Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish

4.1

Water, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-3 Cocamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Ternafolia Oil, Triethanolamine, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Polyquaternium-39, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylparaben, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Flour, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Propylene Gylcol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Salvia Officianlis (Sage) Leaf, Rose Canina Fruit Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140). 6/1/09

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora. This is a great scrub. It's very fine and doesn't feel harsh on the skin and my feels baby smooth after. This retails for $30 in Sephora and though I like this product, I would never purchase it since I generally think that drugstore skincare lines like okay and l'oreal are just as good and so much more affordable.

on 3/11/2012 1:42:00 PM

I really like this product! I got it as a sample and just expected it to be so-so. I have a Clarisonic that I LOVE, but my skin can only tolerate it about once a week. I find that this scrub is perfect for those in between times. Even though it is VERY thorough as a scrub, it's also surprisingly tolerated by my sensitive skin... but get a sample first because it is definitely "scrubby". I bought a full sized tube and have been very pleased with it.

on 3/10/2012 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Got a generous sample of this in a Laura Mercier sample kit at Sephora (with VIB points). I don't think I would have tried this scrub otherwise, as I have quite a few products for facial scrubbing/exfoliating. But I'm so glad I got this sample. This is a really good scrub - really "scrubby" so you have to be careful not to overdo it but the base foams nicely and the grains scrub thoroughly (unlike my Clarins scrub, where the grains are so few and so ineffective that they are more a nuisance than anything else). The scent is pleasant and the whole thing rinses away leaving a lovely, smooth skin in its wake, just waiting to soak up some moisturizer. I will certainly consider purchasing a full size of this if I ever manage to finish up a single facial scrub I already have on the go!

on 2/16/2012 12:32:00 PM

What a wonderful scrub. My acne clears and my face looks like I just had a facial. I can use it every day if I choose, but usually a few times a week. A little goes a long way, so it is a great value. The particles aren't too abrasive to the touch, but they certainly do a great job of polishing my face! Great light fragrance. A must own!

on 1/27/2012 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros
Love the glow
So soft
Only have to use this once a week

Cons
Expensive
Had to get a little used to the roughness

I love this! I usually wash my face, steam
For 5 mins and polish and put fresh soy moisturizer while still wet from rinsing.. My face looks amazing and I never say that! Best weekly exfoliant!

on 1/22/2012 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this from Sephora and I liked it so much that I asked for it for Christmas. I have extremely sensitive and very dry skin. I only use this once or twice a week because I don't think my skin could handle any more than that. It is rough, but I am used to exfoliators so I'm okay with it. Plus, I rub it in gently. You only need a small amount so the bottle will last a long time (especially for me since I use it about twice a week!). My face feels nice and fresh after I use it.

I only gave it a 4 because I've only used a couple of exfoliators before so I don't have much to compare it to.

on 1/12/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I received a sample size of this product from Sephora using my 500 point level. It was in a kit with a foundation primer, tinted moisturizer, eyelid primer? and mascara (all sample sizes). I have very sensitive face skin. As soon I saw this product I tried it on the back of my hand first. It is definitely quite grainy and would be too harsh on my skin type. I found a new use for it. I decided it would work better as a hand exfoliator.

on 8/6/2011 3:36:00 PM

If you don't like or are sensitive to abrasive scrubs, avoid this one. It is packed with harsh scrubbies in a cleansing cream base. Has a light scent. I am used to weekly peels and at-home microdermabrasion treatments. I found this polish to work just as well as the microdermabrasion creams I have purchased in the past. My skin was very smooth and my pores looked better after use.This actually seems a little harsher than aluminum oxide based microderm because the scrubbing granules are so coarse. It actually feels scratchy on my skin. As a daily scrubber, I think this would be way too harsh to use. Using it weekly would probably be a better idea.

on 8/4/2011 8:18:00 PM

OUCH. If you want to tear up your skin save your money and buy St. Ives Apricot scrub, which this very closely resembles. I'll stick with Exfolikate...

on 6/9/2011 12:52:00 AM

Had a sample of this big enough to use it 3 times. I had a few flakes on my nose and this took care of them, made my face nice and soft, but I got a few tiny bumps too. I am not sure if are from this scrub or not. I may buy it when I run out of my current scrub and update.

Popular Scrubs