Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender

3.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the lengthening on this product... It was actually very impressive how long my lashes got! The only problem with this mascara is that it is SOOOOOOOOOO clumpy. I tried to tap clumps off and even comb through with a brush by my eyelashes were just spider-y looking. Also, this mascara gave my lashes the horrible droopy look even after curling.

on 3/20/2011 9:31:00 PM

I like to try different mascaras, and the price point is what made me buy this one. It was about five dollars at walmart. It's a decent mascara, but it doesn't help with volume. This mascara is more of a lengthening mascara, which isn't bad but I feel that a great mascara does both. I curl my lashes, then apply a few coats, then curl again after it dries and it seems to hold decently. It's not a terrible mascara, but I've had better!

It's great at lengthening lashes. Doesn't do much for volume, but that's not what it's marketed for, so I can't hold that against it. Cute bottle. Reasonable longevity.
FLAKES LIKE CRAZY though after a few hours :(

on 2/12/2011 9:25:00 PM

This is definitely one of the better drugstrore mascaras that I have used. I like the thin brush. It is great for the lower lashes. I think this mascara definitely lengthens my lashes and helps hold a curl better than other mascaras. It even helps curl lashes when you don't have time to use an eyelash curler before. I think that the product in the tube does not dry up as quickly as other mascaras I have used from the drugstore. This mascara is a little difficult to find at times. I have used it for about five years. I use it over other volumizing mascaras. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is the most fantastic thing on the planet if you're looking for a dramatic look. But for me, I prefer a more natural makeup. I saw this on sale for like $2 and I thought, "Why not?" This is a very buildable mascara (it can be clumpy but honestly, it depends how you apply it. I take my time, about 10 minutes applying coats and coats of mascara. It's the longest part of my makeup) A strange complaint, but this kind of made my lashes look TOO long. My friend asked me if I was wearing fake lashes to school. I have it in "001 Black," and it is VERY black. I don't prefer that look.

One GREAT thing about it is that it looks fantastic in photography. It has the look of dark fake lashes, and it's just wonderful. The thing is, I'm not taking a million pictures a day. I probably won't buy it again.

CLUMPS like nothing else! AVOID! I avoid most Rimmel products but this was cheap anyways and thought I'd give it a go. It doesn't do much for volume or length or curl. Its basic mascara. I think Rimmel has generally bad quality. The brush has one short side and one long side. It smells awful like plastic. Its not a rich formula. It does not curl anyways which is what it is suppose to do!!!!
It doesn't hold either. Flaky after 4 hours. So save your money, don't get this because you won't have 50% longer lashes or curl.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

not really my style of mascara as i prefer very dramatic full lashes. but this is a good mascara for a somewhat natural look. it curls slightly and it very comfortable on the lashes, i find i can even rub my eyes with this on and it'll be okay. good mascara if you want a more toned down look but with still some length and curl.

on 12/20/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

DOES NOT HOLD A CURL I REPEAT DOES NOT HOLD A CURL UGH
Not bad otherwise but I was looking for a mascara that will live up to it's claims of holding a curl
Natural look mascara

on 12/17/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's good for lengthening and holding a curl..but, that's about it..I use it after my L'Oreal Voluminous or Maybelline Full & Soft, on the tips of my lashes only. It does what it says - lengthens and curls...Not good for volume whatsoever...Oh well, at least I tried......

on 12/15/2010 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara sucks! I've been using it for a few weeks and I am very disappointed in it, it didn't really do anything to my lashes just gave them a little bit more definition but other than that it doesn't do me justice, definitely not buying again. For now until the bottle runs out I will be using this mascara for my lower lashes. Definitely do not recommend it for anyone with thin lashes that need a lot of plumping.

Popular Mascaras