Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/29/2002 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice morning cleanser. It's very soothing and doesn't dry out my skin. I wouldn't use it at night to remove makeup, but overall it's a good cleanser. I like the fact that it isn't fragranced.

on 12/27/2002 3:10:00 PM

Not gentle enough for me, unfortunately. It's a decent cleanser and I can use it occasionally in the summer when my skin isn't so dry, but even then I can't use it for more than a week or two at time. It dries out my skin too much. I prefer PC Skin Recovery Cleanser or, from the drugstore, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser.

on 12/27/2002 10:57:00 AM

I liked it ok, though it kinda made my face feel tight and just a tad dried out. I have found other products that work better though.

on 12/23/2002 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have given Cetaphil at least four tries and I'm convinced that this stuff does not clean my face. I used it in the shower and rinsed it off with plenty of water but after a couple of weeks of using this I had terrible breakouts, which are very unusual for me.

The search for the perfect cleanser continues ... continued >>

on 12/20/2002 8:06:00 AM

this clogged my pores. paula's choice version is better imho.

on 12/19/2002 8:17:00 PM

Cetaphil Ingredients:

My oily/combo skin did not feel thoroughly clean after rinsing. It's ok for the price and it is very gentle to the skin...I will probably use it when my skin feels drier. I use minimal makeup (suncreen, mineral make up, lipstick, and a light coat of mascara) ususally, and it can't remove it fully.

UPDATE***Mixing a bit of baking soda or sugar to this make a world of difference. It even removed my makeup fairly well! I probably won't repurchase because I love trying other things. I really love cleansing oils now.

on 12/18/2002 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm rating this as a hand cleanser, as that's what many dermatologists recommend it for. For those whose hands are too sensitive for detergent soaps and harsh antibacterial formulas, this is a great option. It's a bit on the expensive side for such use, but it's worth it in protecting your hands against eczema.

on 12/16/2002 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. Very gentle but thorough. Hint--buy the drugstore equivalent-usually placed right next to the actual Cetaphil on the shelf. They're the same product and cheaper! Good winter skin-saving product. :-)

on 12/15/2002 4:03:00 AM

Great gentle cleanser, would be for sensitive skin. Only I don't use it for that, I would though. I have found a great use for it as an anti dandruff hair product! If you have dandruff or Psorasis, it is great to put this on, and leave on for a few hours or overnight with a shower cap, it will soften, or loosen up the flakes, then you can wash it out in the morning. Works as a mild shampoo for someone with psorasis, or gentle face cleanser, really softens skin or scalp!

on 12/14/2002 6:29:00 PM

This product was really good and it didn't make me break out. The only thing was that it didn't remove all of my makeup. I prefer using the bar instead. It lathers really well and makes my skin feel "cleaner". This product didn't make my skin feel as fresh and clean.