Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

on 5/2/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I got this in a kit which I am glad I did as I am not a big fan of this lotion. I don't care much for the strong honey smell. When I squeezed some out of the tube it looked nice rich and creamy but when I went to rub it in it was like water. I have never had a lotion do that before and then the over powering smell of honey that lingers on for awhile. I will definelty not be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh Burt's Bees, why did you have to do this to me? The Milk and Honey Body Lotion used to be my signature scent. It was light, non-greasy, and made my skin silky and soft. And it smelled amazing. People commented on it all the time. But then you had to go and change the formula. I appreciate the impulse to make an all natural formula but the new lotion is not a patch on the old. It's much thicker, comes in a smaller bottle, and isn't nearly as moisturizing. Honestly, though, if it wasn't for the smell, I'd still be buying this. It's not the worst thing I've ever smelled, but it makes me miss the old scent so much and it's absolutely no substitute. Am now on the hunt for a reasonably priced all natural body lotion to become my new staple - Nubian Heritage Goat's Milk and Chai may be my new choice.

on 3/17/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a huuuuge fan of the entire Burt's bees line. This lotion always brings memories of summer, almost a suntan lotion. The only thing that I don't like is how runny the lotion, but I suppose that is the toss up for lack of chemicals. I am always being complimented on the smell.

on 1/29/2012 4:11:00 PM

Milk and honey sounds lovely, doesn't it? You'd expect a creamy, sweet scent with a lot of zing from the honey. Another reviewer described the scent perfectly with the word "rancid". It reminds me a bit of the body lotion by Fresh. That one smelled like hot garbage, and while this one doesn't smell nearly that bad, the same notes are present. The scent is not pleasant, but is not unusable either. It fades to smell reasonable within a few hours. The lotion itself is a thicker texture than most lotions, which is nice. It's very creamy and moisturizers quite well, but doesn't sink into the skin as well as I'd like. There's still a waxy feel to the skin several hours after application, like it never absorbed in all the way.
Performance: Just okay. There are much better lotions out there.
Scent: This is really important to me, and the scent on this one is quite unpleasant for awhile. Not good.
I like that Burts Bees uses more natural ingredients than other companies and that they don't test on animals.

on 12/27/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This lotion is another reminder of why I adore the Burt's Bees line so much. This lotion is really rather moisturizing. It makes my skin very soft, especially when I apply it after using 100 Percent Pure's Organic Coconut body scrub. HEAVENLY. My skin is impossibly soft at the moment, and this lotion is a huge part of that. The scent is something I personally like. Because it's "milk & honey" it smells super creamy, but there is also a very fresh citrusy note in there as well. This component makes me think this may be better for summer use. In cool weather, it's okay as the milk and honey smell gives it a super warm and creamy scent yet I still feel this lotion has summer written all over it. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I feel well moisturized all day and I apply it all over my body after each shower. My skin looks and feels very healthy at the moment. I will get myself another bottle when the weather heats up for sure.

on 12/10/2011 1:21:00 PM

If it wasn't for the scent I would give this product a higher score. I love that it doesn't have all the bad chemicals of other lotions and it is creamy. It's effectiveness in smoothing rough skin is good. My husband and I both had problems with the strong, not great scent and couldn't wait to finish it. I was quite disappointed about that because I really was excited about this product.

on 12/10/2011 1:05:00 PM

Absolutely love it! Wouldn't be without it. It smells unbelieveably amazing, but is not too strong. Soaks into the skin really well, is mostly natural, and even has a relaxing effect. Best lotion ever!

on 11/12/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't really care much about body lotions, washes, etc. - usually I just get the thing that is cheapest that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. This lotion, though, is worth the couple extra bucks. It is really dense - a little goes a long way - and sinks it quickly. It moisturizes well and never irritates my skin. The best aspect of it is easily the smell. It smells so good - not like perfume or chemicals or fake flowers, but just a bit like honey. I wish I could describe it better. I love this lotion, definitely an HG.

on 9/29/2011 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

very hydrating. I like that it's natural. the scent is okay, doesn't bother me since its natural fragrance. it does fade but I could see why some people might not like it. this is the new and improved formula. I may repurchase in future but I also like aveeno too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Definitely one of my HG body lotions! Especially now that they have improved the formula (99% natural and doesn’t leave a waxy residue on the skin anymore). Here are my reasons for the 5 lippies ~the smell is divine ~readily available ~all natural ~and super moisturizing. Now it can seem a bit pricy but you can find it on sale at target and other drugstores!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products