LUSH Daddyo shampoo

3.5

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Got a sample of this at Lush (sample lasts for 3 times, so usually I try shampoos before, they are really expensive at Lush!) as any Lush shampoo, the smell is horrible (not the worst of them). The color might seem scary at first (bright purple, all shower was splashed with purple foam and water) but it washes out and does not leave any stains.
I loved the result a lot, my golden highlights were lighter and so very shiny, I was really impresed.
However, the down sides - price, smell and it could be more moisturizing. My hair is really dry, little damaged, so I have to choose another shampoo. However, this is great shampoo for anyone who wants lighter, shiny hair.

on 3/28/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Be mindful that daily use of Daddy-O can make your scalp itchy and maybe a little sore. I found it to be somewhat drying to my scalp and I have oily roots. It does a good job with blonde hair toning down brassiness, but honestly there are cheaper violet shampoo's out there that would do the same thing. Ask for a sample before you splurge on the full size.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

So far loving this. I have golden blonde hair with natural highlights and have washed my hair about 4 times with this and each time my hair is soft and shiny with no brassiness.

Love the smell, very nice to have just before bed. My boyfriend keeps smelling my hair.
I did freak out a bit when I poared this onto my hand in the shower and the colour was a deep inky violet. Don't let this put you off, it doesn't stain hair.

on 10/28/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely adore the smell of violets and that's why I keep buying this stuff from time to time. Unfortunately the violet scent is replaced by a weird hairspray type smell when hair is dry which I why I dropped a lippy. Very yummy in the bottle tho!

on 5/31/2011 7:33:00 PM

This shampoo is amazing! It's the best shampoo I have ever tried - and I have tried redken, joico and matrix amplify to get some volume into my fine straight hair. It leaves my hair shiny and so full of body! And another HUGE plus is that the greys I have look vivid and my blond highlights just look... well... wow!!
I was looking for a purple shampoo to tone down the brassiness in my color-treated light brown hair and I didn't hold out much hope for this one (got it as a sample) because I was a bit of a brand name snob maybe ;) But from the first wash the brassiness was neutralized and I was won over by the body, shine and wow-factor of my hair afterwards!
So I bought the largest size bottle of Daddy-O I could get, and that way it is certainly cost-effective. It's been 5 months of heavy use and I'm only through about a fifth of the bottle. It smells like violets which to me personally is ok; at least it's not a scent which lingers on my hair afterwards. I also use Lush's R&B finishing butter on my ends (ONLY on my ends as it is very rich) and well that one smells fabulous! (I'm just waiting for Lush to bottle that scent in a perfume or something!!)

on 4/11/2011 11:29:00 PM

This makes my blonde hair really shine, and it is so soft too! I love the smell and it lathers so well too. I received a sample a couple weeks ago and just bought a full sized bottle. It has really changed my hair for the better!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had a strong reaction to this clarifying/toning shampoo. I got hives, my hair fell out and my scalp itched like crazy. I do not recommend.

on 2/21/2011 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is one pigmented purple shampoo ~~ near the ranks of Joico and AG. However it left my long, fine beige blonde hair stiff and lifeless. And I listened to previous reviewers and used a Deep Conditioning Treatment after I rinsed...so the dryness/stiffness is beyond odd. I liked the scent (kinda earthy) and the pigmentation, however the way it left my hair is just too bad. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first I disliked the scent. After a few uses I started to get us to and now really like it. I think most Lush products are that way.
I don't have blonde hair. I use this to keep my red tones from getting brassy. This leaves my hair soft, shiny and smelling of violets.
I even use this on my dog to keep her coat dry. However, it is only used on her about once a month if that as dogs need a more oily based shampoo.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

on 11/10/2010 11:03:00 PM

Like most colour depositing shampoos, this is an ocassional use product. It's very mild and has an inky violet scent, which I really like. It is only really useful for bringing out highlights or making your blonde hair blonder. My SO has light brown hair and it brought out blonde highlights that I didn't know he had. Strangely enough, you don't even have to have blonde or light brown hair to use Daddyo. I am Asian (Chinese) with dark hair and I sometimes have natural brown highlights, particularly in the summer. This shampoo made my highlights blonde and oddly enough, it made my greys softer.

Added later: this shampoo, like most LUSH shampoos, really dries out my hair.

Top Rated LUSH Products