Bumble & Bumble Bb Shine

3.4

on 11/5/2007 2:12:00 PM

This is the best shine spray ever!! My hair looks like it has a spotlight on it after I put this stuff on. You have to be really careful though because you can definitely over apply. I love that it comes in an aerosol can - this makes smooth application way easier. The only real downside about this product is the smell.....there are no words to describe how disgusting the smell is. However, the smell completely vanishes after 20 minutes and you are left with super gorgeous hair!

on 11/1/2007 6:21:00 PM

I am normally a fan of Bumble and Bumble products, but this item is by far one of the worst items I have ever purchased and used from Bumble and Bumble. The scent is disgusting (one of the worst and grossest smells ever) as well as did not impart any shine instead it left my hair looking dirty, greasy and smelly YUCK.) Overpriced, smells putrid and does not work - would not recommend. I have found that the shine spray in a can from Biosilk works how I wanted BB shine to work. It gives me a nice healthy shine as well as has a very light scent and I paid about $15 for the can at ULTA - if BB shine did not work for you or is too yucky in smell, try the Biosilk.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

HG alert!!! I have tried many shine sprays and none can stand even close to this, sorry. This makes my coarse, thick hair look like glass. And the shine lasted well into the next day. In fact, my next-day bedhead hair was super smooth and shiny. Very expensive but you can find it cheaper on ebay. Worth it, though, because it actually works very, very well. I have never been impressed with a shine spray before (Rusk, Frederic Fekkai, etc.)

on 10/8/2007 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

*2c/3a curly*
I tried this on my hair after straightening as its easier to see results that way. Firstly.. CUTE packaging.. love the diva gold box (1pt) and can (2pts). Secondly.. RANK smell! Seriously.. WHAT the hell?? From what i remember it didn't last too long so i guess thats somewhat of a bonus but as soon as i was done spraying i had to run out of that spot! I didn't notice that much of added shine either, i gave it another go, not too much though and i noticed shine alright.. greasy looking shine (not the look i prefer to go for) Maybe i didnt get the balance right but i dont plan to try again.
It stinks ..litereally.

on 9/6/2007 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is amazing on my hair.
I spray it very lightly in a circle over my head just once and my hair actually looks like it has little light bulbs in it... and this lasts all day.
My hair is thick and coarse in texture.
The smell is horrible but it doesn't linger at all in my hair. But I do need to open the windows and the fan to air out the room.
Other than that... big YAY!

on 8/9/2007 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I agree w/some raters, the product is way too heavy and greasy even for my thick hair. And again, these types of product are all about amount... if you put too much on you feel like you have to wash your hair all over again just to get the extra product out of your hair. If and when I use it (I bought the small size bottle) I try to make sure I spray the furthest from head and NOT at the scalp. EDIT: I got my hair cut this past Friday (At Bumble and Bumble), Nikki, my hairstylist of 10yrs used this product by spraying onto her hand 1st, then, using her hands to spread it on my hair. I was like, " aha," she laughed and stated that she wished they would write that step onto the label. It did not feel greasy or sticky, so I'll give this product another try (w/my hands) and see how it goes.

on 6/19/2007 2:08:00 AM

Its convient and easy to use, but I like the traditional serums which you have to apply by yourself. And I see mroe of a actual difference with other shine serums than with this one. Plus the smell is kind of aerosol and stinky.

on 6/13/2007 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Way too heavy and greasy for my fine hair. I mean who wants oily, greasy hair that's shiny? I want shine, not grease/oil so I swapped it way quickly!! I much prefer Rene Furterer's Shine Spray which is the least greasy that I've found. No I would not repurchase the Bumble & bumble Shine... but I have repurchased the Rene Furterer Shine Spray ;-)

on 5/19/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'd got for the fekkai shine spray next time. This doesn't leave my hair oily but it STINKS!~ Love the gold outside packaging

on 3/18/2007 1:26:00 AM

Very nice product, and does not weigh down my fine, oily-prone hair. I did not get the amazing shine reaults that some readers did, but definitely notice increased shine. Does anyone have reccomendations for application? My stylist at Bumble and bumble told me to spray it in my hands and then apply but I may start trying to spray it directly on. Overall, a very good product.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products