Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 2/10/2011 9:01:00 PM

Lancome Ultra
Lancome Freshwear
Stilla One Step
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light

I was about to give up and settle with Double Wear because it was the better of the bunch, but still not a fantasic foundation. I just happened to ask for a sample in the Double Wear light, as one final attempt to find the perfect foundation and I am so thankful I did. I LOVE THIS STUFF. So much that I am writing this review, which I never do. (sorry!! because I totally rely on all of your reviews!). Here are the reasons I love it:

- Does not oxidize - The color I apply in the morning, is the same color I take off at night. I have never had a foundation that doesnt darken or change as the day goes on.
- Is not cakey or masklike, like the regular Double Wear
- Cannot see it, but covers reddness/blemishes really well (and I have a lot of both). Because of all the foundations I've sampled, I have major breakouts everywhere but yet today when I wore this with my Jane Iredale conceler, my skin looked flawless.
- Does not feel like I am wearing foundation, and doesn't make my skin itch, irritated, or feel gross
- long lasting. I took my son swimming today, in a muggy indoor pool, and it still looks good tonight.
- The color is the best shade i've ever found for my skin tone (1.0). I'm lighter skin with freckles and redness, but use Clarins sunless tanner on my face and neck.
- Is not too pink or too yellow
- So far, it hasn't made me break out which is amazing because i have super sensitve skin.
- Photographs amazingly well, not like Double Wear which looked terrible (think, photographs while wearing mineral makeup).

If your still unsure, ask for a sample and try it out! I hope that you love it as much as I do.

on 2/7/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dry - combo skin and this product isn't good to me. On my skin it looks very dry especially on my cheeks cause my T zone is more oily than the rest of the face. I had a sample, I wouldn't buy this.
If this would have more dewy finish, I would love it cause it stays on the skin all day long perfectly and covers blemishes good.

on 2/7/2011 9:37:00 AM

Not particularly buildable, and medium coverage means that this foundation is not enough to cover acne, scarring or redness. Additionally, it accentuated my pores, and the colour match was not exact. Can accentuate dry skin also. However, I did like the fact that it was extremely lightweight and felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup.

on 2/4/2011 1:44:00 AM

I re4ally like the original double wear but it was breaking me out so I've decided to give this one a try. Lovely EL SA suggested that I should try a sample first before buying it bacuse it is quite different from DW original and gave me 10-day supply.

This foundation is one of the worst foundations I've tried. There was barely any coverage (a bit better than tinted moisturiser), it felt heavy on my skin and my face looked very shiny and greasy. I've applied Studio Fix over the top to swet it and build more coverage and went to work...3 hours later it started wearing off in places and looking patchy...it supposed to be long-wearing transfer-proof foundation!!!!

on 2/2/2011 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a year ago after hearing so many raves about it. Im always on the hunt for a good foundation for my oily skin. The SA sold me #1 ... which turned out to be way to pink on me and we cant return cosmetics here. Not only was it way to pink Im nc15 for refrence, it didnt last at all on my oily skin even over primer and set with powder it just melted off my face with the oil. i was a oily mess . Very dissapointed in this product and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily skin, The Normal Double wear works so much better for me.

on 2/2/2011 7:26:00 AM

My favorite foundation is ELDW and I was very happy when they came up with the light version as ELDW is on the heavy side. However I don't like this product. I don't like the coverage and price wise is not the cheapest foundation either. It didn't last even 3 hours on my skin. I think there are some many DS the same or better quality than this one.

on 2/2/2011 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this product! My skin is not acne prone or sensitive and is quite clear. I have more issues with uneven skin tone. I loved doublewear but found it far too heavy for me so was delighted when they released this. Much sheerer although covers well, easy to blend, the staying power is as good as doublewear. Have worn this is hot and humid conditions and it stays well. Did not become dry on my combination skin. Is classed as "photo-friendly" and that is definately true. The one thing I dislike and I am deducting a lippie for is that there is definately not enough product in the tube and it seems to run out very quickly.

on 2/1/2011 8:06:00 PM

I love this foundation. It gives light coverage; yet is perfect to give me an even skin tone, concealing dark under eye circles, and other marks. I have oily skin, however I did not find this product to make my skin look oily at the end of the day, as opposed to Chanel's pro lumiere liquid foundation did. Intensity 4.0 is perfect for an Indian skin tone.

I would highly recommend this foundation!

on 2/1/2011 8:04:00 PM

I would highly recommend this foundation!

on 1/31/2011 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the original doublewear quite often and was looking for a lighter alternative so I jumped at the chance to try this. My ideal foundation shade is doublewear intensity 2 in Fresco and the SA told me that shade 2 in doublewear light would be exactly the same given the lighter coverage, but I don't agree at all now that i've tried it. Although this is sold as a neutral shade I find it to be very yellow toned and it leaves me with an unnatural sallow look to my skin. The product does what it promises and stays on all day but I find that my pores look a little larger and settles into the fine lines under my eyes after an hour or so. Pretty disappointing considering the high price - I really don't think that this is anything special.