St.Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Bisulfite, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Caramel, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 40 (CI 16035), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) 6/15/2012

on 4/13/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Blargh! And yet again I fall for an overhyped and overpriced product. I'm tired of those two things coinciding and willingly falling victim. :P Sadly, I have nothing good to say for this tanner. I'm as white and ghostly as it gets, which in spite of receiving some great ridicule for throughout the years, I for the most part happily embrace and have no problems with being pale. It then is a big deal when I state that this winter has been so long, cold and depressing and being trapped indoors for months and months has made even me cringe at how dull my skintone is and thought I should do something about it. I was persuaded by all of the rave reviews that said this mousse gives a natural-looking tan and smells good, but nothing about it worked and I followed the instructions to the tee. I'm guess I'm just too fair for it, and a natural-looking tan it was not. I tested it/applied it on my legs only to be on the safe side in case I needed to hide potentially bad results. The application was easy and came out evenly, but it reeks just like every other self-tanner does after a few hours and the color was totally orange. Honestly a terrible color result, and I have tried a few other gradual tanners (Jergens and Banana Boat) and even those turned out better. Worst of all, I had a reaction to this product consisting of bumps and itchiness that have not subsided. :( Hate to be a kill-joy amidst all of the love for it, but it was just a complete bomb for me.

This product turned me streaky and orange, don't think it's worth the money!! I feel the mousse it's very watered down and runny. I received this as a gift but personally I wouldn't purchase it myself. The only pro I found about this is the smell is that horrible curry smell you get with fake tans!

on 4/8/2013 11:48:00 PM

I absolutely love this tanning mousse. I have been using Fake Bake for months before purchasing, and the first time i used it I loved it. It made me super dark and it lasted. However you have to apply it at night because it makes your skin look weirdly dark and dirty and in the morning it washes off. After that first time, Fake Bake left me looking like I had a disease. My skin was weird and spotty. I contacted the company and they gave me some bullishit excuse about how I should've exfoliated with their product and moisturized with their product. First off NO. That should never be the case. But anyways I did buy their exfoliated and it did the same thing.

With that being said, I was very scared to purchase St tropez because it is quite pricey. I sucked it up and bought one at sephora along with the glove. (The glove sucks but whatever). the first night I used it I loved it. It smelled so good, kind of a rose from a bush (I say that because if you know what actual roses from bushes smell like you'll know that its a diff smell than the fake roses here in america). It gives you a light color and it dries very quickly. The color that you get isn't as dark as the fake bake, so at first I was a little scared, HOWEVER, in the morning not a lot of the color washes off. With Fake bake, you get super dark when you apply it and all of the color washes off the next morning. With this it doesn't. So you can apply it during the day and run errands as you wish without looking like you dipped yourself in mud. It lasts forever and it works perfectly on tricky areas like hands, feet, elbows and knees. Its even good for your face although i do suggest only putting a little bit there. The first time I did it, i applied it three days in a row because I was super pale. After that I only apply it twice a week. The bottle last forever and it is honestly so worth the price. The color is very natural and very long lasting. And the best part it…you don't get cancer! yay. Love it. Definitely purchase.
It is cheaper than a month's worth of fake tanning, and less risky than sun tanning.

on 4/5/2013 1:14:00 PM

I have used st tropez in the past and thought it was ok.I decided to buy it again a few years later and I applied it woke up the next morning and it seemed ok not brilliant but ok.I work in a large shopping centre in a well known retail shop and when I went to work I looked like an umpa lumpa, luckily I had only done my arms as in this weather its the only part that's on show apart from my face, luckily it came off moe on my face so not so bad but o.m.g my hands looked ridiculous.I felt embarrassed serving customers with these orange tango hands.I never remember it being this orange, it was no different to the st moritz which is only a few punds, luckily I only paid £13pounds for this off ebay but it was sealed and lady had 100% feedback so have no idea why this has made my hands so orange.wehter it was a fake or bad batch I don't know but I won't be buying it again, everyone raves on about it but its just so orange.

