The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/3/2010 6:44:00 PM

The package is not really hygienic. I hate anything that I need to stick my finger inside. Besides, it leaves a white cast on my lips and is not moisturizing at all. I like the smell but it is not convincing enough to make me keep this horrible product.

on 7/2/2010 4:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Firstly, I love the smell of the product, but it doesn't really do what a good lip treatment should. I use Blistex for that. I do use this product as a lip balm over the top of my Blistex though. Gives a nice light colour and smoothes my lips.

on 5/19/2010 3:53:00 AM

I had really bad chapped lips and none of my normal lipglosses or balms were helping. My friend gave me Papaya Lip Butter in a gift pack for my birthday. It helped moisturise my lips all winter and made a marked improvement to the chaffing. My local store (In Sydney Australia) only had the Coconut flavour and Papaya flavour when I went back in to buy a replacement one as I finished my first one. I opted for Cocunut to try something new. It's alright but nothing to rave about, and as the colour is white, if you apply a lot your lips look awful. I would definately buy Papaya nest time, and the fragrance and taste is beautiful, and colour not noticeable.

on 1/8/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm has a very pleasant smell...exactly like you would expect coconut to smell like. However, the compliments stop there. If you're looking for a moisturizing treatment for your lips, don't waste your money on this product. It wears off extremely fast, and absolutely does nothing to improve the texture of your lips. In fact, I found it very drying and it made my lips crack and peel more often than before.

I have a TBS lip butter in wild cherry and I love it. This product doesn't dry out my lips at all. The scent is very strong. other people can smell it when I apply it and when I'm wearing it. But honestly they don't mind and i don't eather.
I'm not crazy about the fact that it comes in a pot (not hygienic but I think that because it is a lipbutter it cannot be put in a twist-up container.
The product leaves a nice creamy sheen to my lips which is nce because lipglosses and lipsticks are very drying on my lips. This is my everyday, nude, moisturizing lipgloss.

on 11/13/2009 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

So the smell is absolutely delish, but the texture is horrible, and dries out your lips within an hour or so. Not a good lip balm if you want something moisturising. And it's quite expensive, got this for NZ$15

i went to the body shop to get this, thinking it must be soo good since its soo expensive. i used it and it dried my lips. and it wears off reli quick. i put it on, maybe like 10 mins later its gone. and it leaves this white film on my lips, (gross) i only like it because it smelled amazing. drugstore brands like blistex, and softlips works sooo much better than this.

on 10/2/2009 2:04:00 AM

I'm a little surprised by the bad reviews! I am always lured into The Body Shop by the awesome smell, and I am already a fan of their body butters and body scrubs, so I figured I'd give the lip butter a shot. I bought it in Guarana (to be honest, I thought I'd grabbed "cherry," and found out otherwise when I got home with it, but that's okay!), and it smells wonderful. I've had nasty chapped lips for the past few days but they are already looking and feeling better since I've gotten this lip butter. The consistency is nice and creamy, and feels like a cross between balm and gloss when it melts into your lips. Will buy again in several more flavors.

on 9/22/2009 9:45:00 PM

This is the worst product I've ever used on my lips. 'Butter' suggests that it is going to be at least a little bit moisturising. But this made my lips very chapped. Much more than they were in the first place. So once I used something else on my lips that made them better (Lucas's Papaw treatment), I used the lip butter again. But I could feel my lips start to dry out again after only a couple of minutes. The only reason I gave this product one lippy is because of the yummy smell (I got wild cherry).

on 9/2/2009 5:50:00 PM

I use shea butter (other brands) on my lips all the time, and I love the Body Shop's body butters, so I thought I'd love their lip butter. Not so! It stings my lips whenever I use it, making me wonder if I'm allergic to one of the ingredients? It also seems to dry out my lips, rather than moisturize. I will definitely not be buying this again! Plus, it left a gross white film on my lips, making me look sick. (but it does smell pretty nice)

Popular Lip Treatments