L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 4/9/2011 3:46:00 AM

I picked this up on a whim one day when looking at mascaras. I didn't have high hopes for this, but I ended up liking it more than I thought I would. The applicator is plastic and pretty flexible, which I like. I only use this with intense eye looks because this isn't a natural looking mascara. You have to use a very light hand, otherwise this will clump and give you spider lashes. Once you use this a few times you can get a technique down to avoid this. It's not volumizing at all, it's definitely just a lengthening mascara. I've been able to make my lashes crazy long with this, so if you really just want length, I'd say give this a try.

on 4/1/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This mascara didn't lengthen or volumize my lashes at all. It clumped them together and gave me "spider lashes".
Worst of all, the packaging is AWFUL! My mom bought a tube of this for herself, and the wand broke off in the tube the first time she tried to use it! I thought it was a defective product, but I bought it a few weeks later and the same thing happened to me! Luckily both of us returned it, but this product isn't worth anyones time.

on 3/31/2011 6:55:00 PM

Smudge like a hell on me. I have oily lids and it just doesnt stay on my lashes... I dont feel it holds me curl... I will not buy it again

on 3/31/2011 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am absolutely in love with this mascara! I've been wanting to try it for a long time but I've been pretty fussy about it because in Europe L'Oreal is rather expensive, but I eventually bit the bullet and I'm not regretting it at all. I'm very picky with mascaras because I cannot stand having clumpy lashes. This one has the most perfect formula, not too runny or too dry, it coats my lashes evenly and gives them a lot of length. The brush is lovely, it separates and defines my lashes very well. Only potential downside is that it won't give you a lot of volume if you're keen on thick lashes, but it doesn't bother me personally that much. All in all, amazing product, definitely going to repurchase!

on 3/27/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this mascara! It lengthens terrifically but doesn't give all that much volume, so if you are a volume person do not buy this mascara. This does not clump with one coat, but once you start layering it, it does start to get the clumping effect. Where I got this mascara it was 12 dollars, there was a 2 dollar off promotion so I got it for 10 which I think is what it runs for at Walmart. Overall I gave this mascara a 5 because what I wanted out of this mascara was length, and that is exactly what I got. I would repurchase this again.

I was so excited to try this mascara because so many people raved about the length and definition. I tried it for a week, and every day it would clump like crazy on my lashes. It barely gave me any length; in fact, for me, it gave much more volume but that was due to the clumps! I don't think it looked very natural at all.

The only good thing is that it washed off very easily with my normal facial cleanser.

It cost 9.99 at CVS but luckily I was able to return it due to their beauty promise. Will not repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Just for the record, my HG mascara is definetly CG Lashblast but I bought this because allthatglitters21 has always raved about it and I usually trust her judgement. However, mascara is the one thing I really think you can't depend on other people for opinions on because it varies so much.

I didn't feel like this mascara lengthened my lashes anymore than my LashBlast Volume, which was somewhat dissapointed because Lashblast promises more of volume than length. The packaging is super creative and cute. I love the small wand but it didn't seem to help me out at all, in fact it kept getting on my eyelid [when i tried to wiggle at the root]. A decent mascara for decent length, but I kind of expected more. It seemed to hold curl an alright amount, but I think by using this I prefer volumizing, thickening mascaras better because they seem to make my eyes look more awake and happy.

it was fun to try, but I will not be repurchasing. Instead I'll go buy some more of my CG Lashblast!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

To be honest, I'm just not really loving this mascara. This mascara turns my freshly curled lashes to stick straight the moment it touches my lashes, and it smudges within four hours. I've had it for a while and I'll be returning it.

on 2/11/2011 6:46:00 PM

Easy to find & Inexpensive
Dramatic Effect
Not Clumpy

Cons.
Does not hold curl of lash

on 2/10/2011 8:32:00 AM

This is my everyday mascara. I like the fact that it lengthens my lashes without being over-the-top and it doesn't clump so I have this long, natural-looking lashes which is perfect for my everyday look. Though it doesn't do anything to volumize my lashes, it's ok since it didn't promise either. It doesn't flake or smudge and very easy to remove at the end of the day. This will be a mainstay on my makeup kit.

Popular Mascaras