MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 6/18/2012 8:26:00 AM

I have very fair skin and I was looking for a bronzer to contour my face with so the makeup artist gave me this and it has become my holy Grail! I love this to contour and warm up my skin , it is matte and has no orange tones and it was a beautiful texture ! Highly recommended!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my HG powder! I've had this product for such a long time; I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet!
I got it in Medium Dark because I thought Medium Plus looked a little light, but apparently Medium Plus is supposed to be the perfect match for NC35 skintones. But anyway, Medium Dark is still a pretty good match for me. Since it has rather light coverage, the color doesn't look too dark on me at all.
I should note, however, that MSFN shades lean towards neutral, almost pink, so those of you with strong yellow undertones should avoid this.
Sometimes I use this as a foundation over my concealer and primer. If I don't use it as a foundation, then I use it for touch-ups throughout the day, or as a setting powder over my foundation or tinted moisturizer. Some people use it as a bronzer too.
I think it provides the PERFECT amount of coverage. The light-to-medium coverage is enough to even out skintone and cover some minor blemishes. I also really do like the finish. It has a lovely natural satin finish that looks flawless under all lighting.
I do get slightly oily by the end of the day, but I don't mind touching up once or twice. That said, this isn't a powder that's meant to control oil, so I don't recommend this for those with oily skin.
The packaging is in the classic black MAC compact, although I'm not very fond of it. The little clear window on the lid isn't attached to the lid at all as you might think; it's actually a flimsy thin plastic thing that always falls off. I prefer a built-in mirror, or a least something that's attached and won't fall off. The compact itself is durable, at least. Packaging earns a rating of a 2.
The price is very reasonable. For $29, you get 0.35 oz. of product. Doesn't sound like a lot, but if you just do a light dusting on your whole face, this product should last you a while. Also, I should add that MAC is actually cheap compared to other high-end brands, so you're getting a good deal! (:
Would I repurchase? Yes.

on 6/1/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG material right here!
I put off buying this for so long because of the price tag and even tried to find dupes for it (the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder is not one). Finally, I caved in and bought it..so glad that I did!!
I'm a NC30 and initially thought I wanted Medium Plus but the SA suggested Medium Dark would better suit me. Good thing I listened to her! I received Medium Plus in a swap just to try it out and my sister in law & boyfriend both said it was too light for me.
I looked up different ways to apply this. At first, I used a kabuki brush like everyone suggested but I felt that my face was a different color than my neck. So I just lightly dust it all over my face after I apply foundation and concealer. The end result? Poreless, polished, and glow-y skin! My boyfriend even said that it didn't even look like I was wearing make up. Isn't that how make up is supposed to look?!
I love this and there's quite a lot of product for a 30ish$ price tag so I don't see myself running out anytime soon. Does not come with mirror or sponge and I don't carry it around in my make up bag so I can't say anything about it's durability.

This is a SETTING POWDER, not a foundation people! Remember that. It has sheer-low coverage. Also, I'm combo/normal and this didn't exacerbate any oilies and actually keeps me normal all day. Didn't break me out either, thank goodness!

on 5/27/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have only just realised that the MUA gave me the Medium[Dark powder and I am really fair skinned! I think that she suggested this to contour and it works really well. I will be using this for summer as I get a warmer colour. It doesn't go on orangey and it helps keep my face oil free!
I will buy the lighter shade for winter I think.
I would love this much more if it had a mirror as it would be so much more useful to me!
I would buy this again as it does look good over a foundation as if my powder is too light or as light as my foundation then it doesn't look natural.

on 5/18/2012 11:45:00 PM

HG setting powder! I apply this at the very end, after I've put on everything, and it gives my skin an amazing glow. I buy it a shade or two darker than my skin so it basically acts as a bronzer. You can also use this on its own for very light coverage and an evening-out of the skin tone; I personally recommend a very thick and firm brush like a kabuki. Can't say enough good things about it.

on 4/18/2012 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

MAC's mineralize skinfinish naturals, and the skinfinishes are great powders.This was my first skin finish and I use it regularly. I don't like to wear foundation, and this powder gives me the perfect amount of coverage for my red areas and blemishes when they occur. This paired with a concealer is all I need to accomplish the skin I desire. I also have dry skin and this works so well despite that. It never cakes and can be used wet to get that dewy look.

I use this mostly under my eyes and all over during winter months. I also have medium deep and I use them both equally. This is a. Great match for my golden undertones. I'm a nc44 for reference.

on 4/4/2012 2:34:00 AM

Finally this medium dark is the perfect shade for my NC30 skin. I bought Medium and Medium Plus which was still too light for me. I love this so much. Even on days when I don't wear foundation I'Ll moisturize and powder and I'M good to go.

on 3/26/2012 8:30:00 PM

This is a great powder for everyday use in my opinion. I am about a NC30 and the girl at Mac told me is would be a good match because I have a golden undertone. I thought it might be too dark for me but it turned out to be just fine. The powder is pretty sheer and it makes me look very healthy. I don't use a lot of it when I do so I think it will last for a long time.

on 3/8/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm on my 2nd one after my mom stole my first because it's that amazing! I have combination skin and this helps control the shine but still makes me skin look luminous. I use this as my "foundation"- I'm lucky to have really good skin so I just use concealer and put this on top. It's a bit expensive- another really good powder would be the sephora one but I think they've discontinued it. Hasn't broken me out at all. Definitely an HG product for me!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is officially my HG powder. I am absolutely in love with it. It's perfect for my skin tone (NC42). Doesn't oxidize and turn darker or redder like most of my other powders. Sets foundations beautifully. On days that I'm in a rush I sweep this onto my bare skin and my skin looks glowy all day. I also use this on my eye lids to brighten them up and even out the tone. I will definitely be repurchasing this over and over again. It's so beautiful and looks great for setting foundation or on its own.