Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

3.3

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is an excellent scrub! This product does what it promises: it eliminates blackheads. I've been using this scrub for about a month now and I couldn't be more happy. I only had some blackheads around my nose and on my chin, and this has taken care of it. Already 90% is gone, as well as much of the redness around my nose. I use it every evening as part of my daily routine and my skin seems to tolerate it perfectly.

Usage: Wet your face with lukewarm water. Squeeze out an amount of product the size of a large peanut, apply all over your face in gentle, circular motion. Pay extra attention to the areas with blackheads. Gently scrub your face for a few minutes. Rinse again with lukewarm water. Pat dry and apply your favourite moisturizer.

A few remarks though:

- this product has quite a strong smell to it. It may not appeal to everyone! I'm not really bothered by it and my boyfriend even loves the smell, but I can imagine other people being not so happy about it.

- I don't think you should use this product as often as I do if your skin is sensitive. The scrub is quite coarse.

on 4/26/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this a little while ago and have used it intermittently and I've only recently started to use it properly. And I wish I hadn't. I have noticed that my blackheads have gotten fainter but with that my skin's gotten so rough looking and I get acne now even though I never used to! This stuff is really terrible for sensitive skin, it's going in the trash and I'm definitely not repurchasing.

on 2/18/2010 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

didn't improve any blackheads that i have. what a waste.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this scrub!! It is the best for oily/acne prone skin like I have. I was amazed at how little you need and the key to it is being GENTLE and it will give you soft smooth radiant healthy looking skin. It removes dirt oil makeup pollutants from your skin after a long day and leaves you feeling fresh. I love it , its the best. I can notice a MAJOR difference in my health of my skin within just a few uses. My skin looked healthy glowing and was soft and smooth. I also LOVE the smell. It may be irritating to sensitive skin but not to me. and it comes in a 125 ml bottle with a flip cap top and it is easily squeezable to expense the perfect amount. The only con is that it gets water in the cap and its a bit expensive but well worth any price. love it cant live without it. Im addicted.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't realize we had Neutrogena prods here.. I've been wanting to try some things for years but never saw any. I am 51 and really don't have blackheads, but I was looking for something to handle some clogged pores, some of which I've been battling for years. Nothing has worked! I am not kidding, I bought this on a Friday, today is a Tuesday, used it perhaps 4x (alternating with the gentler MicroSomething scrub, which also has Salacylic acid in it) and use Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion (yep, Salacylic acid there, too, though in low amounts) and I swear there is already a 50% improvement in clogged pores! Scrub gently.. be easy on your skin, ladies.. I wish I'd known this earlier in life.. learned it from an aesthetician about 1.5 yrs ago.

on 1/23/2010 12:59:00 AM

Oh gosh.
I wanted this to work so badly!
However, it does nothing to improve my mild acne of clogged pores (blackheads, rough skin tone).Its too light a cleanser I guess. Sounded so promising though.
So bummed. Anyone who has better recs for my skin problems, PM me please :)
I'll update when I'm halfway done with the tube.
Peace!

on 1/5/2010 11:11:00 PM

I have many blackheads, especially on my nose, and saw no improvement. It was an OK cleanser, kind of sticky consistancy, but is not good for blackhead elimination.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This thing doesn't really work for me..well at least,ONLY the first time I use it works. After that,I didn't see any changes on my blackhead...

on 12/23/2009 2:14:00 AM

OMG! I am so disappointed in this product. I really wanted it to work as I have had terrible blackheads all over my nose for years. But instead of eliminating my blackheads it gave me big, sore cystic acne bumps on my chin, and right before Christmas! :( Thank goodness for concealer!

on 12/19/2009 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

don't know why, but my skin reacted so badly like never before... normally neurogane products work well but this one was like hell.. will have to be more careful in the future..

Popular Scrubs