Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Menthol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Red 6, Red 33, Violet 2

on 6/18/2007 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It contains alcohol and menthol, which makes it too irritating and drying.

on 6/17/2007 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'll admit it. I got sucked into the 3-step system. I love the mild bar soap, and the Dramatically Different lotion and gel are nice. But this toner is awful! It smells very strongly of alcohol, and that alone irritates both my eyes and nose. It tingles when you use it (it also contains menthol), which I found unpleasant. I'd much rather pay less money and get Nivea's Alcohol Free Toner, or even Neutrogena, which I sometimes find pricey. This is a total waste of money unless you have really tolerant skin. Definitely will not buy again!

on 6/17/2007 3:05:00 AM

This toner will clean your skin, but so will a bottle of alcohol if you can deal with the drying effects. The "tingling feeling that tells you it's working," as the label says, is the same tingling feeling you get with alcohol. When I returned it I told the salesgirl it has too much alcohol (it's the first ingredient listed and from the smell of it I think it makes up 70% of the product), anyways she told me it was the witch hazel. Yeah - I don't think so! I've used witch hazel toners and they don't smell or dry your skin out like this stuff!

on 6/9/2007 11:20:00 AM

This has a strong alcohol odor and related sting on the skin. It works ok as a toner and did not dry my combo skin out. I would not repurchase simply because there are so many other better toners out there.

on 6/4/2007 10:14:00 PM

Oh my, how my opinion has changed on this product. I used to hate it, but could not stop trying it out. NOW I have found the secret......moderation. I started using the whole 3-step after deciding my skin was not actually oily (I thought it was because I have breakout issues) but dry. I use the mild soap (liquid at the sink and the bar in the shower), #2 toner, and the DDML. After the soap I only use the #2 toner on areas of breakout and a patch of acne scars (flat discoloration marks- not the crater-like kind). After 2 weeks the scars are lightening, the flaky patches are smoothing out, and the breakouts are minimized considerably. People either love Clinique or hate it.....I must admit I am now a convert. give it a try; they now have a much better sample selection.

on 6/2/2007 11:37:00 AM

This is the second step of the famous Clinique 3 step skincare program. .

First of all, what I don't like about this product is the terrible alcohol smell. It's awful! The tingle sensation is okay, I can deal with that but overall not a good product. Sure it does clean your face but alchol cannot be good for your skin. It's the worst toner I have tried so far. It leaves my skin feeling very dry, so dry that I need to put on a mositurizer asap. I would definitely not repurchase. The 3 step program did not "wow" me.

For reference: My skin is normal to dry. I don't have sensitive skin.

continued >>

on 5/29/2007 11:15:00 PM

I like this toner a lot. I love the refreshing tingle that it imparts on my combo-oily skin. It cleans my face well and is cheap. I don't mind that it has alcohol as I actually prefer that for extra cleaniless. Too bad it doesn't keep my face matte for very long. I use this in conjunction with the CL#3. All in all a great refreshing toner, and it lasts forever. Will repurchase as it works well and is widely available. My skin isn't sensitive so I can tolerate this daily. FYI: Used it on my BF and it burned his face so if you're sensitive, stay far away!

on 5/28/2007 2:11:00 AM

great. i m using clinique produrct for 3 years. start by 3 step basic. however, this is the perfect toner i have been used for.

on 5/21/2007 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this product for years, although I only use it a couple of times a week to "deep clean". It really gets every little bit of leftover makeup/grime out of your skin. I use it on my two little boys' skin once or twice a month to get the dirt out. They love it. I don't think I'd use it every day, although it's tempting to get my face really clean. I'd rather keep it hydrated! My skin is very, very sensitive. Facialists notice rather quickly. This stuff does not irritate my skin, but again, I use it only twice a week.

on 5/7/2007 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i used this religiously for about 2 years night and day, convinced it was doing me good. but it doesnt its a pointless product. its just alcohol, why would you wanna do that to your skin, it will dull out and dry out your skin. i like clinique stuff a lot, but dont buy in to this, its crap. i would use it again but not on a daily basis like they suggest, maybe once in a while on a deep cleanse and exfoliate day or something, but thats it.