Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 2/9/2008 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing exfoliator, once you get comfortable with it. The product is in form of a powder which is activated once mixed with water. This exfoliator is free of granules, is very gentle on the skin and never stings or scratches.

Instructions: wet hands and face, then put a tea spoon on the palm of the hand and mix it with some warm water till it feels like a paste. You need this to spread on the face with ease but at the same time sit on and not drip off it. Massage it into the skin. You can either rinse with warm water or wait for it to dry such that it can ball up as you rub it in. Continue till the entire thing has come off. Then rinse with warm water.

The result is nothing short of remarkable. The skin feels clean, soft and glows as if it was polished. I expect this product to last me around 6-12 months.

Note: If you find that this product breaks you out, it is probably not the ingredients. Exfoliating removes dead skin and in some people breaks down the skin's defence, making it very vulnerable to break-outs. That is related to your skin defence and not whether your skin is dry or oily. Sadly, I am one of those people with weak skin defence and any good exfoliator breaks me out, so I can only use weak exfoliators.

Use less frequently, use antibacterial face wash or Neutrogena Rapid wipes afterwards to reduce break-outs.

on 2/8/2008 7:38:00 PM

This product is awesome. I use a very strong retinol cream at night, so I needed a scrub that was very gentle. This is about as gentle as it gets, yet somehow really exfoliates your skin. This is one product that actually does what it says on the bottle. I feel that it has really cleared up uneven patches on my skin, and I credit it with actually giving me what is close to "good skin". (I have always had issues with my skin). I do notice that if I stop using it for a while, my skin goes back to being dull. So.....I know that daily microfoliant is what is making my skin more glowy and healthy.

on 2/6/2008 2:55:00 AM

i've been using this products for a few years now. I leave it in my shower and use it every morning...I love that it is gentle enough that I can use it everyday. it leaves my face feeling smooth. (I don't use it the day after I use Dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliant, which is about one a month)

Packaging-when i first started keeping it in the shower i was pouring it in my hand and would let it touch, thus getting the lip of the jar wet. This caused the powder to clog up in the inside, but after I let it dry out it was fine again. Now i'm just careful not to let my hand touch it when pouring.

on 2/3/2008 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Daily Microfoliant. It has improved my skin so much. I use Cetaphil face cleanser for normal to oily skin, this, Differin if I have a breakout, and a light face cream. My skin is nearly perfect now, and Daily Microfoliant is what's making it so glowy and clear.

on 1/30/2008 8:22:00 AM

I did like this product and it did improve the texture of my skin with prolonged use. It did not help with my open pores though and have found Elemis Tri-Enzyme cleanser to be a better, more effective product.
I also wasn't keen on the packaging. I accidently got some water into the product when using it in the shower. The powder went sort of claggy and started to smell. Ooops.
I won't buy this again as the Elemis cleanser is better for my skin type.

on 1/26/2008 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My gosh is this stuff amazing...you get a huge bottle for 49 bucks, a bit pricey but I think this one of the top exfoliators out there. You just pour a small amount of this powder in your hands, mix it with water or your favorite cleanser and scrub away. It left my skin feeling so soft and smooth and glowy! For those who want to get rid of acne scars, age spots, pregnancy spots etc. you must def. use this 2-3 times a wk along with the daily resurfacer and a good lightening cream or gel like Murad's Age Spot pigment lightening gel. Anyways, love this stuff!

on 1/25/2008 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been using the Dermalogica Microfoliant for about 1.5 years twice a day at the suggestion of my facialist - what a GREAT product. It is so gentle and never has irritated my skin once. I used once AM and once PM - and it keeps my skin as soft as the day of a facial. The product is pricey - but when you factor in that one bottle can last up to 6 months if you use a small amount....it really is a wonderful price. I am not keen on the packaging - if you use in the shower, water can get in there and completely ruin the powder! I will often leave on my skin for a minute or two to help with additional brightening!! LOVE it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a great exfoliator. I started off using it every day, but scaled back to every other day because it was drying my skin out a little (I also use Retin-A). After cleansing, I massage this scrub into my skin for a minute or so, then let it sit another couple of minutes before rinsing. I wouldn't say this is a miracle product, but it does leave my skin slightly brighter and much softer than it is with physical exfoliators.

this is a daily scrub but i dont use it daily.scrubbing daily isnt good for skin.very fine and gentle and suitable for sensitive,thin skin.

This is my HG exfoliant. I got turned on to this stuff by accident. I was having horrible skin issues when I worked in a restaurant my senior yr of college and a coworker had just purchased a new bottle from her day spa. She poured a few teaspoons in a small to-go cup and told me my life would never be the same. She was actually right. I have never experienced results like I did that first day. I have never had issues with the graininess. I like to feel it working, I don't mind. And even if I did this is one of the only products I know that I can control the consistency completely. To abrasive, just add more water. My skin has really been challenged over the last few yrs between stress and hormones (pregnancy was harder on my face than anything else) this is one thing I know I can keep tucked in my arsenal. I will continue to repurchase even after I am forced to seek it out on the black market due to it being discontinued. But honestly they'd get quite a bit of hate-mail if they got rid of this jewel!

Popular Scrubs