Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This broke me out. When applied to the rest of the body, it left me feeling sticky...not smooth at all. The only pros are probably the natural ingredients.

on 3/24/2008 11:16:00 AM

Works pretty good, doesn't clog pores. I do not care for the way it smells. Doesn't break me out. My husband really likes this stuff and it was recommended to him when he was in HS by his dermatologist, so this is his HG, but not mine.

I use this whenever my eczema acts up, or just if my legs are the super-itchy sort of dry.

It does a good job of moisturizing, and it really calms down any inflammation--like it promises to do (it's the oatmeal that does it!). The dimethicone in it does a good job of sealing in moisture, although it can leave a little bit of a film sometimes--but that was only when I got too enthusiastic with my amounts.

I didn't take off for this in my scoring, since I bought the generic version and I suspect this is the problem, but the smell is TERRIBLE. It smells just like the alcohol wipes they use on your arm before giving you an injection--it's a very, very stingy, medical smell, though I've never experienced any reaction from it.

Great for tired, sensitive skin.

on 3/21/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this lotion! I've seen commercials for this for a while now, and I finally purchased it, and I've gotta say, this is AMAZING! I just cannot get over how this makes my skin feel, and it's only been 2 days! My legs get scaly dry in the winter, and I just put this on my legs last night, and now they're so soft! The smell is light, and a little unpleasant, but I've grown to like it. I have pilaris or w/e on the backs of my arms and legs, and while it hasn't cured it, it has made them a LOT softer, and less red. I've tried so many moisturizers, and until now, I have yet to find my "perfect" lotion!

on 3/20/2008 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

this is great stuff. i have eczema, and i actually bought it b/c i figured if it's sold at costco (& therefore sells a lot) it MUST be good, right? hehe. anyway, after i got it home i looked up the MUA reviews and was pleasantly surprised by the amazing feedback about this specifically in terms of eczema! so many people were saying that it was the only thing that worked for theirs.

well, lo and behold, i tried this stuff on an eczema patch i had behind my ear and the reviews were right! the patch was smoothed away within a few days, whereas i'd been using other lotions (Cetaphil lotion, Cetaphil Cream, Complex 15 lotion, Aquaphor) on it for weeks with no positive results (and actually i think some of those products were irritating things further).

i use for torso, extra-dry areas (for me, sides of neck; behind ears). it's true what others have said, i guess this does have an overall feel (& smell?) of being a little plasticky/chemical-y. which is slightly off-putting since i've been making a concerted effort lately to use more natural products -- but if it works, i'll take it, at least for now. i agree, the smell isn't my favorite, but it's mild (you have to get really close to smell it) and it's better than adding extra chemicals for a sickly sweet/artificial scent.

in short, this is a hydrating, simple lotion that does what i need it to. and it is the only thing i'll use on my eczema.

on 3/16/2008 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I stopped using it for a long time, but I picked it up again and realized that it is pretty good for my hands. So-so on the body, definitely not good on my face, but good on my hands. I might prefer something less synthetic and plastic-y, but I'll probably buy it again b/c my husband likes it.

on 3/13/2008 1:30:00 AM

Healed My Hands, I Washed My Hands With Hot Water A Lot So That's What I Get But Im So Glad I Found This. No Scent And It Has A Very Creamy Texture. I Don't Use This As A Body Moisturizer Though, Just Cracked Areas.

on 3/10/2008 7:22:00 PM

I bought this product at Costco which was a great deal. (like $10 for 2 huge bottles) It's a great moisturizer. Has no scent which is kinda nice if you are like me and use a lot of other scented products and don't want to smell like you mixed them all together. Soaks into the skin nicely and the effect seems to last. Usually during the winter i get dry flakey skin, but not this winter thanks to this lotion. Feels nice too. It might be a little too heavy for summer...not sure yet, but so far so good.

on 3/10/2008 2:27:00 PM

A light-weight lotion that works! I got 2-pack bottles from costco for less than $15. I leave one at work so I can easily keep my hands soft after i wash my hands frequently. It's so light yet moisturizing.

This doesn't really smell like anything to me, I don't know what others are smelling? There's a very faint (oatmeal, maybe) smell, but it doesn't linger on your skin at all. This lotion is not thin (Suave lotions) nor thick (regular Nivea lotion), but a good in-between. It provides long-lasting moisturization, though I don't feel like it lasts a whole 24 hours like others have mentioned. I have sensitive legs and this product doesn't irritate them at all.