Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/21/2003 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Let me just say I hate Cetaphil. My skin is combo. but in the winter it gets exceptionally dry and sometimes even chapped so I don't like to use a strong face wash. But this didn't do a thing for me it made my skin feel oily and still dirty, and didn't get off any makeup or anything. Would not recommend as a cleanser.

on 1/21/2003 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is an OKAY product for very dry skin *which I have*. It is very non-irritating and does not have a fragrance to it..but I found that my skin didn't feel properly cleaned or hydrated after using this product.

on 1/21/2003 11:52:00 AM

I have been told by multiple dermatologists to try Cetaphil "Gentle" skin cleanser for my ultra-senstitive facial skin. Everytime they mention the name, I cringe knowing that I have just wasted my time: Cetaphil contains the harshest ingredients that skincare can contain- just do some research on the ingredients and you'll see! The "gentle" cleansing agent in Cetaphil is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, possibly one of the harshest chemicals that you could put on your face! MSDS sheets warn that people handling this chemical should wear gloves and avoid contact with skin!! All in all, I tried Cetaphil several times, and each time it burned my face and left it blotchy and dry! Stay away from this if you have rosacea and TRULY sensitive skin!

I really love this cleanser! It takes some time getting used to, since it doesn't leave you with that "squeaky clean" feeling I got to have in a cleanser. I use a face brush to wash w/ this and it seems to help.

I love it as a MU remover too! Works really great! This is a great cleanser for winter time.

(I have combo skin)

on 1/18/2003 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was an ok face wash but not great for acne prone skin or for oily skin.

on 1/15/2003 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It smells bad and doesn't clean my make-up off. No good for oily skin either.

on 1/15/2003 12:29:00 AM

This is okay stuff, but the smell was so bad I threw it out a few days after I got it. The scent is overkill, it is way too strong. So I definately suggest you smell before you buy!

on 1/14/2003 2:27:00 PM

This cleanser is perfect for my tempermental, mostly dry, skin. It leaves my face soft and supple. I think it's one of those cases where less is more, and I'm finally starting to learn I don't have to overstrip my skin in order for it to be clean. Seems pricy at first, but the large pump bottle lasts about a year.

on 1/11/2003 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This wash left my skin feeling really tight & dry. Yuck!

on 1/9/2003 3:25:00 PM

This is very good for my ultra sensitive and dry skin. I use it without water for the driest days. During regular days, when i wash my face in the morning, i wet my face, put a dad of cetaphil in my hand, add a tiny bit of baking soda, and make a scrub. It's quick, cheap as heck, and leaves my skin very soft and glowingly smooth. PS: i only use it in the morning because it does not take off my makeup.