Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

on 7/17/2013 2:15:00 PM

I have used Aveeno moisturizers on my extremely acne-prone, sensitive, and sometimes dry skin (awesome combination - I know. We have fun.) for about 5 years now. In years prior, I have loved it to death and it worked flawlessly with my skin. Never broke me out, stayed moisturized, didn't get oily, makeup worked great over it. Holy grail. But lately my skin is changing and I'm finding this moisturizer is not doing it for me. Even when I put on 2 or 3 or 4 pumps of it, my skin still has dry areas. WHAT?! HOW?! I don't know how this is even possible. I've recently switched to Alba Botanicals Acne Dote... we will see how that goes -- I haven't given up on Aveeno completely. I am sure I will find a way to keep it in my regimen, but for now, Aveeno's getting tucked away in the back of my medicine cabinet. It's kind of expensive (4oz. for 18$) but it is worth the money in my opinion. Even though we aren't getting along, I would still recommend this to anybody. Good stuff.

on 6/2/2013 10:39:00 PM

This is a decent moisturizer and its SPF 15 so that's a definite plus. It's light and has a pleasant scent. It goes on really well. You don't have to use a whole lot as it spreads really well. For the price, $14, I would expect a little better. I think the pros outweigh the cons but I have one issue with this product. It doesn't seem to moisturize well enough. Once it sinks into my skin, it's just not moisturized enough. I have to apply my make up almost immediately or my skin will look flaky with powder. Ido like to mix it with liquid foundation. Works great like that. The packaging is definitely the biggest issue I have with this product. I've been purchasing this for years and its been inconsistent and sometimes faulty. When the product gets low enough( not even close to empty) it will not pump out anymore. Very annoying. I've had pumps that didn't work at all. The sides cave in and it's a very awkward shaped bottle.

on 5/13/2013 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because Aveeno gives off an image of a very natural, very calming product. Unfortunately, this didn't do ANYTHING for my skin. It didn't moisturize, it definitely didn't take away any redness, and it gave me more blackheads. Sucks, because it really seems like such a great product for me. :( I even threw it away, and bought it again a couple of weeks later because I wanted it to work so much. Eh.

on 4/29/2013 8:01:00 AM

OILY SKIN CAUSE! Ugh, I can't confidently put this moisturizer on, without my T zone drenched in oil. It's disgusting, I know. This is my second time getting this and I'm horrible at seeing what products do what to my face because I put a lot on. But I noticed that no matter what, this moisturizer triggers oils. Baaaad. I like the fact that it "calms" which is the reason I bought it in the first place.

on 4/19/2013 1:45:00 AM

This has been my go-to SPF moisturizer ever since my friend let me try some of hers in Cape Cod last summer. The smell is lovely, not too sunscreen-y like some others are. It does not leave my face oily - I usually use one pump onto my fingertips before putting it on. A few minutes later my face is baby soft and protected from the sun. Yes it's expensive for a smallish dispenser but I will repurchase when I run out because to me, the positives outweigh the negative price.

on 4/15/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Before I bought this, I was using a sunscreen that made me red and shiny. I had to use oil-blotting sheets before I put on makeup, it was that bad. Of course I didn't like this, so most of the time I just skipped sunscreen. So I knew I had to get something different. I came across a recommendation for the Aveeno product in a book by a dermatologist; I figured what the heck, it couldn't hurt. I have been really pleased -- my skin is not red or shiny after I put this on. However -- I wish it had a higher SPF. I will probably have to find something new for summer. And the packaging is a little weird -- I think the hose for the pump is too short, because I can't get anything out of the pump anymore but there is a ton left in there. I will buy this again, for winter, but it's not the HG.

on 3/26/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this moisturizer. My skin is so dry from the winter and wearing makeup. It is a little pricey but it's definately worth it plus a little goes a long way. This makes my skin so soft and the smell is nice and doesn't give me a headache since I am sensitive to different smells. I will definately buy this again but for as little as I use at a time it will be awhile before I have to restock.

I used to have the Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer, which I really liked but for some reason when I ran out, I bought some Neutrogena moisturizer instead (was not a huge fan). I recently bought the Ultra Calming version and I love it. I have pretty sensitive skin that is prone to redness when I apply lotion, but I don't get any redness when I apply this product. It is extremely smooth, lovely texture, and does have a bit of a fragrance but my skin is apparently not sensitive to that. As others have said, it is pretty pricey (~$15 US) but a little goes a long way-- the last 4 oz. bottle I had lasted me for months upon months. If you have sensitive skin that tends to look greasy or red after applying other moisturizers, I'd give this one a chance.

on 2/24/2013 7:47:00 PM

this product make me break out like crazyyy omg i wouldnt use this ever again however i have to finish what left so i will just mix it with foundation to get bb cream

on 2/17/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've tried most of the drugstore moisturizers touted to be good for combination, acne-prone skin, and this one (while not specifically aimed at my skin type) is the best one, in addition to their Clear Complexion moisturizer (which I have also reviewed). It has spf 15 in it, which is great for winter, although in the summer I use sunscreen on top of it. It's a great texture - not too runny, not too thick, and it absorbs very quickly. It feels soothing just putting on your face, and it really does calm down redness. Note that it doesn't really reduce redness of blemishes, just general irritation. I appreciate this, since I used to be mortified by the "raccoon mask" of pinkness I would get on my nose and under my eyes. I love that it uses natural ingredients, and it's oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic. I find that it has a pleasant scent, not perfumey, just nice, but if you like unscented face products, this may not be for you. I love using this to replenish and calm down my skin after using drying acne products.

Popular Moisturizers