Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 3/4/2011 9:53:00 PM

So far this is my favourite dry shampoo. I tried the Toni and Guy one but it was harder to brush out and left a strong scent. The scent of Batiste (original) is nothing to be excited about but doesn't stay around too long anyway. I have black hair with violet extensions and I straighten and use the usual array of heat protectors and moisturisers. I normally wash every 3 days, but this lets me get another day between washes and is great for those days when you need to look professional and neat quickly.

I find that it gives quite a lot of volume. I find that as long as I spray in sections and lightly I don't get any grey hue to my hair. The aim is to lightly and evenly mist through the roots and any greasy parts without allowing it to build up in any one area. I find it best to do a second application if needed than to apply heavily. I find my fringe gets particularly greasy from my foundation and constantly running my fingers through it, and this works a treat to get me out the door quickly. I do manage to coat my bathroom, brush etc in white powder, so it's probably best to use this before getting dressed.

on 3/3/2011 10:22:00 AM

I have mid back length highlighted curly hair that I straighten. Straightening takes a loooong time and damages my hair so I try to go as long as I can between washings to limit the damage. I have a really oily scalp though so generally after one day my roots start to look oily and clump together. A couple quick sprays of this and a brush out later and my hair looks fresh and clean. My only complaint is that it gives my a hair a ton of volume which some would consider a plus but I prefer a more sleek look.

on 2/26/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Really good dry shampoo. It gives my hair an extra day between washes. Smells ok. I've re-purchased again and again.

on 2/21/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! I buy the 'blush' kind as it smells nicer. I have super oily hair so i use this every other day to keep my hair looking fresh. I spray it on the sides and underneath so when i tie my hair back the greasy bits underneath look refreshed. It doesnt leave a white powder residue which many others do and its pretty cheap, less than 2 quid. I have long hair so it runs out quite quickly but its great for a quick refresh in the morning if you arent washing your hair and you can also buy it in travel size which is great for weekends away or to keep in your handbag incase you end up staying out unexpectedly!
I have dark brown hair and it still workd brilliant for me although you can buy it especially for brunettes, havent tried it yet though.

on 2/21/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only found one place that sells this product, which is a bit frustrating because I love this. When I first saw the size of the bottle I was really worried that I wouldn't get many uses out of it and the price bothered me, too. The price is cheaper then other dry shampoos out there. I have gotten many uses from my first bottle. I was worried that I would have trouble with the product being white and I having dark hair, but I have had no trouble. I like how I have to barely press the nozzle to get the product onto my hair and I only need to use a few sprays. I have the type of hair that gets too oily after 24 hours and this product is great. It dries very quickly for me and as long as I brush it out well my hair looks how it looks once it dries after being washed. That's what really gets me and I love it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have tried at least 7-8 other dry shampoos all in varying sizes, prices exc. and this is the only dry shampoo I will buy from here on out. The different smells just depend on your own personal preferences. I tend to gravitate toward the blush...but the product is the perfect price, doesn't leave the "grey cast" on my light brown hair and keeps my style looking completely fresh on the day after washing. I actually prefer my hair the day after I shampoo now and I never thought that was possible.

on 2/13/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My fave dry shampoo! Althought I haven't really used a lot of any other dry shampoos but why fix something that's not broken? Haha.. I've tried the baby powder.. but I wasn't impressed with the results. I also tried the Sally's Beauty Rock On dry shampoo.. hate the smell! I have tried the original and the blush from Batiste.. I'm not a fan of the original because of the scent.. but I do like the blush one.. I would love to try the other scents but cannot find them anywhere! But yeah.. Been using Batiste Blush for more than a year and it's definitely a keeper! (=

Another positive review for this stuff. I've previously tried the tresseme dry shampoo (which didnt do anything) and baby powder, which left me with a white-ish cast to my roots. This works so much better than either of those. My roots tend to get oily between washes but I can just spray a bit of this on them and you can't even tell!! It's oil absorbing so it somewhat volumizes my hair too. I can go about 2 days without washing my hair. My hair is blonde and it leaves no residue or white-ish color to my hair. I have the original kind in the green can and I don't really like the scent of it, but it doesn't linger for long after you spray it. A little goes a long way with this stuff. I find if I use too much my hair tends to feel dry and powdery. Its pretty cheap too at about $6 or $7 at Sallys. I'll definetly continue to repurchase.

on 2/7/2011 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My hair is a pretty bright colour and this doesn't leave me with that odd grey/white powdery look, i use this on my roots as my hair gets greasy so quickly and it also smells gorgeous too, get it!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried loads of different dry shampoos in hopes of finding one that I love that that does not leave my black hair with the infamous "grey cast". After my years of searching I have found the best dry shampoo around.

Batiste is my HG dry shampoo. I can spray this on to my roots and fringe bangs give it a quick and thorough run through with my fingers and be on my way. I make sure I rub it in good so the product doesn't sit on top of my hair and cause the grey effect. With others prior to Batiste no matter how much I would rub or brush it in, the "grey" would always be there. It soaks up any oil and gives me the perfect amount of volume. I have it in the Blush and Tropical scents and like them both. It gets the job done and doesn't leave an awful grey cast in my black hair. I will never purchase another and thankfully I can get Batiste for relatively cheap. :) I would highly highly recommend this product to someone looking for a good dry shampoo especially anyone with dark hair.

Top Rated Batiste Products