Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 7/20/2012 7:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a good gentle facial scrub and thought I'd pay a bit extra and go for the Aveeno daily scrub over the St Ives scrubs because it sounded gentler (emphasizing the so called "daily" aspect of the Aveeno scrub). Turns out I shouldn't have bothered.
It wasn't gentle on my skin at all. I have fairly sensitive skin so maybe it isn't as harsh for others, but on my skin it was like rubbing sandpaper over my face. My skin was tight, itchy, red and blotchy after using it. The next day my skin broke out in pimples all around my chin, it's been over 2 weeks and I'm still trying to get rid of them. I'm now using it as a hand and foot scrub to use up the rest of it.

on 7/18/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loe this face wash.. I've been using it for years! I have probably been through dozens of bottles. Keep my skin soft, even toned and clean. I love how it exfoliates my face, but not too hard. Great product!

on 7/16/2012 4:09:00 PM

It is really good on my skin. It has eliminated a lot of my blackheads. I can't say it has brightened up my skin but it has made it a lot softer. But sometimes when I use it, my skin gets a bit dry. And I have no idea why.

on 7/14/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I find this to be a very gentle scrub. I use this in the morning and sometimes at night if I don't use one of my heavier scrubs. It has seemed to help clear up my skin...somewhat. I was kind of surprised at how much better my skin feels and this is the only thing different I have used lately. I suffer from adult cystic acne which really is frustrating. This hasn't made it disapper or anything. But, it doesn't overstrip my skin either. I will update if anything changes over the next couple of months.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

This has got to be the MOST AMAZING scrub I’ve ever used!!! I use this scrub 4-5X per week, but it is gentle enough for daily use IMHO. It does not strip my skin, leave it feeling “tight”, or sting when I use it. I follow it with Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lotion (yeah, I know, old school, but it works for me). My face is literally GLOWING! My skin has not looked this good since….well…actually…ever. I can’t wait to try the rest of the line!

on 7/11/2012 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product! However, it didn't meet all my requirements (it could have been because I set my standards a bit too high). I expected it to eliminate dark circles under eyes completely. It reduced them by a bit, but they are still there. I still had some acne while using it that never left, but this is a skin brightening scrub, not an acne cleanser.

Overall, it left my skin a lot brighter than before and looks amazing now! And if you have sensitive skin, be sure not to rub it too hard because it can somewhat dry out your skin (from my own experience).

In conclusion, I recommend it and I would repurchase. It did a great job!

on 6/19/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great product if only it didn't cost so much.

on 6/15/2012 2:27:00 AM

What a difference this face wash has made! While I can't say it has really "brightened" my skin that much, it is slowly but surely eliminating my blackheads with daily use. I have also noticed a dramatic difference in my acne. I'd always heard that acne can be caused by not enough exfoliation...but I didn't believe it until now. I took off one lippie because it tends to dry out my skin a little.

Excellent product! I use this daily (twice - morning and night) along with my perscribed Epiduo acne treatment which is also excellent. My skin is so soft and smooth after each application. And - suprisingly enough - it certainly does what it states! My complexion is a lot more brighter and even, even with the redness that the epiduo causes! It has been just a bit over a week since using this product and my pimples have decresed significantly. In fact, I believe I only have 2 very very small bumps that you can hardly notice. Now thats what I call a good scrub! I am very happy with this product and definitely recommend to all. It is a gentle scrub that is certainly caters for sensitive skin, even with daily use.

on 5/26/2012 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Awesome face scrub!
Pros:
no break outs
doesnt dry out my skin (which is very dry to begin with)
actually brightens my complexion