Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 12/12/2013 11:57:00 AM

I absolutely love this mascara! I've been on the hunt for a great, blacker than black mascara, and this is it. It makes my lashes long, separated and beautiful! I finally found my HG mascara!

on 12/11/2013 1:52:00 AM

I want to like this mascara because it's the blackest I've ever found, but it's horrible. It's messy, and so hard to get off my skin. It clumps, it doesn't do what it says it does, and it stinks!!!!! Would not recommend.

on 12/6/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I liked this mascara at 1st, did not love it but liked it well enough. Decent for a daytime look. I liked that the Extra Black was extremely pigmented. It was ok after one generous coat, but I found if I tried to go over it would turn out sticky. After only 2wks I tossed it out because the smell went off and the formula got really off too. I spent about $11 on it and kinda wanted it to last for the 3 months, but it never made it. I will not re-purchase this mascara per sey, but I will re-purchase their Endless Lash Accelerator at some point. The REG was too glue like on my lashes and application was too messy. The brush on the ENDLESS type (plastic) worked much better and that one lasted me a couple of months and not just a couple of weeks like this.

on 11/6/2013 9:57:00 AM

This is my favorite mascara out of all that IĀ“ve used in a long time. It says on rimmels website that it contains some kind of lash treatment. I have really bad, thin lashes that fall out from time to time and I havenĀ“t noticed them growing any longer or thicker but I have noticed they donĀ“t fall out as much which use to be a huge problem for me! And considering what it does for me as a regular mascara is it basically a steal for its price. ItĀ“s ment to be a lengthening mascara which I agree with sinse it does give me lots of length. But it also gives me some volume and it really holds a curl throughout the day! IĀ“ve never had it smudge on me either. Great, great product!

on 10/25/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This mascara is ok. It is a solid ok product. It has a beautiful, soft black coloring, and a gentle bristle brush that gets bigger at the end. However, the mascara did not really lengthen my lashes. On top of that, the formula irritates my sensitive eyes. It contains castor oil (it's main ingredient for its claims to grow lashes) which is nourishing, however it can be overbearing for sensitive eyes. The wear of this mascara is not the best at all. It flakes on me throughout the day, and smudges in a unattractive manner. L'oreal's Voluminous Mascara does everything this mascara does, except it does not smudge or flake or irritate my eyes.
I believe this would be a good mascara for those whose eyes aren't sensitive, don't wear mascara for more than 5 hours, and want a more natural look. Otherwise, I do not think I would repurchase this.

on 10/24/2013 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Now that the lot of my drugstore mascaras are approaching the 4 month mark, I had to throw all of them down the chute and go out and buy a few more. Y'know, just enabling myself. I went to CVS and since I saw something about Rimmel and long lashes in the latest girlymag, I had to see what they were talking about. Well, I couldn't remember the exact Rimmel mascara, but this promised length so I picked it up.

Anyway, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- very very hard to clump up, buildable for ages
- elongates lashes without any spidery-ness
- feels very comfortable on my lashes, unlike telescopic which does a great job but irritates my contact lenses
- can be layered on top of another mascara
- doesn't smudge onto the bottom of my undereyes creating a panda fashun look

Cons: hideous packaging, wet formula means slight smudging on top lids

I wouldn't say that it elongated as well as telescopic did, but the telescopic also irritated my eyeballs so badly that I couldn't wear unless on occasion. This one is great for every day even though it's not waterproof. I like how I can build on it for ages and it doesn't clump. This is by no means a "volumizing" mascara, but on my sparse lashes it volumizes well enough so that my lashes don't look spidery but still full. I don't think I'll get it again because there are still so many drugstore mascaras to try!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

it didn't work for me because of the formula(too wet) but i give it to my friend and she was totally in love.

on 9/24/2013 3:15:00 PM

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS MASCARA!
my mom bought it to me from london, and it's definetly one of my holy-grail products.
this mascara adds amazing volume, which is just what i was looking for.
it makes my lashes look false, and everytime i put it on people compliment me and ask me if i put false lashes on.
but the packaging- EWW. light yellow metalic disaster, and people who see me put this mascara on in public think the mascara is yellow or very very cheap, and if i would see is in a store i wouldn't buy it beacuse of the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I had given up on Rimmel mascaras after a horrid encounter with The Max Volume Flash mascara.One of my friends told me i should try this mascara and since her eyelashes looked quite spectacular, i decided to try it. The price is reasonable and i did like the mascara overall. It lengthens pretty well but i wish it volumized better. Also it claims to make lake lashes appear 80% longer upon first application and i did not find that to be the case. I think i will use another mascara to volumize and then this one to lengthen.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

After watching a few youtubers rave about this mascara, I figured I'd give it a try. I was looking for a lengthening mascara to layer with my HG volume mascara (Prestige My Biggest Lashes). These two mascaras layered gives the ultimate false lash effect. My lashes don't even look real. Honestly, no need for *my dog just farted ewww* no need for false lashes anymore! Lash Accelerator gives length, amazing separation, definition and no clumps. It doesn't smudge or flake on me which is big because I have oily skin & lids. I find Lash Accelerator to be a dry waxy formula which is my favorite type of formula. I hate wet. Wet = clumps for me. Also, I like dramatic lashes so I always layer multiple coats with my mascara and I can't do that with a wet formula. The brush is okay, I would prefer a traditional thin bristle brush. This mascara comes with one of those trendy plastic bristle brushes. However, this brush isn't as pokey like some out there. Lastly, I love the neon yellow holographic against the black packaging.
My rountine:
1. Apply two coats of Lash Accelerator to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom.
2. Apply three coats of Prestige MBL to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom.
Results: Non-clumpy separated long and thick full lashes!

Popular Mascaras