DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 9/16/2014 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this cleansing oil! I have the 6.7oz for home and use the little baby 1oz ones with the screw top lid for travel. This has hands down been helping to keep my extremely acne prone skin clearer by removing ALL face makeup. I work 12hr days and use longwear makeup and this cleansing oil removes it with ease. I do prefer to use this as a makeup remover and follow up with my benzoyl peroxide cleanser to treat my (barely there now!) acne. I am currently using tretinoin so my skin can get a little flaky at times. The massaging of this oil onto my face works double as an exfoliator and removes all flakes just from the rubbing action! I don't use it for my eye makeup - for that I just use baby oil. This deep cleansing oil is so wonderful. Holy grail for me for sure.

on 8/30/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this while on a trip in Japan. I have read great reviews about it online, however the first time I tried it, I was not a fan! It broke me out the first time, as I have very acne-prone skin. It takes to time to see visible results, however SO TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!! This oil perfectly cleans out all traces of mascara, liquid eyeliner and eye brow pencil too. I wish they sold a bigger bottle though :/ Almost out of it after about 2 months of usage.

Do give this product a chance if you can, it is truly great and provided me with visible results after about 3 weeks of daily usage. Will definitely repurchase!

on 8/5/2014 1:23:00 PM

Heard great reviews for DHC and it does cleanse my face beautifuly and removes all traces of my makeup with ease. It has a very very faint smell of rosemary which I like.

However: After my massage and cleanse routine (only using DHC), this oil leaves my hands horribly dried out, even more so than after using washing up liquid for the dishes ! It feels as though it has stripped every trace of moisture from my hands :(

It is important to say that I do have psoriasis on my hands which require alot of moisturising, but this product is oil based and supposed to be full of good things, so I can't understand why this is happening, and I am very disapointed as, otherwise it seems to work worderfully, no stinging eyes or oily residue.
Leaves my face totaly clean, but due to the warm weather my skin is in combination phase. I think this could be quite drying during the winter months when I get very dry skin.

Last night I added a few drops of Argan oil with the DHC in my palm, and this did help a little bit, but all-in-all I have to wonder what it's doing to my face, as it leaves my hands so dried out. I personaly think it would be a better productuc for people with oily/combo skin.

on 7/12/2014 7:42:00 AM

I think this is the best oil-type cleanser out there. It's super-thorough, removes all traces of makeup, and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. Not the least bit irritating, rinses cleanly, never any issues with breakouts, this stuff is wonderful. Took one lippie off because it makes my eyes blurry, especially if my contacts are in, but it goes away after a while. Also, this must be applied to dry skin so no using it in the shower. That's a little limiting.
But it's such a great product and it is one of my favorite cleansers, a definite re-purchase.

Perioducally I receive the DHC catalogs in the mail with samples. I always pull out the cleansing oil sample and try to mentally prepare myself for trying it. I was able to get 2 uses out of it and my reaction was what I had expected...white heads and clogged irritated skin. The feel of it is nice and it rinses right off nicely but it did not work for me. I had to give it a whirl! Will toss it in the trash without curiousity next time.

on 7/3/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this! I purchased the full size (6.7 fl oz.) on Amazon for $25 with Prime shipping (regular price is $28 on DHC's site). I use this as both a makeup remover for my double-cleanse regimen and as a treatment for clogged pores and blackheads. I have oily, acne-prone skin, enlarged pores in my T-zone.

DHC sells sample sizes as well as a smaller 2.3 fl. oz. size. It comes in a plastic bottle with a pump. The pump works very well; it's easy to control how much product you dispense. The sample sizes would be ideal for travel.

It is an olive-oil based cleanser. Looks, feels, and smells just like olive oil. Using clean, dry hands, I gently massage this over my dry face (makeup included, if I have it on) for about 1 minute. You must apply this to dry skin, otherwise it will emulsify immediately and the oil won't get a chance to bond to the dirt/sebum/etc. on your face. I then rinse with warm water and then use my regular facial cleanser (Trader Joe's Spa Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil).

When I massage this onto my face I can sometimes feel grainy little bits under my fingertips -- turns out they're little sebum plugs coming out of the surface (yuck!). I had a stubborn cluster of tiny, hard, clogged pore bumps under my nose and using this cleanser in conjunction with salicylic acid has gotten rid of most of them over the past couple of weeks. I think this cleanser has made it easier for chemical exfoliants to penetrate deeper and loosen up the plugs.

It melts away my makeup and sunscreen effortlessly, and it has not caused any irritation around my eye area (caution if you're a contact lens wearer).

Obviously this isn't going to work for everyone -- olive oil can be very, very comedogenic for some people, so be sure to patch test (I tried it on my forehead first, since breakouts there heal more easily somehow).

It's pricey, but I would repurchase this in a heartbeat! My skin loves it.

on 6/20/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This cleansing oil is what I use as my first cleanse as part of my double cleanse regimen in the evenings if I'm wearing makeup and/or sunscreen. It's good and it actually is a bit oily with application and may smear up your eyesight a bit but that can be rinsed out without irritation for me but make sure you are NOT wearing your contacts at the time of using this!

It doesn't irritate or sting my eyes either, it's unscented and doesn't leave a residue. But I may go back to the MAC Cleansing Oil or another cleansing oil altogether or something else after this bottle is finished!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Not for me. It removes makeup perfectly, and leaves the skin cleansed of any impurities after washing it off, but the catch is that it broke me out overnight. The quest for the perfect oil cleanser continues.

on 5/28/2014 11:37:00 AM

I had a huge sample of this , I did not like it at all as it is too oily . If I had wanted oil cleansing , I would rather choose pure oils . I feel this is too heavy for my acne prone skin , prefer cleansing waters .

on 5/10/2014 11:26:00 PM

I am so glad I started to use cleansing oils to remove my makeup. Although I don't wear makeup every day when I did wear makeup I would never properly remove it. I used to use some makeup removing wipes and after that I would wash my face with a facial cleanser. It still felt like makeup and gunk was on my face. After I started using this my face feels absolutely clean! All the layers of makeup and gunk are gone!

I start off with cleaned washed dry hands. I would pump twice and rub between my hands and evenly distribute the oil all over my face and neck and massage for about 2 minutes. This removes everything. even my waterproof eyeliner and mascara! I also use this product on my eyelids. It doesn't irritate them but it can leave the eyes a bit blurry, this goes away after 30ish seconds.

My face feels so clean. whenever I swipe a cotton pad with toner on my face there's no trace of makeup. I'm so happy I found this. The only thing it that it can be a bit pricy. I wonder if just using plain olive oil would do the same thing. It would be a lot cheaper. After all it is the first ingredient. Who knows?