Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 5/18/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

AWESOME foundation!!

I think this is the best foundation for beginners especially, the texture is SO different from traditional liquid foundations and is so great. It's kind of this gel texture that blends seamlessly into the skin. This is the best part about the foundation!! It really gives quite flawless coverage.

The coverage is light-medium and buildable, but I generally think it's better to use foundation as just the base and to use concealor to cover up areas - so that you don't have to cake on foundation. It comes out of the bottle looking a little on the grey side, but I haven't found this to be a problem (I am a Mac NC20 and use 54 Beige, perfect color match).

I have oily skin and I think it lasts pretty much all day, I've never had a huge problem with it sliding off my face yet. It will get oily quicker though so keep some oil blotters or tissues around.

Other benefits: It smells quite nice and fruity, and the pump bottle is awesome!

In conclusion: Great texture and finish, good colour match for me, decent coverage, lasts quite long, reasonable price. MUST TRY.

on 5/17/2012 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i can't believe i'm going to write this, but for someone like me who has extremely dry skin, this goes on even better than the bourjois healthy mix serum gel foundation. i bought that initially several months ago because i figured it would be more moisturising, and it definitely was. i think that foundation is excellent. however i do find the finish i can get with the original healthy mix is slightly better (the serum can look a little too shiny on me sometimes) and there's more coverage as well. i've got acne scarring and while the serum evened out the skin tone, i found myself wishing it had a bit more oomph.

the healthy mix is absolutely lovely to apply (i use a damp sponge). like the serum, i appreciate that it's more yellow toned and doesn't go down the pinky-peach undertones route that other drug store foundations do. but the shade selection sucks just as badly; i'm more of a 51.5 than either a 51 or 52, so i bought a 52 and mix it with a bit of the serum i bought in 51 and it's perfect. i would say the foundation is easily built up to good medium coverage, which is exactly where i like it. it's never even come close to looking cakey on me, but i haven't tried layering it for full coverage. the smell isn't as prominent as in the serum, but it's still nice and i don't find it unpleasant.

on my dry skin it would easily last 8 hours but for more oily skins it may not work as well. i do still powder over the top but unlike the serum, i don't think it necessarily needs it. it is so completely absorbed by the skin that it doesn't even look like foundation, and while it's semi-matte it still gives a really healthy glow. i love this shit so much, it's worth giving a go if you're stuck with finding a foundation that works for you.

on 5/5/2012 9:33:00 AM

Gives my skin a lovely glow which i love but unfortunately doesn't offer the amount of coverage i need. To get the coverage i want i have to really layer this foundation and then it tends to look far too orange and i'm using the lightest shade. Another thing i love about this foundation is it doesn't accentuate any dry patches at all, i've put it on this morning without even using a moisturiser/primer underneath and usually with other foundations when i do this the dry areas of my face are really noticable but not with this. Great for dry skin, gives your skin a nice glow and reasonably priced but if you're looking for something with a bit more coverage i'd invest in a good concealer to go with it or buy a foundation with more coverage.

on 4/30/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The color I used: 54 Beige
I like this foundation, but for my oily skin, I need a lot of powder to set the foundation, even in winter.
Totally recommend if you have dry or combination skin, but it's a so-so foundation for oily skin I will say. But the coverage it offered is good. I use it when it is not so high humidity in my city. Bought this for HKD149, not cheap but also not expensive.

on 4/30/2012 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay, I must start of by saying that I have pretty oily skin, prone to blemishes around my chin area. So, I needed a little bit of coverage, just to camouflage that, but I still wanted my foundation to look natural, so I bought the Bourjois Helathy Mix in 52 Vanilla. At first, I loved it, it had a gorgeous smell to it, it blended perfectly, looked flawless and natural... But then I started noticing that it caused me new breakouts... I was very dissapointed... I wish that they didn't put that much perfume in it... I have heard the same complaints from other girls... Stupid perfumes...
Otherwise, it would have been the perfect foundation, with just the right amount of coverage... So, if you aren't sensitive to perfumes, and not super oily, this would be an amazing foundation for you, but otherwise I would suggest you to skip it...

on 4/29/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have terribly dry skin, so dry that when I was trying to get matched up to a foundation, the makeup artist couldn't tell because my skin was so flaky. After investing into a good moisturiser,my skin is nolonger flaky but can still get quite dry if not properly cared for.
One thing that i was looking out for when buying a new foundation was that it needed to be of a dewy or satin finish and hydrating. After a very long search i came up with the MAC face and body and this bourjois healthy mix for a drugstore alternative. Mac's face and body is quite moisturising but gives barely any coverage. The Bourjois Healthy Mix however, is great for people with dry skin who want medium coverage.
This works great with a stippling brush, say, a Mac 187 brush.The pump is really easy to use and the packaging is pretty sturdy. With one pump I achieve a pretty 'glow' with medium coverage. Another great thing about this foundation is that it dries relatively quickly, not too quick, but it gives you enough time to work it in, this makes it really easily buildable. the one con i have is that, you can't wear this one without some sort of long lasting base, because it wears off in like 4 hours without a base.

on 4/29/2012 6:54:00 AM

Love the coverage! A little really does go a long way! Although if you're used to applying 4 dots around your face like me then you will probably end up with a caked orange face.

I bought the lightest shade and one of my friends pointed out that I resembled fanta! So not to sure of its blending capabilities! It does however leave skin feeling soft and more radiant!

on 4/28/2012 6:58:00 AM

this foundation is amazing! it looks so natural, yet has a great coverage and finish! looks like skin, but perfected. Slightly-dewy finish. the packaging is great! the pump is easy to use, the plastic bottle is very durable and the foundation rises as you go through it so you use every last drop of product. It also smells AMAZING! you do need a good setting powder with this however, and I probably wouldn't reccomend it for the super oily skin. All in all though, a fantastic foundation!

on 4/24/2012 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A pretty good foundation! i am NC20-25. I actually mix 51 and 53 together to get my shade! I usually have problems with finding the right shade.

I actually prefer the plastic packaging as its easy to carry around (as opposed to a heavy glass bottle!).

Defo need to apply powder ontop. Good for those with dry skin, but does play up ur oily t-zone.

I used to use the Maybelline Mineral Liquid Foundation, which got discontinued!!! I have no idea why, but was very upsetting!!! Anyway, this is a good replacement. Generally it lasts about 6 hours, although i have worn for longer.

Medium coverage, good everyday foundation, pleasent smell. I have sensitive skin, so defo suits me pretty well! Also doesnt break me out. Love this product! Will defo be repurchasing. Just hope they do not discontinue this!!!!!!!!!

on 4/22/2012 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation at the €16 I paid for it, but I usually buy quite cheap foundations.
When I first applied I thought it would be too pale (Shade 42 Vanilla) but it's actually quite a good match for my fair-medium skin. It smells quite pleasant too, not too chemical.
As I have combination skin, I start to get oily around my t-zone after a few hours and I have to blot and powder half way through the day.
As for coverage, I would say it's on the fuller side of medium, and very buildable.
It covers spots quite well and gives a very nice finish. My skintone is quite red and blotchy but this foundation evens it out nicely. I have several reasonably dark acne scars around my jaw, which show through after a while. However I don't bother with concealer, so I'm sure scarring could be completely hidden if concealer was used.
Overall, I think this is a very good quality foundation. Not the best if you have very oily skin, but the coverage is good and it's very easy to apply.
I would recommend this for normal to dry skin, and I would definitely buy again if my skin was a little less oily.

Video Reviews & Tutorials