Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love love love this foudation! Im so glad that BareMinerals decided to get on the "bandwagon" with a liquid foundation. Their powder mineral makeup is good but personally I love the natural finish of a liquid foundation. This foundation is seriously one of the best Ive ever used and I've tried everything from drugstore to super high end. It looks like "your own skin but better". I love that it's more like a serum foundation than a liquid because not only does it feel lighter on the skin but it actually a COVERS like a thicker heavier foundation would. The coverage is comparable to Revlon Colorstays, but it's not nearly as thick or paint-like as Colorstay. And it's buildable--on days where my skin is clear and break out free, I can squirt just 1-2 drops of this on my hand, take a finger and dot it through my face and then blend with my stipple brush. And it would give just a simple basic medium coverage. Days that my skin isn't looking the greatest, I can first apply 1-2 drops as I said before, and then squirt out another 1-2 drops (3-4 in total) and add another layer of this foundation over my problem areas without risk of cakiness. It blends seamlessly! Honestly this covers so well that I don't even feel the need to go back in with concealer except for under my eyes where I have some serious dark circles. If your undereyes aren't bad you might be able to get away without undereyes concealer for everywhere wear with this.

Something interesting about this foundation is that it comes in a plastic squeeze tube-type bottle. Personally, I love this about the packaging! It's so easy to control how many drops you want to take out and this minimizes waste. This is something that always bothered me about Revlon Colorstay, being in an open glass bottle with just a lid on top. I always wasted product tipping it over and over pouring the product onto my hand. The BareSkin foundation not only comes in a handy package but the ingredients are relatively harmless which I appreciate. No fillers, preservatives, oils, parabens, etc. Because there are no fillers, you have to shake the bottle because every use which or else the color might have all sunken to the bottom of the bottle and you'd just squirt out weird clear liquid. I have no issue with having to shake it up especially for the benefit of a product without harmful fillers and other ingredients.

As far as lasting power, this stuff lasts literally all day for me from the time I apply it to the time I remove my makeup at night so long as I set it with powder. I use Ben Nyes Luxury Translucent setting powder which I use with any liquid foundation. It is my HG! Can't love without it. Together, these two last on my face all day even through my combination oily skin. I can't say how well this foundation lasts by itself because I can't go without setting powder with my skin type.

To me, the price you pay for this product is kind of sweetly in the middle between the cheapest and the most expensive. At $30, it's not the most affordable foundation ever but I also don't think it's unreasonable. The only thing that's ridiculous is the gimmick product that Bare Minerals made to get more money from this foundation--that silly looking brush with the hole in it to hold foundation. It's really only ridiculous because it costs more than the foundation itself! The worker at the Bare Minerals store was trying so hard to get me to give in and buy it by saying things like "Well if you try the foundation and don't like it, it's because you didn't use it with this brush". I just didn't like the fact that it had that hole in the middle...I can't see it blending the foundation really well because it's only blending with the outside part but that's just my opinion. I use a typical flat top stippling brush and the results are flawless.

All In all, I highly recommend this to people with all skin types. Oilier skinned people like myself should most definitely use a setting powder with it (but we should always use setting powder with any foundation), and drier skinned people should wear moisturizer underneath this and have no issues. I actually find it a bit hydrating on the skin. Definitely worth the money and I will be repurchasing again when I run out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. It is literally the ONLY liquid foundation I've ever been able to use regularly without breaking out in cystic acne, but it's really just not very good foundation. It is very thin...I can get medium to almost full coverage out of it, but I have to use alot and layer it. I also get shiny very fast with it and it tends to smear and "pool up" on my forehead...I have to use powder on top of it (I use NYX mattifying blotting powder) and touch up the powder several times a day. But...I still like it better than using only powder foundation, and I like not having pimples, so I will keep on buying it. *Sigh*

Sidenote: I apply this with my fingers because I cannot seem to get the hang of applying it with a brush. Maybe it would work better if I could figure out the whole brush thing.

on 2/2/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The only redeeming quality about this is the color range where the lightest option is actually a good match for me.

No matter how I prep and prime, no matter how long I shake the bottle, and no matter which brush, sponge or finger application method I use, this remains streaky, patchy and highlights dry patches and flakes I did not even know I had. It also never really sets and rubs off on e-ve-ry-thing.

I also got suckered into buying the accompanying brush which is nothing special in my opinion and certainly does not improve application. Big no from me across the board. A shame as this is the first BE product to really let me down.

on 1/29/2015 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Pros:
-Good color range
-Non-irritating/no fragrance

Cons:
-Cannot apply without foundation brush, or it'll sit on top of your skin
-Easy to stain clothes because of packaging
-Too liquidy
-Rubs off easily
-Very little Coverage

I can understand using this foundation if you have near-perfect skin, but even still, it's way too expensive for the quailty. It also seems that you have to buy the equally expensive brush in order for it to look good which makes the product absurd if you ask me.

