CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 11/18/2014 12:04:00 PM

No fuss or frills just a basic cleanser that does the job. It is very gentle so I usually spend a good one or too minutes massaging it onto my face making sure it dissolves everything. Love the pump thought, makes it super easy to use in the shower.

on 10/18/2014 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to try this cleanser out because I have combination to oily, sensitive, acne prone skin, but It just didn't work out. I first rinsed my face with lukewarm water, then I rubbed a 1/2 pump of this all over my face for about 30 seconds (it foams us to a nice lather), then I rinsed it off (splashing water in my face 10+ times to remove all of the cleanser). I used this product morning and night for a couple of days, but then I started breaking out really badly in my T-zone. At first I thought I was breaking out due to my Mac Prolongwear foundation, but I had been using it 5+ times a week for 2 months, and had never broken out from it before. Then I thought it was my Mac Prolongwear concealer, but then I realized I hadn't started using that until after I started breaking out. Finally, I figured it must be the cleanser (even though it's targeted towards those with sensitive skin), so I stopped using it and switched back to my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. The following morning I woke up and my skin looked a whole lot better, the acne had calmed down and the redness was greatly reduced. Needless to say I will be returning this product, not only did it break me out, but it made my skin's texture super dry, while still overproducing oils.

on 9/26/2014 4:17:00 PM

This is my HG cleanser. I have been using it for about 2 years now and I would die if they ever discontinued it . I have combo skin and it's the only cleanser I've used that keeps my skin clear, without over drying it. The bottle is HUGE and lasts a couple months. The product is unscented and removes makeup and oil effectively. I love this cleanser and now my mom in law is also hooked !

on 9/23/2014 8:50:00 PM

Before using this cleanser and the hydrating cleanser, I thought it was normal for your skin to feel tight after cleansing. I thought it was just unavoidable. This has been my HG for about two years now, and if they ever stop making it I will probably have a meltdown because I have tried a million other cleansers and nothing manages to get my skin clean, avoiding breakouts, while not drying it out. And a little sprinkle of ceramides and hyaluronic acid does not hurt one bit! When you look at the (awful) and super basic ingredients in most of the high end cleansers - department store and dermatologist office brands - $12 seems like quite a bargain. Plus it lasts foreverr. One pump is plenty enough for your whole face. I AM kind of a packaging snob and I wish they would realize that putting paper labels on a bottle that goes inside a shower/comes into contact with water is a really bad idea but, if it keeps the price at $12, I guess I can handle it.

on 9/23/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

MY HG FACIAL CLEANSER. I have gone through 3 of these. My skin type is oily, but due to prescribed topical treatments, I now have combination skin that is dehydrated. My t-zone is still ridiculously oily. This cleanses my skin without stripping my skin. I double cleanse with this, the first time to get off any sweat and dirt built up on my face ( I run cross country) and any powder that is left on my skin. It doesn't feel really foamy on the first cleanse, and I suppose it's because I actually have a lot of gunk on my face it's dissolving.:P on the second cleanse it is really foamy and when I rinse I just feel so clean. This definitely contributes to keeping my skin clear and smooth. I HIGHLY recomend this product if you have anywhere from normal to oily skin.

on 9/13/2014 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

**HG MUST-HAVE** I had hormonal after that flared up all of a sudden, I was on the hunt for the right cleanser to get rid of my acne. I saw a YouTube video on someone who used this and saw results. I ran out and bought it and I love it!! It's gentle and my. Acne stayed clearing away. My skin feels cleans after using this product and I love how it foams.?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is my HG cleanser! No fuss or frills just a basic cleanser. I have super oily acne prone skin and this stuff helps keep my clean balanced. I seen people talking about it making them breakout after a couple uses. That's is actually a sign that it's working! It's bringing out everything that has been sitting under your skin! So if you're thinking of trying this cleanser give it a couple weeks to see the full effects and amazingness of this cleanser!

on 8/16/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first, I loved this face wash. After a few uses, my pores became clogged and my face was bumpy with tiny little pimples, especially on my forehead... And I almost never break out on my forehead! I have sensitive, acne-prone/combination skin, so maybe some of the ingredients aggravated my skin! I do admit that it's nice this cleanser doesn't give a right feeling of dryness, but that's about the only good thing about it. Waste of my money. I'm back to using my aveeno moisturizing facial bar and overnight my skin already looks better.

on 7/31/2014 12:02:00 AM

Purity is my go-to cleanser, but I'm still on the hunt for my HG skincare regimen and was really excited to give this cleanser a go. (I have combo-oily skin, quite prone to breakouts on my forehead and hormonal pimples on my chin.) I was hoping this would be a less-expensive alternative to Purity...how wrong I was. Great packaging, great price, but oh my word--breakout city. Terrible pimples around my mouth and nose (I never get breakouts here) and they were so large they were impossible to cover. I try to give new cleansers a few weeks to allow my skin time to adjust, but it just wasn't worth it...new spots popped up every morning. Gave this away to a friend and while I like CeraVe moisturizers, I won't be purchasing this cleanser EVER again.

on 7/21/2014 6:30:00 PM

After years of using expensive department store cleansers (Lancôme, Fresh, Bliss, Philosophy, Shiseido) I bought this gentle cleanser at the recommendation of my dermatologist. I wish I had purchased it years ago! You get a big bottle for only about $10 on Amazon. The Ph-balanced cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and clean, without breaking me out. There is no scent and it foams nicely. It's supposed to preserve the skin's moisture barrier and I can't really comment on that, but I do seem to have fewer dry patches from retin-A now. I also like the pump packaging better than the open top or squeeze bottles, it seems to dispense just the right amount of product. I only need about two pumps to clean my face. Cerave has become my HG morning cleanser. At night, I am still using a Faceshop cleansing oil plus a Ph balanced La Roche Posay cleanser to remove my makeup. However, once the La Roche Posay cleanser runs out, I will try the Cerave with the cleansing oil.

I would buy this even if it was twice as expensive!