Skinfood Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 3/7/2012 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this the last time I went to the Skin Food store and was a bit hesitant to try it. After reading reviews and how to use it appropriately, I went in for the jump one night. This little mask/scrub smooths out your face. My face looked significantly even toned, and the next morning my usual redness on my cheeks were nowhere to be found (: I feel that in order to make this scrub work, you should dampen your face with warm water, and immediately apply the scrub so that the sugar particles will dissolve, and then gently exfoliate away. This stuff is next on my to-buy list!

on 3/6/2012 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this stuff! Got a sample from Skin Food in Korea and it exfoliates really well--left my skin super soft, so I think I'll purchase the full size:)

on 2/13/2012 4:42:00 AM

I swore by this product a few years back, but have become a bit of a HE only snob when it comes to skincare. Thankfully, I decided to venture back to some cheap roadshop brands and realized some work just as great (if not better). My skin is recovering from a painful breakout from a HE brand moisturizer but this exfoliator is helping speed recovery up nicely. It's not too abrasive, has a mild scent, and really helps boost my complexion. One thing I'm not too happy about though is that for the price, it doesn't contain that much product. One tub gives around 10 applications, give or take.

I actually have the tube version of the black sugar scrub, called black sugar scrub foam. The main difference between the foam and wash off versions are a) packaging and b) the wash off one you should massage for about 20 seconds whereas the foam is more of a cleanser/face wash you can use in the morning. The grains are nicely coarse, not too much but enough that you don't need to rub hard to get the dead skin off. Smells gorgeous, nothing negative to say about it really. I guess it is a bit pricey, so in a way it is a nice luxury but probably not enough to merit the price tag (st ives is only 3pounds, this scrub is about 15pounds).

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Scent is wonderful, scrub very coarse, takes a while to get used to. After gently massaging onto my dry face, stone mill turns into milky colour. Leave it onto your face for 15 min and rinse off.
Face is very smooth after each scrub.

on 9/3/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a mask. The directions say to apply it to a wet face AND mix the product with either water or toner before massaging into your skin and washing it off AFTER 10~15 minutes. :)

on 6/4/2011 5:56:00 AM

it's kinda rough at first but it leaves the skin feeling pretty nice and clean. i especially love the smell.
however i would recommend this for the body more than the face.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the smell of this (have to try not to eat it!) and it not only scrubs, but also has moisturising properties. After scrubbing my face, i leave it on for a while (it's a mask afterall) before washing it off. After usage my skin looks brighter and smoother!

on 3/28/2011 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is a scrub made of sugar and some oils. It comes in a tub and is brownish-black. The particles are not so fine, but not too abrasive either. I'd say the granules give a satisfying scrub. The smell reminds me of Coca-cola, but sweeter. I feel this scrub definitely removes dead skin cells on the upper layers of my skin. My skin is noticeably smoother to the touch after use. However, I find that this product does not really deep clean into the pores, and that is what I like my masks/scrubs to do. If you are concerned only of smoothing the dermis, I would certainly recommend this product given its abilities, and it is fun to use. I wouldn't recommend this to gals who crave for some serious de-clogging of pores.

I love this scrub! I love the smell and the way it feels on my face. I use it once a week, massaging it gently. It doesn't smell like black sugar to me, vaguely citrus-y but I like it. I've stopped using other scrubs after finding this stuff.

Popular Scrubs