LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

3.7

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 61585, Colour 18050, Methylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 6/21/2011 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this item in one of the LUSH gift boxes (so I can't really determine the price..) and really like it.

I enjoy the texture, its fun to use. I put it on a loofah in the shower. It smells incredible while using, unfortunately it doesn't last long afterwards like I wish it would.

It does leave me feeling clean, which I look for in shower/bath products.

As I said, the smell is amazing, but I do recognize it can be too sweet for some tastes (not mine for sure!) so it is all relevant to perosnal preference.

I would buy again when I finish my jar (great packaging btw). Yum!

on 6/21/2011 7:59:00 AM

on my third jar of sweetie pie!! the big jar too i might add :) this stuff smells like soft sweet black currants, and looks so pretty in the the clear jars with the glitter swirled on in there (no glitter remains on you though ^.^) it lathers well and doesn't upset my skin which is prone to getting that dodgy hideous rash from sensitivity issues which has barred me from all drugstore/supermarket body washes... i adore this little pot of purple magic. cant imagine my day starting without it, especially in the dreary tones of winter when something chirpy and cheerful is needed for those 6 o'clock wake ups in the bitter cold. price is somewhat reasonable from what i remember and id recommend it to people with a tooth for blackcurrant pastel lollies :)

I love Sweetie Pie!!! The blackcurrant smell is amazing, it's very sweet compared to Lush's other blackcurrant product 'The Comforter'. I keep mine in the shower and break off a tiny chunk to massage into my loofah, a little goes a long way and I get insane amounts of lather from such a small piece. I guess the only con is it doesn't really work if it's not used in a loofah. I'd say this is one of the most affordable Lush products, as it's only $11 and will last you about a year. I've had mine for three months and I'm not even a third of the way done!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Smells absolutely INCREDIBLE, each time I walk into my bathroom I open the pot just to smell it. I take just the tiniest amount and massage it onto my scrunchie, and I find that it lathers really well. The scent doesn't linger on the skin too long, but that doesn't matter to me, it's just a fun product to use and is a real scent treat for my nose. TRY IT!

on 1/2/2011 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOOOOOOOVE this jelly! It smells like grape jelly. It's a lot of fun to use and lathers well too. I don't have any trouble using it, I smoosh it into a sponge or shower net (or whatever it's called, it's like a sponge but like a hair net and comes in a flower shape) with a bit of water and you get the most luxurious lather. My kids enjoy playing with it very much, although they prefer the blue jelly, because it's blue.

on 1/2/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to love this product, but it just didn't work out for me. This would be a really fun soap if you have kids, but it wasn't practical for me at all.
...
First of all, the scent of Sweetie Pie was way too sweet for me. I probably should have purchased another scent instead. This smells like berries and gummy bears.
...
Secondly, the consistency was like Jell-O, which is really cool and fun, but I found it too difficult to use. When I scooped out a chunk, it would often fall onto the shower floor and wash away before I could use it. I also had a tough time working it into lather. Finally, I just started mashing a piece into my bath loofah and lathering it up into it.
...
Overall:
Pros: a fun and new product, good for kids to play with
Cons: not practical, difficult to work into a lather, a bit expensive, scent too strong and sweet for me

Mmmmmm.....smells like sweets! You need the tiniest bit to lather your whole body....and it doesn't dry my sensitive skin out. It's a little hard to control, but I can get over that. Put this in the freezer/fridge for a little while so it's really nice and refreshing in the bath. This is lovely!

on 11/8/2010 7:56:00 PM

Mmm.. this yummy smelling shower jelly swept me off my feet. It has a lovely black current smell - reminds me of my all time favourite bubble bar, The Comforter. Nice creamy scented lather which lingers onto your skin. My favourite was Whoosh for it's brilliant citrus smell which woke me up. Now.. this is my favourite, it has a great smell and fun glitter.

on 9/16/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Eyes: Violet

I love this stuff. It smells exactly like blackberries, I can never stop smelling this stuff. I love the fact that the scent actually lingers on your skin and in the shower afterward, and you really don't need much in order to get a really good lather. I feel so clean after using it; definitely going to try the other scents as well :)
-TBB

on 8/30/2010 11:23:00 AM

i love this jelly =]
its smells exactly like the comforter bubble bar which i also love, it just smells like berries and fruit pastels
i love that its a jelly and so fun to use although it can be a bit slippy.
my only issue is the although i love this shower jelly all the others are just gross i really want lush to make another new shower jelly or bring back the big calm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

LUSH Shower Jellies: Review & Demo by Danielle (LePooke)

Top Rated LUSH Products