Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 7/14/2004 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is over priced junk in my opinion. It's too thick and its super hard to blend b/c it dries so friggin quick. Feels like a mask on top of a mask! I would never wear this again. I didnt use it enough to say if it broke me out or not..but its so thick, it problably would have. I sold mine on ebay...but the lady who bought it told me she liked it. Maybe I wasnt applying it right. I dont know...but I thought the coverage was way to thick and it was hard to work with.I tried mixing it with some water, mixing it with a moisterizer, mixing it with witch hazel (I heard it makes foundation thinner), using a sponge...but still, the results were no good...Thumbs up to anyone who could work with this..Needless to say - I wont be buying it again.
continued >>

on 7/12/2004 8:20:00 PM

I'm a daily foundation wearer and I've used up 3 bottles of this foundation nonconsistently within 3 years. I've come to disliking it after finding a better foundation like "Almay Long Lasting" foundation. This "Revlon Colorstay" foundation was too thick for me. I have large pores and acne prone skin and this foundation enhanced the visibility of the pores. It is a good coverage foundation, but it is hard to apply. It does not blend in well when applying it and drys too quick to blend it in well. Worst of all it stays looking cakey and it made me break out. I realized recently that it was this foundation that was making me break out alot when I used it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this product. If you are looking for total coverage, this is certainly the product for you. One of the major cons about this item is that it is a little thick. It will definitly stay on all day, and it isn't cakey.

on 7/3/2004 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i go back and forth with this one; i like it and i also like estee's day wear; i am always searching for a makeup that will stay on for a long period of time; this is close-pluses=lots of shades to pick from; cost negatives=hard to blend, can look maskey.

on 7/2/2004 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm confused with this foundation. On certain days, it'll stay on for hours and not get shiny but on others, it'll melt off in an hour. I can't moisturize or wear anything underneath this foundation because it slides right off. I must have extremely oily skin. I also notice this does exactly the opposite of what it claims. About 3 hours later, I notice the shade turns darker. I thought this was called Colorstay for a reason? This is definetly a foundation you have to be careful with. It could look very cakey/chalky if you apply too much. It doesn't look right if you try to 'layer' it...it'll just bunch up and look too obvious. It's great coverage though. I don't even need concealer with it which is a huge plus. I also wouldn't recommend using powder..it'd probobly look very dry and chalky. I use a very, very small amount of powder on my t-zone to set it so it doesn't cake up. I couldn't find my shade so I'm mixing Sand Beige and Nude together and it's just right. I have to wash my face and reapply this about every 6-7 hours...that's probobly the biggest disapointment.

on 6/29/2004 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This stuff hides my mild acne scarring, redness, and undereye circles. My skin stays oil-free for most of the day. Coverage is super-matte, which I adore!

Unlike other reviewers, I find it easy to apply. Just don't put too much on. Apply a thin layer, then apply more with a concealer brush over scars, etc.

I don't think the finish is as stiff and dry as some reviewers say. Still, there are more natural-looking products out there.

on 6/23/2004 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Revlon makes some of the best cosmetics I've ever used, their lipstick, especially. But this review is about Revlon foundation, so I must force myself to stay on the subject. >^_^<

Revlon's ColorStay foundation is awesome stuff. Revlon is the Cadillac of all supermarket cosmetics, if you will. The foundation spreads well, has a nice selection of colors, and STAYS PUT. When you put it on, you actually have to give it a few minutes to dry and set before doing anything else.. but after it sets, it stays. You could do almost anything in this foundation and it wouldn't bother it in the least, and it washes off easily. Definately reccommended.

on 6/21/2004 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received this item in a swap. After the mixed reviews I wasn't sure what to expect but I wanted to give it a try. I have been amazed how well this product works for me. It really stays on, and looks fresh and natural after hours of wear. My face stays matte and there is no smearing or running. It blends well and ofters medium coverage. I love the pump container as it is easier for me to control the amount of foundation I use therefore less waste. This has become one of my HG foundations.

on 6/17/2004 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Hmmm, this is a good foundation for someone who needs light/sheer coverage since this is not a buildable foundation. The color selection is poor (PINK/ORANGE) and for a retail store the price tag is steep although the bottle is bigger than normal. The wide top bottle causes too much to come out and is GLASS so don't drop it on your bathroom floor. For my oily skin w/olive undertones this will not be a re-purchase.

on 5/28/2004 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tried almost every foundation on the market and this one offers one of the best coverages. However, if you don't blend it in super fast, it'll dry in a matter of seconds and good luck trying to get it off. I have combination skin and I'm afraid this foundation dries me out too much. I hate the way my face feels after I apply it. It feels like superglue. I think it'd be a great foundation for those with extremely oily skin but steer clear if you have dry skin. This stuff is so hard to get off...it feels like spackle. I had to wash my face pretty hard 3 or 4 times just to get it off! I don't think i'd repurchase it but since this is the only foundation that covers my blemishes very well, I'm not left with much of a choice. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for a "barely there" look. Meh.

edit: This foundation is strange. It goes on really dry for about the first 2 hours and then after that, I get very oily. Anyone else get a spotty look on their nose? It looks as if the oil seperates the makeup. I can't find a way to prevent it. Darn. I was liking this foundation too..