L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 8/4/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this because of the reviews but I was not fond of this in any way.
I found it to be quite boring. It was dry and did nothing for my lashes.

on 8/3/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love this mascara what else can I say it definitely volumizes your lashes gives you a little but of length but it volumizes more which is good cause my lashes are a bit thin :) and the best part of this mascara is if you get the telescopic omigod they are the perfect duo you have to apply this one first then telescopic to get amazing full dark long lashes :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is 1 of my 3 favorite mascaras. It's very volumizing & very black which are the 2 things I want in a mascara. It does smudge on me, but every single mascara I've tried smudges on me, other than that, it's great!

on 7/23/2014 12:44:00 AM

Ive heard great things but this mascara just didnt work for me :/
i have normal length lashes but theyre really thin and asian haha
i hoped this would be a natural every day mascara but its just way to thick and wet!
it got all over my eyes and didnt hold a curl
maybe i should leave it a while to let it dry

on 7/17/2014 5:41:00 PM

It is one of my favourite drugstore mascaras and available pretty much any where for a reasonable price. Its is a very deep black and separates the lashes perfectly. I am currently hooked on Jordana's mascara which is only available in the states, so if I am unable to get it, L'Oreal's Voluminous is my plan B.

on 7/17/2014 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to mascara. It's slightly pricey for a drug store mascara, but you can't beat the price when you compare it to fancy department store ones.

First - colour - the carbon black is truly that - very pigmented.

Second - volume/ length/ curl. Just for some context - My lashes are naturally very curly, longish, but fine. So I generally need a traditional brush, as opposed to a plastic brush, to build fiber and grip the lashes.

This builds volume and length, which is what I look for in a mascara. What I like best is that it's buildable - it doesn't dry or harden the lashes so you can easily apply multiple coats and even touch it up later in the day.

It doesn't give quite the length of some others (e.g. Dior /YSL mascaras) but overall it is what I use and stock up on whenever it goes on sale.

I used to be very loyal to L'Oreal's Double Extend, but I switched to this as it was cheaper, and honestly can't tell the difrerence between the formulas and brushes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL. This mascara is amazing!!! The best pigment, I get amazing volume with it. TRY it! I will ALWAYS repurchase it!

on 7/14/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is the first mascara I ever used, and it does a little bit of everything. It gives volume, but more length. It is very black. This has a normal looking brush that is easy to use. Overall, this is a pretty basic mascara..it is good but not great. I do like this but probably won't repurchase because I get bored of this mascara really easily. CONS: This tends to get clumpy after a month, but I have found that removing the excess mascara on the wand with a tissue helps a lot! the mascara is almost as good as new.

on 7/13/2014 10:08:00 PM

This is a great mascara,it might not be for everyone.if you have extremely short lashes you might want to look for something else,some treatment.My lashes are average not long,and I get many complements on my mascara and eyeliner.

on 6/10/2014 12:38:00 AM

I bought this in a purple tube on clearance for $1.78. I'd read a lot of reviews and decided it was time to try. At first I liked it but now have used better and wouldn't go back to it. It weighs my lashes down even after curling them. It also clumps very bad, especially after first opening and when it starts to dry out. The volume and length this gives are decent but I have found better with Maybelline mascaras. I repurchased the regular one at around $6 but won't again.

Popular Mascaras