Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is a joke. LOL Yes it does control oil and it is 100% matte. But it is super unnatural and cakey. I would rather blot my face a few times a day then to look made up and super unnatural. Coverage is high. The HD foundation on the other hand is not too bad. But unsuitable for oily skin.

on 4/25/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation!
It's easy to apply, the coverage is smooth and 'velvety', it mattifies my terribly oily skin, and lasts pretty much the whole day!
I do get a bit of a shine at the end of the day, but it seems more like a healthy shine rather than an oily shine.
I'll definitely buy it again and again!

on 4/24/2011 7:27:00 PM

this foundation gives great coverage with a matte finish but it could get cakey sometimes. I like how it lasts for a long time (7-8 hours+) but for some reason i don't reach for this product a lot

on 4/23/2011 10:59:00 AM

I purchased this item because mac and studio gear make up got super oily by half the day. Mac even made me break out with a few itchy pimple like cyst .Im giving this a 3 because it does keep you from getting oily however I did look too dry and got small bumps all over my cheeks . The texture is gritty and not very velvet at all. I returned this after 3 days and visited the Laura mercier counter at nordstrom . My skin cleared in one day so it def was the foundation. If you re looking to just avoid out skin this would work but for over all complexion, I'd look elsewhere. I'd recommend Laura mercier 100%

on 4/21/2011 1:01:00 AM

After trying many foundations for my oily and acne prone skin, this seems to work the best. It lasts on my skin for a few hours before I need to touch up. It has moderate coverage, just enough to not use concealer (besides under eyes). I apply with MAC 187 and set with MUFE HD powder and touch up on the powder a few times a day. I don't like that by the end of the day, it seems to oxidize and things aren't covered so well. But it's quite good considering it hasn't broken me out after months of use and the bottle is lasting quite a long time. It has made me stay as matte as ever over other foundations; however, I do blot quite a few times a day. Would repurchase unless I find a better one.

on 4/19/2011 12:19:00 PM

Good product.
Pros:
great coverage, but do not look too fake - use just a little
price is reasonable
does not give me break-outs

Cons:
A bit too heavy in summer

on 4/19/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a very good, long wearing, medium to full coverage foundation that lasts me all day, controls oil and looks beautiful on.

Personally, I don't like such heavy coverage for day time wear but for evenings (especially when there is drinking and dancing (and sweating) to be had!) and the last thing I want to worry about is touch ups, this is perfect.

This is a fuller coverage than HD, so much so that I don't even need concealer (and I have pretty dark shadows under my eyes and in the corners by my nose). It sets beautifully with HD powder or is actually fine alone without being set.

This hid my pore issues very well and didn't accentuate any fine lines while controling oil.

Like I said above, for me it's too much for daytime but for evenings out it's great!

My skin is very temperamental so I do change foundations often . I am probably one of the very few people who has very dry skin and gets along great with this foundation. I moisturise heavily so often find that due to this, moisturizing foundations, or maybe ones designed for dry skin, slide right off my face. This however, gets along great with my moisturiser and primer and sits nicely on my face. I love to look dewy but not wet, so this is just right for me.

If you are dry and wanting to use it, always exfoliate the night before and moisturise, and then moisturise again the next morning before application. FYI, Origins Vitazing moisturiser works really well with the matifying of the foundation.

As for the price, I'm in the UK where it's very hard to find, I found a place in London who sell to make up artists and the public, I picked this and another shade up all for about £48.

on 4/16/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Finally a liquid that does not make me look like a grease ball a couple hours later after applying! You have to get used to the spreadability of it but I really like its coverage. It also looks very natural on. I always get nice comments on my skin when I wear this and my skin is not that nice! I have acne and acne scars and it covers them well. I always see that people complain that its drying on their skin, my advice, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE OILY SKIN THIS FOUNDATION IS NOT FOR YOU! I think some people think they have oily skin when really they don't, the problem may be they are drying their face out with to much with products and not properly moisturizing and then their face compensates by sending more oil to their face...

on 4/7/2011 5:53:00 PM

This is an awful foundation. Very hard to blend, which totally accuntates any dry flakes, looks horrible, chalky and unnatural, for 25 quid you dont get a lot in the bottle either, doesnt cover anything as its meant to be full coverage! Ive only worn it once for a few hours so I cant comment on its lasting ability but it does give a very matte finish