I'd use a basic tinted moisturizer instead of this. Kudos to BE for being ambitious, but this formula needs work:(

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is some of the best foundation I've ever used! I usually use Motives customized foundation from my rep but its hard to book an appointment with her on my busy schedule. I went to Sephora and got a colour match and bought this. I chose this because I already have the pressed powder (amazing) and my skin is eczema prone, sensitive and dry. Now at first, I was very skeptical because I did not read the instructions and put a huge squirt of this on my face. It caked into every crease and never set. I was so dissappointed! However I read on here that you should only use a few drops for the whole face. To my surprise this worked fantastically. I wore this at work under hot lights for 8 hours and it didnt budge. ANYONE who has a caking problem try and use only 1-2 drops for the forehead, 1 for each cheek, 1 for nose and mouth area and 1 for chin and jawline. You'll be amazed by the difference. Also, do not use a foundation brush. Use a flat top kabuki or some sort of very dense flat top brush to blend. I use The Face Shop Circle Face Brush and it really works well. If you're flaking I can see why this would amplify that so do a peel or exfoliate before using. The reason for only 4 stars and not 5 is that the packaging sucks. You must take off the cap before shaking and hold youe finger over the nozzle so it doesnt leak into the cap. However, great product I would surely reccomend!

on 1/25/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this foundation with the brush on a special QVC offer. The color that I was matched to was a good match. I was excited to try this with the brush and applied my two drops into their special brush and applied it to my face. It covered almost half my face with a super thin coat that was barely visible at all on my skin. It didn't cover anything.

I then switched over to beauty blender which soaked up quite a bit of the product. I wound up using my fingers and two layers to get sheer coverage. I have to say I was not successful with just two drops. Maybe if you wanted to use this as a lotion that your skin absorbs or have a flawless complexion to begin with, two drops might work for you.

The brush was to small and awkward, I found it scratchy and time consuming to use. The foundation was ok for about 4 hours then it started to pool in my nose creases and fine lines. I used Benefits Porefessional primer with it but it didn't seem to help. The next day I used Beccas mattifying primer. That made the foundation last 6 hours and then the pooling and shininess.

On my third attempt I used Mally's primer and It cosmetics bye bye pores to set it. That seem to make it last 8 hours but my face felt dry and flaky because the powder made the foundation cling to my dry patches.

Bottom line, for me this foundation just isnt a good match. I think if you have oily skin this might work better.

on 1/23/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

I absolutely love this foundation and believe me I have tried everything you can imagine from Chanel, to LaMer, to Laura Mercier, etc.. the key with this foundation is that less is more. Their special brush, in which u literally apply 2 drops into the center cut-out, helps blend this product perfectly. I also love how perfect the color I chose matches my skin. I have used Bare Minerals eyeshadows and lip glosses and i was always happy with their products but I never usually wore bare minerals powder foundation bc they were too dry for my skin type. Once I saw this liquid foundation serum I was willing to try it bc I do like all their other products. Although I love to experiment and try new products all the time I will be using this for awhile!!!

on 1/23/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Horrible stuff. I have smooth, combination skin with very few wrinkles. This stuff settles into EVERY cranny available and my skin looks dry and patchy. I applied with the recommended brush and that was of no help. I mixed with some face cream and a little primer and applied with my hands and had better results, but still not happy with the patchiness this leaves. I have olive skin with yellow undertones and the 08 is a bit light for my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product at Sephora where apparently they are too cheap with the electric bill to turn on the lights so I ended up buying a foundation three shades too dark 06. Lesson learned, never buy a product at Sephora that you haven't already bought at a store with light or just go straight to the store with lights and skip Sephora all together. I'm mixing this with an old foundation of another brand I had laying around that was too light. I can't say I'm able to fully appreciate this formula since a) I have to mix it with something else and b) I can't apply it the way you are supposed to with the stippling brush because of the previously mentioned reason. It seems to have quite an oily feel to it, maybe it would feel better if I had the correct shade and could apply it correctly with the kabuki brush, instead I got sold the wrong colour and will basically never go to Sephora again since it is too dark in there buy makeup.
Update: exchanged this for a lighter shade 04, it is very, very yellowish and the texture is totally different than 06. It is very watery and grainy and I have to rub it in to make it blend and makes my face look chalky. A total disaster.

on 1/20/2015 8:01:00 AM

I wanted to write a review for this product because I truly liked it. I have a combination skin, with oily patches, sebaceous filaments and dry areas, especially on my cheeks. I usually opt for BB creams, for practical reasons, but they end up looking too cakey at times. I tried this product at the airport's duty free, with ample time to decide and try, finally found it in a colour that perfectly matches my skin. Its texture is light and you only need a few drops for great coverage if you use a primer and a corrector underneath. Also, before applying everything I moisturise the skin with an organic face oil, leaving it slightly damp so to absorb the following layers much better. If it wasn't for the sales assistant I would have opted with a rosier colour, but I would have been mistaken. The fairer tone suits me the most. What amazed me is that the skin feels moist and hydrated for the entire day, quite a velvety sensation. I found the price good too, considering the high quality product that other brand often price at double the amount. Overall I would suggest giving it a try in store, it may very well be considered a cheaper version of Armani Face Fabric foundation.

Video Reviews & Tutorials