on 4/5/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

****PLEASE NOTE I use this on my face only********

I could not live without this, it's HG for life for me. Naughty I know, but once a month I use a sunbed. (solarium in the US.) My skin tone is naturally about nc25, with a tan it ranges between NC30-40. However, I won't tan my face. My face is around NC20. So I have to use fake tan on my face. Well I have tried so many different self tans out there. Even specific ones that are made for the face. Nothing compares to this. It looks natural, ( takes me from NC20 up to NC30) it never streaks, and the best bit is that it fades evenly. Result! I just make sure I exfoliate once a week. I pop it on before bed and wash my face in the morning to reveal the perfect, natural looking tan.

on 4/5/2013 12:56:00 PM

Ive used this for a while, it looks very natural when finished & has great staying power.This tanner also fades quite well and doesnt come off in chunks as much when your nearing the end of your application.
I find this tone is great if you want a little natural colour however I use the black bottled version with the "Dark" tone as I find that gives more of a deeper tanned look yet still natural. I guess it really just depends how tan you want to go :) The only bad thing about this for me is the smell is quite strong, maybe Im just a complainer :p

on 4/4/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you're looking for the perfect, easy to apply, natural looking, bronze self tanner then the St Tropez Tanning Mousse is definitely something you need to try!

I've been using this product for about a year and half now, i've tried other self tans in that time but i'm always coming back to this

I'd recommend using the St Tropez tanning mitt to apply (i've tried cheaper mitts but theirs honestly works the best) don't try using your hands it stains and using a mitt ensures for a even, non streaky tan

Okay so on to how i apply it, i pump the product onto the mitt (1 pump for each arm, 2 pumps each leg, 3 pumps for chest, belly and neck, 2 pumps for my back) and in fast, circular motions i distribute it all over my body. If i'm wanting to be extra dark i'll wait for it to go tacky then apply another layer

On the bottle it suggests you wait 8 hours before showering, but from experience i'd say wait at least 12, I usually will apply in the evening after showering and exfoliating then sleep in it and wash it off in the morning. When I did only wait 8 hours i feel like most of the color came off and i only looked about a shade darker.

On me the tan lasts 7-10 days depending on how much i moisturize, exfoliate, shave etc.

I definitely recommend this product, it's my HG self tanner and i will keep on repurchasing it until i die!

on 4/4/2013 4:21:00 AM

It works almost instantly; you can see exactly where you are going to get your tan. Absorbs very fast. Doesn't smell bad. The mousse comes out a scary brown but if you blend quickly, it ends up looking natural. You can get a very even tan especially if you use the mitt. Packaging is nice, and pump dispenser is very controllable.

However, I would use discretion when using it on your face as it broke me out in areas where I wouldn't normally break out, such as my cheeks and forehead.. and it was the first time I had used it, so my mitt was new and definitely was not bacteria-overloaded.
The pump can get a bit leaky, so I store it in the box it came in.

Of all the self-tanners I've used over the years, this is the best one thus far.

This self-tanner is one of THE best tanners out there compared to most like l'oreal, jergens, coppertone.. It doesn't give you an orange look, the smell isn't bad it's just a little pricey around 40$ +tx for the 120ml and 50$+tx for the 240ml. Make sure to exfoliate before and apply with the bronzing mitt all over your body rapidly leaving your hands for last. For your face, you may apply the product on a cosmetic sponge (dollar store) and swipe over face avoiding the hairlines. - gradual tan - try it for one week daily, don't exfoliate before each use you'll just get rid of the tanner. :)

on 3/27/2013 10:04:00 AM

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Its the only self tanner that doesn't turn my very pale skin orange! Every self tanner streaks if you don't apply it right or you didn't exfoliate right before. The only problem I had with this was when water would get on me within the first 3 hours of applying it. It will streak, but all you have to do is reapply it in that area and its fine again!

Popular Bronzers