Chanel Allure for women

on 7/7/2011 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOve iT! not overpowering, just sophisticated and sweet! love love love

on 6/12/2011 8:57:00 PM

A girl at work used to wear this fragrance all the time and she got so many compliments from the guys. I managed to own this when moving house and a housemate must have left it behind. Anyway its definitely a fragrance to wear when you want to impress someone. I know it sounds strange, but if I have interviews or presentations this is my go to fragrance. Its definitely a "work" perfume. Very mature and nice when you want to be sexy yet sophisticated

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Allure is the only Chanel scent that does not make me run a mile. I sniffed it many years ago when I was studying in Paris but it seemd too heavy, too mature then. Now when I am in my 30s it seems to be a perfect scent for a cold Scottish summer.

It is warm and floral but not sickly sweet. It holds well to the skin (my husband bought it for me in 100 ml after sniffing it on my wrist one evening and I sprayed it at the perfume counter in the morning! My jumper was smelling with the EDT still 3 days later! So this bottle should last me a really looooong time.) and does not change much after a first application. I spray it on my wrists, touch them together to spread the perfume and then quickly rub it behind my ears and on my neck to distribute the smell before it evaporates. I find that this technique works best - I do smell with Chanel but Chanel does not arrive into the room before me, as it sometimes happens to the Chanel no5 wearers (I have one in the family).

Just like some other revewers I was torn between EDT and EDP but a more subtle and fresher but not weaker eau de toilette won in the end.

I am often mixing it with a citrusy and cinnamonny 'Aromi Antichi' that I bought last year in a small pharmacy in Florence - when layered Allure's fruity notes become stronger and it becomes a truly memorable , 'me' scent.

on 5/29/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is one of the worse smells ever in my opinion. even on others it smells like a cleanser.

on 5/24/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best perfume I have ever bought.The staying power is excellent and I often receive compliments on the fragrance while wearing it.A little bit on the pricey side but well worth the money.Thumbs up to Chanel and I hope they never discontinue this line.

on 5/18/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Im a chanel perfume junkie, and this is my latest chanel fragrance purchase :) Ive read reviews on this and mostly it wasn't good.... So i was never interested in buying or trying this one. I have Chance, Coco, Coco Mademoiselle and the iconic Chanel no 5.

Allure is a lovely fragrance - I like it alot. Im glad I went to test it a few times in store before I decided to buy it. After smelling it a few times on my skin I concluded not to listen what other say... Allure not being what they "expect" from Chanel.

I love flowery fragrances and love how chanel's perfumes all have that "flower element" in it, hence I own alot of chanel perfumes. Chance is very fresh and young, CM very sexy and fruity/flowery. Coco is very floriental (for winter) and ofcourse the iconic no5 is that burst of flowers, the scent of a woman - powdery and flowery.

Then comes Allure - combining the flowery with the watered down "orange burst" that is in coco mademoiselle. Its a more fresher powdery flower than the no5. its beautiful, soft and understated elegance. Its perfect for office wear - something thats not too overbearing, yet classy and feminine and soft. Very comforting in a subtle way. Will repurchase! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite fragrances. I receive compliments when wearing this. Allure smells feminine and sexy. I don't find myself wearing it often to work, but it is one of my fragrances of choice for a night out. Other perfumes I like are Guerlain L'Instant, Chanel Allure Sensuelle, Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb and Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (summer).

on 3/21/2011 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

My HG! My mom bought this for me when I was in my late teens because I couldn't get enough of it at the counter, it was my 1st Chanel! It's soft florals and powdery scent feel sensual and warm. It's long lasting but not overpowering. I think it's a classic but youthful at the same time

on 3/3/2011 12:46:00 AM

I first encountered Allure while in highschool in the mid-1990s, a gift from my grandfather. He loved buying perfume for us ladies in the family. He'd first tried with a gift of Coco, which was just too mature for me. Another Chanel also failed, but when he gave me a small (but mightily expensive bottle) of edp Allure as a gift, it was a clear winner. I keep coming back to it, and have purchased the edt and parfum again over the years. Few perfumes last on me; my skin just devours them for some reason. For me, Allure lasts and it works w my chemistry. Wish I knew why, but alas, great mysteries of life. I've tried exotic, pungent and sweet to powdery scents (from the unwearable Daphne, to the bold JPG Classique to the cloying Angel) and this and few else works for me. Some may call it boring, and so be it for those ladies. But it's really just right for a woman who wants to smell great, and wear a fragrance and not have a fragrance wear her. I don't need a scent to "announce" my presence; I can do that all by myself :)

on 2/24/2011 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My first Chanel purchase!
My husband bought me a Sephora gift card for Valentines Day, and this fragrance was my choice. (This was also my first time shopping there—a great experience, by the way—SA's were wonderfully helpful). I spent quite a bit of time researching Chanel options, and I knew Allure was highly rated by you all. I loved it pretty much immediately. I spent about an hour in the store smelling at least 20 different fragrances and kept coming back to Allure with an MMMMMmmmm. I called in my hubby to help me narrow down the top 4 or 5, and Allure was his favorite without question. (I also really liked Coco but found it a little too intense for every day wear. Lovely, but just a bit too heavy for me right now.)
Allure has a soft floral note that is not TOO flowery or powdery, and the spicy sweetness of the dry-down is marvelous. It isn't too desserty or sugary, just a perfect balance to me. Love it. I find it sophisticated, feminine in a confident way. It really just lives up to its name.
It is pricey, but hey....it's Chanel! That's what I expected going in. And the lasting power is wonderful for me. One spritz to the neck and one to the wrist lasts me all day. The bottle will last me at least a year. Perfect.

Popular Fragrances