NARS Mekong

This shade is exactly what it looks like in the pan- which is why I would not rebuy. It's just so dark, almost black! Which isn't bad if you like that...but it's just so pigmented that I find it hard to work with, if that makes sense? This colour is just so rich so I would only ever wear it as an eye liner...good quality tho, what you see is what you get.

on 12/4/2009 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

You really do not need this product if you have Cordura. I bought this (after owning Cordura) because I thought it would be a warmer deep brown than the dark shade of Cordura. Not so much. I swatched them side by side - they are nearly identical - this a hair darker. Seriously, same shade - just a hair darker

This was harder to apply. Cordura is buildable which is needed for something this dark. Plus, with Cordura you get the other warmish brown shade which rocks. I returned this to Sephora.

I really hoped this was a super dark, rich warm brown like it appears in the pan. Instead, it's an almost black grey.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm very disappointed with this shadow. It's a gorgeous espresso color loaded with gold microglitter in pan. However, it doesn't translate nicely on my skin. Despite the fact that it's very pigmented and easily blended, it seems to lose a lot of the brown as you blend it in and turns somewhat cooler, and the soft-black tones become more apparent. It has a bit of a soft dusty texture to it. When packed on, the color is similar to how it appears in pan but that gorgeousness is short lived as the cool-charcoal/soft-black tones eventually show through even over TFSI or UDPP. That's another thing - this requires an eye primer. Otherwise, it fades almost instantly. I'm keeping it around as an eyeliner - a softer alternative to black. If I were to use this up or lose it, I would not replace it.

Nope, not for me. I swatched it in a Sephora store where it looked to be an amazing dark brown with reddish-gold glitter. "What a great liner shade that would make," I thought. But alas, once ordered and tested on my eyes it only looks black. I truly do not need another black shadow or eyeliner. That being said, it seemed like the quality was wonderful; very, very smooth and exTREmely pigmented. I wish this had worked for me!

on 10/26/2009 3:33:00 PM

Now my very favorite brown eyeliner... way better than the MAC or BB gels for depth and vividness. If I ever want a super deep smokey brown eye I'll use this but for now it's a sultry, exotic eyeliner. Looks great with the Indian Summer duo.

on 10/23/2009 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I disagree that this looks black. It is definitely an espresso brown, the look of deep Colombian coffee after you've freshly ground it, except it sparkles. I apply it with my finger tip, as an amorphous smudge on the upper lid. Along with mascara, it defines my eyes without the heaviness and obviousness that a manicured, groomed application would impart. It's like a stain for your eyes, adding a chiaroscuro effect, along the same line that Nars' Pampa lipstain does for lips. Basically, it's a neutral and looks great with nude or slightly blushed lips and cheeks.

on 10/21/2009 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is really just a black with shimmer and glitter added to it and that is what you see when you open it but it really goes on black. It is also very messy and almost powdery so it is hard to keep it off your cheeks. Don't love it -- don't even like it -- back it goes. NARS has some great shadows but stay away from the black based ones -- they are deadly.

on 10/20/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Wow! That's some deeeeep brown! On me it is a cool ashy brown with bronzy shimmer. Not for everyday except as a liner. Definitely hard to dupe....it is very original. will be a gorgeous smoky eye.

on 10/20/2009 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow! Mekong is a intensely pigmented espresso (black-brown) colored shadow with heavy gold shimmer. This makes a killer smokey eye, but it also looks amazing as a liner, smudged along the lashline either wet or dry. I won't need to buy this again, but if I had to I definately would :)

on 9/16/2009 1:22:00 AM

I LOVE this color as an eyeliner on my lashline. I bought this originally to use as a liner on my lashline to eccentuate my lashes. It is gorgeous. It is a dark almost black brown with cute glitters in it. The quality of this is amazing and the staying power is great. It can also be used all over the lid but I would rather save that for a night out dancing. It's a very lovely color and I don't think an eyeshadow like this can be easily duped. Check this out!

Top Rated NARS Products