BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this highlighter. Especially reach for it for events such as prom, banquets, special nights out, etc. Looks the best when all the rest of your makeup is done perfectly, as well.

on 8/15/2014 12:45:00 PM

Best highlighter i've ever tried, easy to apply, lasts all day, doesn't dry out and just makes you GLOW it looks fantastic, only problem again is the price but this isn't as big an issue as one sample sized pot of this lasted me MONTHS. great product!! :)

I have a small bottle of this as it came with a kit and I can see that little bottle lasting a while. I've been having it almost for a year now, I really do love this product! I put it on my cheekbones, brow bone, and inner corner & it gives me such a gorgeous glow! I really do love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this and 4 other Benefit products in the "do the bright thing" makeup kit which was REALLY cheap for Benefit makeup because it was only $35au!!! (got it on a P&O cruise). I really really love the look of highlighted skin but I have dry skin so I don't really like using powder all that much. This blends really easily, looks natural, and is easy to apply. The only downside is the price (full size of this in Australia is around $45).

on 8/9/2014 11:35:00 PM

I don't love this. I prefer NARS Copacabana or MACs Luna for pinkish highlighting. I think I just find the application process too messy. I feel this way about all of benefit's highlighters I've owned. It might be better in a tube.

on 8/8/2014 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This highlighter is truly magical. Apply it on your makeup for a subtle glow finish. Be careful...only apply a tiny dab and blend it out on cheeks and under eye brow. It gives a really nice glow to the skin, and is perfect on sun tanned skin.
The con is that the applicator does hold a lot of product so you have to be careful to apply a tiny bit.

on 8/6/2014 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A little goes a very, very, very long way. I have a small bottle of this as it came with a kit and I can see that little bottle lasting a while.

I apply it to the cheek area but find it is excellent for brow highlighting and in the inner eye area. Talk about making your eyes pop!

I actually prefer this over powder highlighters because my skin is aging and the powder just settles into the lines. This sits on top and does not accentuate them. Definitely a plus.

The soft pink works well on my medium skin. I want to give Moon Beam a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a little undecided for this product. Here is why
Pros: it's a nice glow rather than a glitter-fairy-blind-your-face highlighter
I like the lightness of it

Cons: it really doesn't work on a naked face (no bb cream, cc cream, or foundation). I think your face has to have something in it before you apply. So this doesn't work for me
It's very streaky for someone who isint wear a face product
The packaging would be a lot better if it was in a pump up tube

I enjoy the watts up over high beam, but then again i think they're just two very different products

on 7/13/2014 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I am undecided about this highlighter.... it gives a very pinky glow.... i always wear powder foundation and powder on top so a powder highlighter sits better on my skin. You have to blend quite quickly with it or it dries, but a little goes a long way. I did buy it in moon beam which is a more golden glow but still has the pink undertone which i prefer.

on 7/13/2014 4:29:00 AM

I love this highlighter but it is a bit tricky to work with. If you can apply it right then it works like a charm, beautifully accentuates and adds a bit of a glow, but it is very hard to blend once on your skin.

I have the lipgloss-tube packaging kind which I prefer a lot to the nail polish bottle they seem to use with bigger sizes of the product. I like how precise you can apply the product with the wand because a little bit goes a long way. I've had this single tube for quite a long time and there are three of us who have been using it.

My favorite thing about this highlighter is that it doesn't give the illusion of an oily or sparkly face like some highlighters tend to do. It doesn't glitter, it glows. I just adore the bright, illuminated touch this gives your face. I put a dab on my cheekbones, middle of my forehead, and a tiny bit on my chin and the bridge of my nose. With a perfect shade of bronzer, my skin looks so beautifully polished and complete with a healthy glow.

Pricey, but it's worth it if you can shell out that much money. It really does make a difference in your make-up. I can't be without a highlighter now. I will repurchase, but unfortunately only if I have the cash to do so!

Video Reviews & Tutorials