John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

3.1

on 6/22/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Awful. Just gave me ultra shiny frizz

on 5/22/2011 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this serum for about 2 months now everyday and although it's not perfect, I don't think I could leave the house without using it anymore. It does actually make quite a difference. For me, it's not about frizzy hair though, rather just smoothing the many fly aways I have. It does a fantastic job of making my hair look shiney and smooth, which is great since where I live the humidity is through the roof. The thing that annoys me about this stuff though, is I can't use it more than 2 days after washing my hair or it will look disgustingly greasy. Also, the cap comes on and off so easily I decided I can't keep trying to carry it with me or it goes everywhere! I wish the cap would stay on. If it did, honestly I'd take it everywhere I go. The price is also quite good considering it will last you a while (I'm barely a quarter through it and have been using it on my thick, long hair for 2 months!). Although it's not perfect, I'd encourage everyone to try it.

on 5/7/2011 10:49:00 AM

While I don't think this is an anti-frizz miricle, it is the best serum for such a small price. When I don't want to shell out >$20 for living proof, I get an $8 bottle of this stuff. I usually use one pump for shoulder length hair, then blow dry, and finish with aveda anti-humectant pomade.

on 5/5/2011 12:30:00 AM

this product makes my hair smooth, thats for sure... but it leaves a greasy effect, i never knew hair could feel soft but sooo greasy aswell. i wouldnt recomend it.

on 4/28/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like this product a lot. I only need to apply a dime-sized amount on my medium/long hair, and it dries with a light, unnoticeable finish and leaves my hair sooo soft and touchable, like a baby's! I can't comment on how it does with frizz, though, because my hair is very straight.

on 2/18/2011 8:14:00 PM

I realllllllllly HATE this rubbish! i was excited to try this as i was sick of having frizzy hair and i naively thought this would do the trick but its utter rubbish! i tried it using different amounts but it either didnt work, enhanced my frizz or just made my hair greasy. Fortunatly i was given tigi defrizzer to try which worked wonders it just smoothed out frizz without makin it greasy!

on 2/13/2011 12:19:00 AM

Wowza! I'm surprised with the very low rating! I love this serum, I'm on my third bottle already, in Original formula. My hair is medium long, and just slightly wavy. I straighten my hair sometimes, and I use this before straightening, when my hair is still a little bit damp, just a pump is enough for all over. I mostly focus on the ends part, tho. It smells good, but it feels like oil - kind of. If I use this today, I'll have to wash my hair the next day. It works well for me, keeps my hair from drying and splitting. I'll keep purchasing :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely adore this product - because of the price (I'm cheap) I have tried to move onto other things but I keep coming back to this guy.
I apply it after I shower in wet/damp hair and when my hair is dry, it is sooo soft and smooth. It's not the greatest with frizz, to be honest, though I know do notice a difference.
My favourite is the heat protectant just because I don't have to use a spray with it.

on 2/1/2011 9:50:00 AM

this works great!!! alot better than Bio Silk Therapy, made my hair feel very hydrated

on 1/26/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To be honest I am not overly keen on the original, it does seeem to weigh my hair down without making it feel soft- seriously keep this stuff away from your roots as it will look so greasy! The same is not to be said with the orange heat defense one- I love it! I dont know why I hate one and love the other but they work completey different for me. The heat defense one is amazing. It doesent weigh down your hair, makes is feel smooth and soft and gives a beautifull shine. Its great worked into wet hair before blow drying and used as a finishing gloss and it seperates curls beautifully.Plus the added bonus of heat protection. It is a little pricey but if i go on holiday i only need this one product packing seperate products for, heat defence, leave-in conditioner, smoothing balm, finishing spray blah blah....
I havent tried the blue transform one so i can't coment but don't think i'll bother because my hair is not chronicly frizzy or out of control.