MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 6/26/2013 10:18:00 AM

I absolutely love Twig. There's nothing like it. I think the color must look really different depending on who's wearing it, because some reviews said this looks "orange-y" and I don't get that effect at all. On me, this looks more pink than anything but has a definite brown undertone. It's probably the most natural-looking lipstick I've had - my lips are more pigmented, so Twig just adds a beautiful pop of color. Perfect for work and everyday wear. Love it.

on 6/14/2013 1:12:00 AM

Love it! Got this as a Back 2 Mac (SA at Macy's helped me choose) and I'm really satisfied with my choice. I normally wear bold lip colors, so much that people consider that my signature look-a bold red lip, or fuchsia, etc. I wanted something that was more "neutral" but not nude and not boring. My lips are pretty pigmented and I'm fair skinned, so I cannot wear shades like Creme d' Nude, Angel, etc. I can *just* pull off Creme Cup. Twig is better for me because it's deeper, more pink, more pigmented and doesn't make me look washed out. I would describe it as a pinkish, mauvey brown. A sort of MLBB shade. It's very classy and rich looking, has great lasting power and I love the smooth texture. I am finding that it looks great with a number of different looks, and surprisingly, can even stand in for red lipstick if I happen to be wearing an outfit that I'd normally pair with red lipstick. It also lends itself to a purple makeup look. If you like Creme in My Coffee (another gorgeous Mac pinky brown,) you would probably also love Twig. I find myself reaching for Twig quite often and would most certainly repurchase.

on 4/9/2013 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I love Twig! I wonder why it took me so long to get this color but its lovely. I am an NC20 and I love wearing this lipstick with bronze and warm brown eye shadow looks.I recommend this to anyone with light olive skin, its a very pretty color.

on 3/30/2013 6:21:00 PM

It's a great color..almost nude but a bit more pink...
I bought it for my mum but when I wore it I loved it and after a couple of days bought another one for me...

on 3/28/2013 7:57:00 AM

I bought this shade to replace captive as my everyday wear, only because captive is quite pink and doesnt go with all outfits. This shade is a little more nude/brown but still pink enough to be pretty and feminine. Gorgeous MAC satin finish, lasts for hours at work and looks sophisticated - it adds colour to the face without being overpowering. I would definitely recommend this for work/daytime wear, its a gorgeous shade and gives you a real lift. I also imagine this shade would look nice on most skintones. Perfect!

on 2/22/2013 5:33:00 PM

What happened to this color? I used to wear this in my 20's and loved it back then because it was so natural looking. It was a brownish pink that made my lips look fuller and I could wear it every day. 15 years later I buy it, surprised MAC is still making it, and it's now a red brown on me and really dark. I have too many red lipsticks already that I don't wear. I didn't need another one. I swear they changed the color formula because this color did not used to be so blah red brown and dark. I'm going to take it back. What a bummer.

on 2/21/2013 2:58:00 PM

I bought Twig after reading soo many awesome reviews on the perfect nude, etc, but I don't really find it to be nude at all. It's more of a brownish-pink, and if you're not very daring with your lips like me, it can be too much at first. I am NC30 and was turned off at first, but decided to just purchase it and let it grow on me, and it has. I wear it weekly, and line it with a MAC Pro Longwear lip liner in Staunchly Stylish.

on 2/12/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'VE FINALLY FOUND MY PERFECT NUDE! I have been looking for a great MLBB lipstick for my NC40/42 complexion, and was about to give up hope before I came across this little gem. Every other "nude" that I've tried either washed me out/looked ashy, or was too pink, brown etc. This is the perfect balance of pinkish/brown that is just slightly darker than my natural lip tone. I find that this also has very SLIGHT mauve undertones when applied (but that may not show on everyone). I highly suggest this to girls around my complexion (say NC35-45) who are looking for a good nude lip color.

This is a satin lipstick. Satin is my favorite finish of all the MAC lipsticks. It IS a little drying if you don't use a balm (RoC Enydrial Lip Repair is AWESOME), but it glides on very smoothly and lasts about 4-5 hours before you need a touch-up (unless you're eating of course). I really suggest using a gloss with this lipstick since, as I said, it can be drying and accentuate lines and flakes in your lips. I pair it with 'Boy Bait' Lipglass and Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in 'Morning Coffee'. It goes with ANY eye makeup and emphasizes my naturally pinkish brown lips, while still providing me with that natural look.

I gave the packaging a 5/5 because I really love MAC's simplistic, charcoal bullet. It's elegant, yet not over the top like some brands (*cough cough* YSL). This has a yummy vanilla scent like all MAC lipsticks as well!

This is a gorgeous lipstick for women looking for something versatile that is subdued, yet pretty. It's bold enough to emphasis your lips, yet subtle enough not to compete with the rest of your makeup. Love it!

BTW- Though this matches many blushes, I feel like it would go best with a mocha/pinkish brown blush such as MAC's 'Mocha' or 'Sweet As Cocoa'.

on 2/8/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Edit: I've really grown to love this lippie and realized how well it looked on me. It has great staying power compared to my Mac Brick-o-la.

I have a love-hate relationship for this color. On my pigmented purply lips, it is mauve on me. I was expecting a borwn-red or another MLBB but apparently, it's mauve on me! I don't get it! I don't like mauve colors because I don't like any lipcolor that has a purple tone on it because my lips are already purplish.

However,as much as I despise the mauve color Twig produces on my lips, it suits me very well. It looks good on me.

on 1/17/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this lipstick, it's one of my current favorites. On me it looks like a pinky nude which i like to pair with a neutral eye with white/cream liner on my water line.

If i had to throw away all of my lipsticks and keep only three, Twig would be one of them.

My only problem is the price, as MAC's prices have gone up twice. ANNOYING!!

Popular Lipsticks