Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

3.0

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Squalane, Yeast Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Isohexadecane, PEG-6, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Polysorbate 20, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Limonene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine

on 11/30/2012 2:56:00 PM

So, my friend was raving about this and she doesn't rave, so I bought some. A bottle later I was irritated and felt like I'd been duped. And then... I realized I hadn't been. I hate to say it, but I really like this stuff. I have very red, ruddy skin. My Clairisonic + Vitamin E Oil at night (which I sometimes swap out for other products) has helped my skin come a long way, but using this really has smoothed out the rough edges. It has just a touch of tint to help even things out, and when I stopped using it I did notice a difference. So as much as I hate to say it, because it's expensive and it gets some build up on the nose, I'll keep on buying it because I don't have bright red clown face.

on 11/28/2012 1:07:00 PM

This product did nothing to help my skin discoloration. I love Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair but this was very disappointing. It also has kind of a "plastic" or silicone-type feeling which I didn't like.

on 11/20/2012 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Utter rubbish. The texture is silky and gorgeous and initially made my skin look matte and more even. After two weeks, I developed milia all over my face. The big wakeup call happened when I started developing cystic zits on my cheeks. It was so awful that one of them left a deep pitted scar on my right cheek which still looks pretty ugly to me. I'll never, ever buy this again. I don't care how much you pay me. In my opinion, this can never beat Estee Lauder Synchronised Advanced Night Repair Complex Serum which is their best treatment.

on 11/9/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is a godsend for me! I've had acne for about 4 years now, it's never really gone away, but some weeks are better than others. I started using this when I finally took a look at my face and was horrified by how much discoloration and dark spots were left from my acne. I bought this product and used it morning and night, along with my normal skin care products which was just tea tree face wash and toner from the body shop, and within the first week I noticed that my skin was much brighter, softer, and I hadn't had any breakouts, and even less pimples than usual. I kept using it until the bottle was finished (it lasted about 2 months for me) , and near the end of the bottle, my skin was amazing! It was like I never had acne before. My marks were faded about 80% my skin was soft and luminous, and I had hardly any pimples, and my skin was glowing! I actually enjoyed putting makeup on for once because my skin looked so flawless with it on. My friends and even their parents were like "what happened to your skin?! Wow!" ... So yeah. Love this product, it worked a miracle for me!

on 10/19/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

While getting matched for Double-Wear Light, the salesperson showed this to me. When I saw the light reflective particles, I assumed it to be yet another gimmicky product that does nothing but make you shimmer.
In my book, shimmer is cosmetics- not skincare.
But , I will say that this product is truly both.
After 1 week of using this, I looked at myself in the rear view mirror and could barely believe how amazing my skin looked. No, I didn't look for very long and no, I did not get into a car accident:)
I did some digging on Beautypedia and dug some more to validate Paula B's claims.
She is correct that this contains the very same ingredients as (Estee Lauder owned) Clinic's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. However, I am a chemist and I must point out that we do not know amounts of ingredient's nor the type of preparation, for either of these products.
Therefore, they could work very differently.
I once spent $300 on some stuff by Orlane and had nothing close to the results with this product.
Sun spots are already fading and the skin under my eyes does not look as thin.
As Paula B point out, there isn't a lick of research proving this products effectivness.
But, when I look in the mirror...I don't need any research!

on 10/19/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I too bought this product hoping to even out my skin tone ( I am a medium-brown tone Caribbean woman) , but also, I was sorely disappointed. After 6 - 8 weeks, I have seen no discernible tonal difference although my skin feels smoother. I usually love EL products - the Advanced Night Repair is great - and I can't bear to throw out the bottle after paying so much for a large size, so I will use the rest on my arms, legs and body. After all, if it's designed to improve facial skin tone/texture, it can be used elsewhere. (Which I will also be doing with Idealist pore minimizer - it clogs the facial pores something rotten!)

This product didn't do anything for me. Just finished first bottle and saw no result. It would be ok as just a moisturizer but shouldn't expect more than that. It did not fade my age spot nor even out skin tone. Rather disappointed.Will not recommend to anyone.

on 9/29/2012 9:33:00 AM

I bought this product because I was concerned with the fact that I had uneven skintone, a couple of very noticable acne scars and because of my large pores. I have combination skin, but I often get random breakouts on my face as well. I started using this product about a year and a half ago and it has been the best thing i've ever done for my face. Prior to using this, I tried the Clinique, Philosophy and Lancome products to even my skintone, but none of them worked like this. After about a week of using this, my skin was much softer and felt more moisturized. After a little over a month, I stopped breaking out and my large acne mark on my cheek faded a great deal. I've also noticed my pores getting smaller and my skinntone is much more even. While it is costly, it has been the only thing that has worked for me, and only a small amount of it is needed. Over a year later, it is as though I have a new set of skin on my face!

on 9/18/2012 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for over a year now and my skin looks great. My skin tends to be reactive but I never had any rash using this lotion. It's easy to use because of the pump bottle, it gives a 'pick me up' without looking shiny or greasy and a little goes a long way. Works great under foundation and leaves my skin feeling and looking smooth. Just one pump at a time is all I need.

The price tag is a bit of a deal breaker... I think it's very expensive. But then again, I've been using my bottle for over a year now and it's still not empty so for me it's worth the investment.

on 9/18/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am allergic to this. dont know if anyone has the same problem. every time i used it, my face would have bad redness on the cheek. so i stopped trying and threw it away...........

Popular Treatments (Face)