Cover Girl Simply Ageless

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain: Iron Oxides, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

on 1/28/2009 11:02:00 AM

I know people hate the packaging of this, what with the clumsy twist off cap but it is kind of nice to have the foundation and the sponge self-contained for my purse (the applicator sponge in housed in the bottom). I did the same thing as everyone else; I bought the light color I was used to buying with other foundations and when I put it on I looked like one of the vampires in Twilight. But Ulta refunded my money and the next shade was a perfect match. I really like the coverage and consistency so I'd say this is a good foundation for older skin.

on 1/26/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging wasn't that hard for me to figure out how to work - but I'm a pretty analytical person. I also agree the pkg colors are too light for the actual product I'm Asian and I first bought 230 Warm Beige - way too light and then I bought 245 - Classic Beige - pretty right on for my skin tone. I did not take back the 230 -Warm Beige - I use it as a highlighter for under my eyes and create a line down my nose and blend it w/ the 245 Classic Beige.

I used to use Bare Minerals and Pur - but now that I'm getting older - I don't like how it enhances the wrinkles - thought this cream base was a better for reducing the visibility of wrinkles! Makes the skin look dewey rather than dried out.

on 1/26/2009 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this product. I have a very hard time keeping my extremely dry skin hydrated without over doing it. I have tried almost everything out there. This really makes my skin look smooth and I no longer worry about moisturizing. Holds up through long days. You do need to go a shade or two darker than usual. Great coverage. I have been a member on this site for a while now and this is the first product to make me feel compelled to write a review.

editing: after a few days of wearing it, it really did start to look aweful out in the daylight and showed off every pore. It was better when I wet the sponge but still not real happy with product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Either you love this product or hate it. No in betweens.

I actually really like this product, despite the horrible packaging. Twisting it upside down? First of all, I'm no idiot, but it took me forever to figure out how to open this darn thing. But at least it is compact.

I have the color soft honey since I'm olive toned and usually tan.
Even though I have oily skin, it works. The coverage is good and it goes on silky smooth.

It doesn't last too long though....for a cheapy, it can used as a good concealer, and I duest my minerals on top.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am surprised by the hate for this foundation. It's not HG, but then again, I prefer liquids. I will say that it's the best creme foundation I have ever used;) I usually wear the lightest shade in CG, 205 Ivory. But I went w/ 210 b/c of the Olay. The shade is a nice match. I don't like the included sponge, so I use my own disposable wedge. I dampen that w/ water, then apply the creme. (This keeps me from applying too thick). It gives smooth, even medium coverage. I don't find it to be drying at all (much unlike L'Oreal's craptastic new creme). I use this when I am in a hurry, and don't want to put much effort into my makeup. The container is fine, imo. But I can see why some would prefer a flip-top instead of a twist-off. *Edit: I ended up getting the 205 to mix w/ 210 for a better match. Hope they tweak the colors and improve the packaging....

on 1/18/2009 2:37:00 PM

This is the worst. Very drying foundation, but it's supposed to be for dry mature skin.

on 1/14/2009 9:51:00 PM

I have been wearing the lightest shade of Cover Girl foundation since I was 15, 27 years ago, so I assumed it would suit me in this. Girls, it is WHITE. Kabuki theatre, court of Louis IV, Dita Von Teese white. The formula is on the dry side of creamy and floats on top of the skin, which isn't bad, but it is very difficult to blend.

If I liked the formula enough, I would try to find a more suitable shade, but I think I will skip this one.

on 1/14/2009 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the color...not so great. the packaging...who cares? it's a bit heavy for me, so i used it as a concealer, which is fine

on 1/14/2009 6:26:00 AM

I have used CG Advanced Radiance in classic ivory for almost 2 years. It has Oil of Olay product in it too. I bought the Simply Ageless thinking that it must be better, and for mature skin.The color was pasty pale as I bought my regular classic ivory. The packaging is a nightmare as others stated. And I was not impressed at all. I did dust some of my mineral powder over this and blush to add some color but all in all it seemed drying to me, not extra moisturizing. I took it back last night for a refund. I'll stick with the Advanced Radiance as long as it is on the shelf as it looks very good and I just put it on, add some blush and am good to go. If I want more Oil of Olay I'll just buy a bottle and use it before I put on my foundation.

on 1/13/2009 9:58:00 AM

K. I admit the packaging completely is 100% without a doubt terrible with a cap T. I've been wearing Aquasmooth line from CG in the winter cuz their colors tend to run light. I use classic beige (none of the other CG colors work for me in summer). I use Clarin light reflecting foundation in #6 during summer months.

I decided to try this foundation cuz it was a new makeup (of course) being the makeup junkie and always looking for the next best thing I am VERY pleasantly surpised by this foundation. I have gotten numerous complements how I look like I'm glowing and how beautiful my skin looks (which has never happened to me before) so this makeup must be doing something right. It goes on flawlessly and does not settle into fine lines in my forehead and around my eyes.

Love Love Love this product!!!!!. I beleive it's also a treatment product which is great. Oh yes and it has an SPF of 20+. CG's R&D keep up the excellent work but please change the packaging cuz it &*^%'s!!!!

Thanks!