NARS Sex Appeal

4.3

on 11/17/2011 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I couldn't agree with the view below any more! I'm an NC20 and sex appeal looked so gorgeous in the pan, a peach based pink. However it does not show up on my skin at all. By the time I layer it on it looks cakey and blotchy, giving only a slight hint of peach. The blush is chalky in texture and just does nothing for me. Such a shame seeing how pretty it is in the pan and how expensive it was!

on 11/17/2011 1:58:00 PM

I'm rating this a "4" even thought it didn't work for me. The product itself is great quality, and I adore NARS packaging, but the color didn't show up on me. I'm NC20, so I thought it would be a soft peach shade that would give me a barely-there blush. I packed on 4 layers of this, and it just looked like cakey powder. It was so close in color to my skin tone. I really wanted to love this, but for $27, I want a product that will show up on my skin.

My favourite blush right now.I am fair and this blush shows up on me perfect , a peachy pink matte shade,that gives you a glow.

on 10/6/2011 2:30:00 PM

I'm so excited to find this light blush that lasts all day long. Perfect for my fair skin and dark hair! I've purchased it for a few family members because it works so well!

So I am not pale and I love this blush. I have medium toned golden skin and think Sex Appeal gives a very pretty glow. I like sweeping it on with Too Faced's Flatbuki. I think the point of this shade was to be a sheer natural blush, for that sexy sort of lit from within glow. I don't think it was meant to be full on pigmented and it's clearly not a bright trendy shade. I think it's a classic shade for NARS now and do not think it's chalky on me. Don't try packing it on, just let it be what it's suppose to be- subtle and natural. It's nice paired with nude blush or matte bronzer also.

on 9/4/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I thought this would work on my very fair skin, but it was actually pretty blah and not flattering at all. Swapped it.

on 9/4/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i actually really like this blush :) i didn't think it would work for me at first (nc25, asian, olive undertones) since it didn't show up on my hand at all. on my cheeks, though, it's close to the soft peach they described, although it does lean more towards the pink side on me. this is pretty subtle -- since i am nc25 it's less "pop of color," more of a flush or a glow, good for an everyday look.

i also have to say, i love nars packaging. i keep all of my makeup in muji drawers so maybe that's why i haven't hard a problem with staining or wear, but i love the rubberized feel and the matte black look. anyway, very pretty blush. i'm glad i took the plunge on this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I go between this and NARS Deep Throat. They are both my faves. I reach for this when I'm doing more dramatics eyes with a lot of shimmer, so this Sex Appeal blush balances my eyes out because it has no shimmer and adds just a touch of color. I use Deep Throat when I feel like being more shimmery. You can't overdo it with Sex Appeal though, that's for sure. I don't wear foundation, just concealer usually, so this Sex Appeal adds to my natural cheek color. Perfect for daily use and conservative work places! I don't, however, wear this going out at night.

on 7/27/2011 1:51:00 PM

i have fair asian skin, and this is my daily blush. it's so light that you cannot overdo it. gives you a subtle natural looking color

on 7/6/2011 1:30:00 AM

This is an everyday blush for pale people! It's a very soft pale peach. It's like a natural flush on me. I think the matte finish is wonderful as I don't really need shimmers and glitters all the time (Orgasm, I am talking to you). As all the NARS blushes I have, it doesn't change color, doesn't fade, doesn't make me a walking tangerine with good lasting power.

Top Rated NARS Products