LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

on 1/6/2011 4:05:00 PM

My search for the perfect lip balm is finally over! Living in a dry climate with very extreme temperatures plus a lot of wind is a disaster for my lips, and having tried so many different products to keep them soft and moisturized, I can honestly say that Lip Service blows them all out of the water. Most other balms I've tried seem "addictive" to my lips... they would help for 20 minutes or so but then my lips would feel even drier than before, creating a constant cycle of re-application. Lip Service is so moisturizing, almost like a lotion for your lips that absorbs quickly and lasts for hours... although I do apply a bit more often than necessary because I love the light citrus flavor! The only cons of this product, as many reviewers have already mentioned, are the packaging and hard consistency. It would certainly be more convenient for it to be packaged in tube form, as you have to scrape it out of the pot with the back of your nail, but I don't really mind since it doesn't leave your fingers goopy or sticky like most other products. Others have mentioned the price as being a con as well, but I would disagree; at $7 CAD it's only a buck or two more than its competitor products, but lasts way longer and is far more effective. I understand not wanting to pay more than average for a product that you've never tried before, but I'm pretty sure this one will be worth your while!

on 8/4/2010 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This product is okay. I keep it in one of my purses as an emergency balm, but it's definitely not my favorite. The tin is okay - I don't hate it. The moisturizing abilities of the product are okay, but nothing miraculous. The ease of use is pretty low. I can get enough product out by keeping the tin in a pocket, or by warming it in my hands for a minute, and then swirling my finger around and around and around... but I don't want to deal with all that just to get some average balm on my lips. Balm should be quick and easy. This is fine as an extra to have around, but I will not be repurchasing.

on 7/8/2010 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This is my new go-to! My lips had just gotten that horrid pre-chapped irritated feeling, where you KNOW they're about to get chapped. What had happened was my lips (and the skin around them) had not such a great reaction to a BBQ sauce I'd tried. I had tried Burt's bees Beeswax balm, Aquaphor, Chapstick, and NONE of them were working. A friend recommended Blistex Deep Renewal, and SoftLips, and both were okay, but the problem I had was how sometimes the balms either sting (and not in the good way), or your lips get addicted to them so you have to keep reapplying. THAT was my biggest issue. I was on my way to a gathering, and my friend I was with told me to try her Lip Service. I was hooked from the get-go. I wasn't reapplying all day, there was no greasy or glossy look, and there was no stinging, just hydration! I eventually got her to give me hers then went on eBay to purchase another one to keep in my purse :)

on 4/21/2010 7:44:00 PM

I absolutely hated this product! I told the girl working at Lush about it and she agreed that it was terrible. There isn't one good thing to say about it. yucky, waste of money!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an excellent lip balm. I normally have lips that are always dry, chapped, sore and peeling. With this, they are plump and soft so I know this product is really moisturising and not simply sitting on my lips like a gloss.

It has a pleasant scent of tangerine and shea butter, but it is not overwhelming, nor does it have a bad taste. The balm can be rather hard and solid if you don't live in a warm climate. As a result, it can be a bit difficult to get out if you are unable to keep it in a warm place all the time.

It is expensive and the packaging is not very hygienic. It is not easy to get the product out towards the end if you like to keep your nails long.

If LUSH were to package this product as a stick, I would rate it a 5 because the lip balm does a great job keeping my normally dry lips luscious.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after trying lush's honey trap lip balm. I Love this! It has very slight tangerine scent that is barley noticeable. It very easy to apply. I haven't had any problems with it being hard. It's very moisturizing and the moisture lasts. I don't have to constantly reapply this through out the day. It leaves my lips super soft, silky, and moisturized. It's not waxy at all. This is one of the top 2 lip balms I've found. I will be purchasing this again. I would recommend this to anyone with dry lips.

on 10/25/2009 3:29:00 AM

This is a nice lip balm and leaves a matte finish, but for the price it's nothing special. Won't repurchase.

on 6/25/2009 5:09:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!...the packaging doesnt really bother me:/ and i dont find it a pain to apply....rub your finger into it, not onto it lol..them just swirl for like 30 seconds and it melts a sufficient amount and when you apply on lips...just rub em together and oh jeeze its like icing on a cake...it moisterizes wonderfully and can see myself purchasing this over and over again:) i actually like the fact that its in a little tin and that its a little ruff...i feel like the product lasts longer:) i absolutely love this :)

on 5/6/2009 4:42:00 AM

I bought this for my very dry lips a few months ago and haven't decided whether it was worth my time or not. The scent is pleasant and price reasonable and it feels nice on my lips. However, the packaging is a drag along with the fact it is pretty solid so literally needs to be warmed in my hands for 15 mins or so before I can apply without scooping some with the back of my nail. This just makes it frustrating to apply on the go.

on 4/28/2009 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This comes in a cute tin, which is quite difficult to get open.. one lipstick gone.
It takes a while to warm up under the finger enough to spread evenly on the lips, but when it's on my lips feel smooth and moisturised. I'm a complete balm addict and go though a pot of Carmex every 3 weeks. With Lip Service though I didn't feel the need to reapply every 20 minutes as my lips still felt soft, even after an hour. I like the smell, though I can see why others might not. I can still smell it a couple fo hours after I last used it. The balm has a tendency to get quite filthy aswell. Mines full of glitter and specks of black that just won't leave. Don't think I'll be buying this one again, purely because of the packaging and the hardness of it. If they softened it up and found a better tub I would definitley buy it again.

Popular Lip Treatments