:14:00 AM

I received this product as a gift in both in 2006 and in 2013. In 2006. I thought the 2006 product smelled fake and a didn't moisturize all that well. The 2013 version smelled good and the body butter version moisturized better. The 2013 version actually cracked when I attempted to spread it, as you would expect fro Shea body butter. I use it on my feet and hands. I would repurchase assuming the Body Shop would not re-formulate.

on 3/20/2013 11:34:00 PM

This is pricey (20$CDN on regular price) but for 196g, you can use it daily for at least a month. So far, i like the smell, its easy to spread but the moisturizing effect are still not enough for our canadian winter (high heating, so very dry). i find myself needing to apply a generous amount on a daily basis for the skin not to be flaky, which is a bit annoying (yes i am looking for a product that will "improve" the moisture level of my skin over time, becoming less dependant on a moisturizer)... would not repurchase.

on 3/10/2013 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm such a fan of TBS body butters. They're so moisturizing but don't leave my skin sticky or oily. This one in particular has a very nice scent but at the same time it's very neutral, so it's good for those who are picky about scents.

on 1/19/2013 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My go to for winter skin.

Plus I have eczema, so that goes to say a lot.

on 1/19/2013 1:39:00 AM

I've been using it for years now. I use alot of other body butters but i can say this is my staple. I love that the scent lingers but its not too overpowering. It keeps my skin hydrated too for a long time. I will keep buying this product.

on 1/13/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this bodybutter! It's very moisturizing and the smell is heavenly. It's a light, nutty scent. When you put the butter on it melts on your skin, so you do not need a lot of the product. It's my favorite of all body butters and it does good stuff for my very dry skin in winter!

on 12/7/2012 10:43:00 AM

I am completely obsessed with the scent of this body butter. It smells like the cleanest, warmest, most perfect thing you can put on your body. I am a perfume whore and where different scents nearly every day and haven't run into anything that I couldn't wear this body butter under.

I originally purchased this for my pregnant tummy and it is doing a great job of moisturizing and keeping the itchies away. I can't speak to any stretch mark miracles because I am only five months in and have been moisturizing like crazy so nothing yet, but I don't know what is in store for me. However, this body butter feels incredible and my skin hasn't felt taught at all.

on 12/6/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Expensive, but you can get these on various sales or at Marshalls/TJ Maxx if you live in the USA for super cheap ($6). This one smells nice. It's very lightly fragranced compared to the others, so it's good to use all over without smelling overpowering. It seems to work great. I don't have overly dry skin, but my legs tend to get very itchy in winter from being dry, so I've applied this to them and they've stopped itching. :) The tubs are cute and the texture of the butter is almost solid, but like others have said, once you rub it in it melts like butter and rubs in easily. I don't think I'd use these in summer.

on 12/2/2012 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my favorite body butters! The scent is quiet mysterious, it has nutty, warm, creamy, perfumey, and unisex fragrance which i reeeeally love. The texture is meant for very dry skin. In this humid, hot weather in indonesia, it leaves both greasy and oily feeling, so i only use this for my skin protection in air-conditioned room. The butter really stays on my skin, leaving it soft and smooth all day :)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products