MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 5/31/2013 11:34:00 AM

I just recently bought MAC's Brush Cleanser and it works really well for spot cleaning, you can instantly tell when the brushes are clean. However I decided to deep clean my brushes with this today and I wasn't so wowed by the outcome as it was impossible to tell if they were clean plus the packaging was wasting product all over the place. Overall, I do like this item for spot cleaning but not so sure about a deep clean.

on 5/27/2013 3:20:00 PM

My first brush cleanser and it's amazing !

on 3/27/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this to spot clean my brushes. I pour some onto a towel and swirl my dirty brushes and it cleans it very nicely. It also dries pretty quickly too. MAC can work on its packaging for this and I hope in the future they will make it packaged with a spray pump. I would definitely recommend this product if your looking for something to spot clean your dirty brushes on the go.

on 3/14/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using this stuff for years as my staple spot cleanser for my brushes. I keep a hand towel on my vanity, drip some of this onto a dirty brush, and swish it around on the towel until it comes up clean. I do not rinse afterwards. I let them air dry for a few minutes, and they're ready to use again! For deep cleaning, I use shampoo. I wish it has a spray bottle, I waste alot of product dripping it out.

EDIT: since when Is this $15!? YIKES.

on 2/26/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using this in between washes :)

on 1/19/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've bought this brush cleaner for years. It was my first brush cleaner, actually! After I finished my first bottle I experimented with other cleaners but none cut the mustard like MAC's. I find you can waste product because it leaks out the top pretty easily. I've since found a spritzer to replace the pop-open top and its been a dream! Once your brush is clean, it takes no more than a minute for the brush to fully dry. I like to lay mine on a 'sham-wow' to absorb moisture from my larger brushes. This cleaner will not compromise the integrity of your brushes and does the job right! I will definitely stay a loyal buyer - the formula is just perfect!

on 1/15/2013 5:58:00 PM

I have spent many years cleaning out my brushes with water and a paper towel. This is the worst thing you can do to your brushes. The bristles get ruined and you can't get maximum use out of your brushes anymore. I bought this product as an impulse-buy and it was the best decision I could have made for my brushes. It makes them completely brand new. It takes all the dirt off and leaves them smelling great. Don't use water anymore and stop wasting money on buying new brushes!

on 1/1/2013 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've been buying this for years to clean my brushes and it's simply amazing. It cleans my brushes thoroughly and they look and feel as good as new again.
It is a little expensive so I've tried cleaning my brushes with shampoo and dish washing liquid and nothing works as good as the MAC brush cleanser. I definitely recommend this product!

on 11/27/2012 11:23:00 AM

Great brush cleaner. Put some on a tissue and swirl brush until it's clean. My only gripe is that a lot of product leaks out due to the design, I would definitely re-purchase though as it's quick and easy.

on 11/2/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a great brush cleanser. I mainly use this for spot cleaning my brushes after each use. Just dab a little on tissue and swirl the brush around it. Gets the make up right off. However, I don't use this for weekly deep cleaning (I use Elf brush shampoo or baby shampoo instead) because I would go through a lot if I do!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools